Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Chicago by Night 5E Kickstarter Backer Previews (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion of Chicago by Night 5E Kickstarter Backer Previews (Spoilers)

Basically a thread for discussing the events and transformation of the setting in the Chicago by Night previews available for backers. I've been informed they're okay if they're spoiler tags. I'm personally interested in everyone's opinions on events as well changes from one edition to the next.

PREVIEWS

NPCS

EDWARD NEALLY

ANITA WAINWRIGHT

NIKOLAS "SWEETIE PEPPER" WHITE

LESTER KNIFE

BRONWYN

CEDERICK CALHOUN

NOAH "FLYBOY" GREHAL

ANNABELLE

Sun

Fiction

Red No. 5

On the Road to the Second City part 1

On the Road to the Second City part 2

On the Road to the Second City part 3
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 11-19-2018, 09:09 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Any details on Lasombra?
    Last edited by Illithid; 10-31-2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
      Any details on Lasombra
      Nope.

Not yet, other than there's a Lasombra and Obternation chapters.

Also a picture of what I assume to be Lucita.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Nope.

Not yet, other than there's a Lasombra and Obternation chapters.

Also a picture of what I assume to be Lucita.

BACK OFF,SHE'S MIN...
        ah,erm...
        I mean,Lucita? nice, i thought we would have to wait a little while to see her

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          BACK OFF,SHE'S MIN...
          ah,erm...
          I mean,Lucita? nice, i thought we would have to wait a little while to see her

Dawkins said on Facebook that that's Helena.

Comment

Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post

Dawkins said on Facebook that that's Helena.
            That's a weird choice given she's Beckoned.

I think this is supposed to be Shejana.

Not that I disapprove of hot pale dark-haired ladies.

Comment

Helena hasn't been Beckoned. Or, I should say, she was Beckoned and then came back.

Matthew Dawkins
              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Describing Erichtho as "in charge" of that place is the most inaccurate thing that was ever inaccurated.

Writer, Game Designer, Pro since 99.

Thoughts at mobunited.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                  Helena hasn't been Beckoned. Or, I should say, she was Beckoned and then came back.
                  So the Beckoning isn't irreversible or irresistible? Which implies that either
                  • The Antediluvians aren't as all-powerful as generally supposed or
                  • The Antediluvians aren't responsible for the Beckoning or
                  • They've decided that some of the Kindred they've been hoovering up are more of a liability than an asset
                  Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by JezMiller View Post

• They've decided that some of the Kindred they've been hoovering up are more of a liability than an asset
                    Interesting

It give us a new view on Beckoning ...
                    I'm thinking Helena was summon for a specific topic like comming with lot of her Progeny but Helena is a big liability and may generate by her presence a direct conflict with Brujah for the destruction of Carthage ...
                    It may also be that Arikel either has been destroy or feel safe enough to allow Helena to leave

Mystery or freedom for Storytelers ... or to wait for the Complete Jyhad Book : the Final truth on Antedilivians ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                      DUN DUN DUN

Cool.

Still, I thought it was a rocking Lucita picture and am saddened if she's not in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by JezMiller View Post
                        Interesting
                        I think it was clear for a while that the Beckoning has its limits. The core book notes that some elders are trying to stave off its effects by drinking younger blood in what seems to be a kind of reverse-diablerie.
                        And while the Antediluvians are still extremely powerful, they've never been described as limitless - otherwise, Gehenna would already have happened

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                          I think it was clear for a while that the Beckoning has its limits. The core book notes that some elders are trying to stave off its effects by drinking younger blood in what seems to be a kind of reverse-diablerie.
                          And while the Antediluvians are still extremely powerful, they've never been described as limitless - otherwise, Gehenna would already have happened
                          There's also the fact that assumes the Antediluvians WANT to wipe out all Kindred.

More like it's the Cyclical Gehenna where they do what Cappadochias did.

* Wake up
                          * Summon everybody
                          * Eat half
                          * Send the rest back

Comment

ITS BANU HAQIM AND BRUJAH TIME!

Preview 3#

Lasombra

Well, we've got our first Lasombra news in the fact there's a Lasombra delegation which has been sent to Chicago that has apparently been arranged by Maldavis. So, interestingly, Kevin Jackson and Maldavis are apparently working together to incorporate the ex-Sabbat into the Camarilla City. Damien was apparenty so disillusioned by this, he's turned against the Anarchs completely.

Banu Haqim

We have a delegation of Assamites in the city now with a deliberate subversion of hired killers. Instead, we have a beautiful Iranian diplomat who is eyeing the Primogen seat and her rebellious drug dealing progeny. I think it's interesting how the elder of the two basically comes off as a stereotypical Toreador in many ways--constantly obsessed with mortal artiste and in that Anne Rice
                            bisexual sort of way.

Given her lack of Presence, I think it's also funny how her obsession thinks she's a creep. Which is a nice subversion.

Brujah

Critias

No insights into the Beckoning other than Menele being summoned by it broke Critias' Blood Bond to him and now he is totally 100% against his sire. The fact he's murdering students who don't live up to his standards is terrible, though, and Socrates would be appalled. Mind you, Kevin Jackson holding such sway over a 2500 year old Elder like him is almost pathetic. It shows how really far he's fallen.

Damien

The new Sheriff of Chicago is brutalizing the Anarchs far more than I expected. Apparently, all of Damien's former friends have either moved out or he's willing to put them on his "to be spared" list. I wonder what will happen when Kevin Jackson reveals that the 10 Anarchs are a list he's given to multiple Kindred--and that it will be after they've murdered each other.

I mean, wow, that is pure Ventrue, there.

Damien really is kinda pathetic in this and I feel bad for such a formerly friendly PC-like hero.

Anita Wainwright

She's lost a point of Humanity! She's down to 8! Wassail awaits! Seriously, though, one of my all time favorite Anarchs and she's gained position and prominence in the city. Her attempts to convert Critias to the Anarchs is doomed to failure, though.

Critias is probably as involved in founding the Camarilla as Hardestadt and probably still considers ir a new experiment.

Her desire to murder werewolf kinfolk is tragic, though.

Genghis

I love the way they've expanded on him becoming an Anarch sell-out of the highest order. That's really all I can say. I also like the nod he's friends with Microsoft executives. Err, I mean Sunburst Enterprises.

Sheriff

There's no end of fun to be had at the schadenfreude that Sheriff lost his job because he's a racist and the new Prince is black. I was kind of iffy about the fact he's a virulent racist a century later but that's a big part of Sheriff's characterization, though. I also like how Damien has found himself with Critias and Sheriff as his only Brujah allies in the city.

Which is bizarre.

Also, I find Critias' contempt for Balthazar bizarre because he's not exactly rocking the rebel train himself.

Frenchie

He's back!

Comment

I think it's fair to describe Critias as a broken man. Imagine having 2000+ years of your life effectively dictated to you and inadvertently finding freedom.

Matthew Dawkins
                              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Working...
                              X