V20 - Ghoul disciplines pre and post embrace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PazuzuAxelf View Post

Clan disciplines do not require a teacher in V20. They are inherent to the blood. The merit makes it a clan discipline, so no I would not require a teacher.

Don't think of them as "Toreador Ghoul" or "Tzimisce Ghoul". They are a Ghoul, and thus mortal first and foremost. The embrace determines their clan disciplines and weakness - regardless of previous blood bonds.
    Thanks for the input. I believe that I misunderstood how blood bonds worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
      Points of note
      - The Embrace destroys previous blood bonds
      - A Ghoul can get higher disciplines thanks to thicker blood, but they only have access while the better blood is in their system; EG they could get a discipline to 3 or 4 but as soon as they're only fed on 13th gen blood, they lose access too it (And I think Ghould pay x20 for disciplines anyway...)
      - Some versions you lose the ghoul disciplines, some just the free Potence.
      As an ST, I'd judge it on the following - did the PC get used as a PC for a time or did they really just "Play through a prologue" If it was a Ghoul - Character that's embraced after months of play; give them what they had and increase their powers because they're embraced; if it was just a prologue - then character creation with normal rules.
      Thank you for your answers! 👍

If the PC was a Ghoul in his background and was therefore exposed to the traditional ghoul disciplines, would you allow him to take points in those as out of clan disciplines but without a teacher?

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post

You sure about this one? Blood Bond rules fail to mention it nor did I find any reference to it in the Embrace section on a quick flip through of V20. Where as even Proxy Kissed Merit from CB: Giovanni takes former Blood Bonds into account and leaves you to handle them post-Embrace since there it is explicitly stated you may be Bound to both your former Regnant, or Regnants, in addition to your new sire.

The only way to shatter the Bond is generally through abstinance, death of Regnant or Vaulderie, and some rare Blood magic Rites.
        There seems to be a number of methods listed in a previous post by Cynic01 :
        QUOTE=Cynic01;n1170795
        Or http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ng-blood-bonds

Sorry, don't know how to link just to the post. 😔

But there seems to be a number of ways to break the domitor's bond.

However, I read about someone considering that a fully bound ghoul that were to be embraced would have a lvl 2 bond to his domitor's and a level 1 to his sire.

This is interesting, thank you. 🤔😁

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
          I am Sure of this, but I don't know where from
          Considering all the ways to break the bond that Cynic01 mentioned in a post on a previous thread, I'd see it as possible but my Google-fu failed me when I tried to find the source.

Maybe I'll just go the middle road for the bond. Sometimes it breaks, sometimes it doesn't and you get divided loyalties which offer quite few storytelling opportunities 😁😎

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanD View Post

Thank you for your answers! 👍

If the PC was a Ghoul in his background and was therefore exposed to the traditional ghoul disciplines, would you allow him to take points in those as out of clan disciplines but without a teacher?
            Great excuse to buy things at character creation for Out of Clans

Comment

Working...
            X