Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chantryless Tremere - ideas

Greetings!

I'm running a Victorian Age Vampire game set in 1882. The power structure of the Camarilla is falling apart like a leper in an aerobics class as Mithras has been gone for centuries and his great grand childe, Desmond Hastings, who is supposedly running London, has tried to maintain power by instating coteries of neonates in various areas - with feeble results. The Camarilla Clans are solely interested in their respective financial or political affairs ... and so a small band of Sabbat Vampires, led by Sascha Vykos, are slowly infiltrating London top down.

My players are one of the impotent Coteries instated in Westminster, and they have been running about on various errands for various elders - some of them Sabbat (without the players' knowledge) - and have thus lost both perspective and supervision.

In this setting with little direction from the Elders of the clans, I am to introduce a Tremere player ... but if he's to be part of the Coterie I need to separate him from any particular Tremere Chantry, as he'd otherwise soon abandon his fellow neonates and move in with his Clan mates ... but how do I go about giving his character means and reasons to be such a Tremere? How will he learn Rituals or new Paths for that matter?

I'd love to hear your ideas and takes.

Thanks in advance.

V

"They do say, Mrs. M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are of course wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head."

--E. Blackadder

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
    The power structure of the Camarilla is falling apart like a leper in an aerobics class
    Sorry. Don't have anything to add more than that I chocked on my food from laughing at this during lunch. Well done!

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

How is the situation with the rest of the Tremere in the city? Could he in fact be the only Tremere in the city? An advanced scout sent out by the Pyramid to establish a powerbase?

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
        How is the situation with the rest of the Tremere in the city? Could he in fact be the only Tremere in the city? An advanced scout sent out by the Pyramid to establish a powerbase?
        I rarely run fixed NPC scenarios, in the sense that the entire gallery of NPCs is set out in advance - I tend to mold it as the game progresses, so that I can change the line-up of antagonists ... in case my players do something really stupid ... which they will.

So far the only Tremere I have had in play, without the players actually meeting him, is an old professor, who's been "corrupted" by the Sabbat, and is now doing blood magic on newly embraced freaks in the cellar beneath The Savage Club (a gentlemen's club) on Adelphy Terrace. They encountered one of his freaks at some point, but wisely chose not to fight it. So, he's sort of a dark horse I could put into play - having him corrupt the new Tremere while teaching him rituals.

Other than that, I have a Tremere primogen in mind ... but I still miss the last pieces to set it properly up. Hence my question.

V

"They do say, Mrs. M, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are of course wrong, as you will soon discover when I stick this toasting fork into your head."

--E. Blackadder

Comment

You have several way to introduce de chantryless Tremere :
          - His Sire is destroyed before the presentation in Vienne ... the vampire will have issue to be accepte as a Tremere and not be destroy by them. To learn Thaumaturgy, it will require Mentor 4 or 5 if he want to go far
          • An elder from Sabbat Tremere Antitribu ...
          • for fun, and with lot plot in England Grimgroth / the old Tremere use the player as apprentice to act in England while he as to go to other European country, as this, the player as an official approval to request assistance and training in any England Chantry ...
          • If your Tremere want to be short live, but with lot of fun : Mentor 5 : Kemintiri , she was in England in the Victorian age and could train in Thaumaturgy ... the issue is to remain alive to have for mentor the the First from Red List
          - His Sire is destroyed or have disappear and the vampire look for her/him or to avenge him and have request special leave until this objectif is fuffill, this authorization to act outside chantry will be limited in time (50 to 100 years) (the idea isn't from me, I've take it in Paris By Night : Laureen history )
          - The vampire is an extraordinary scholar that need to travel to perfect some awaited Thaumaturgy Quest, he is authaurized to go study on several Chauntry at the request from Higher Circle (maybe at the request from Council from Seven ...)
          - The vampire is an Astor : member from a Tremere secret organization that hunts traitors and infiltrators within the pyramid.

So you have several ways to introduce a chantryless Tremere, this was only few examples
          Last edited by Faerl; 10-31-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

A Tremere Sire, often Regent, who is "Experimenting" with an embrace, doing something that they're not meant to - like not giving them the usual blood Thaumaturgy first, or embracing a mage or hedge-mage that the hierarchy wouldn't approve (Except in hindsight, when it works out well) or a medium to get an in for Necromancy (Something that the Tremere are usually pretty weak on)
            Kinfolk, Hunters with Numina; all the kind of things that will get reward if they're successful, but you don't officially do it in case they're not.

Keeps the character out of the Pyramid proper, but has some limited support from Tremere inside it.

Comment

Brilliant ideas! Thanks, good people.

I think I'm gonna blend them a bit and make his Sire a Camarilla Tremere from the Continent, who's interested in creating a new power base in London. He's agreed to aid the Ventrue "Prince", Desmond Hastings, by joining the Coterie while nourishing his own plans. What he doesn't know, however, is that Desmond has been replaced by a Tzimisce using fleshcraft to imitate Desmond - but when he finds out he's gonna be hard pressed to aid the Coterie in more ways than he'd expected ... maybe even by waking Tremere-hating Mithras to fight off Sascha Vykos and his ilk.

V

--E. Blackadder

Comment

Working...
              X