Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Chicago by Night 5E Kickstarter Backer Previews (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crytash View Post
    I agree. Still, if we have to look into the future. The IP should show its strength. It is obviously important after the last weeks. A sure thing. That is why I hope that the next kickstarter will fall into one of two categories, either a new gameline (W5) or something rather comprehensive.
    Or LA By Night!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Eh, i would prefer either something about the fight against the 2nd IQ (both sides) plus something done about the elders - or something that would expand the political part of the game, but those are dreams.

Comment

• We're very pleased with how this Kickstarter has gone. As mentioned, city sourcebooks tend to sell poorly (hence why there were none for V20), but this one has exceeded expectations.

Matthew Dawkins
        In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• 92K achieved.

1K from an increased art budget so you can have photos of me as a vampire!

4K from the completion of LET THE STREETS RUN RED.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crytash View Post
            Eh, i would prefer either something about the fight against the 2nd IQ (both sides) plus something done about the elders - or something that would expand the political part of the game, but those are dreams.
            The SI does seem like a sourcebook about it would be great, potentially.

I admit I have only one disappointment with Chicago by Night 5E and it's an asinine fanboy one. Basically, Sullivan Dane gets a tiny adventure hook where he goes on a suicide attack against the PCs/Elysium with his stats. As the 1st vampire hunter in all of V:TM, the one which all others are drawn from, you'd think he would have been an excellent character to get a full write-up on. He's the kind of guy you could use to give a Plots and Schemes plus nuanced opinion on the Second Inquisition from.

Especially since Sullivan teamed up with some potentially High Humanity vampires to take down a Humanity 1 Samedi Elder.

So yes, ridiculous whining that he's not getting a full write-up in the book.

As a fan I am NEVER satisfied!

Speaking of updates, if we can expect the same level of quality for LET THE STREETS RUN RED as we got from the Chronicle inside today's update then we're in good hands. I'm probably going to replace Malekov with Talley himself when I run the adventure because, honestly, it seems like being sacrificed as the "perfect Sabbat soldier" for the "good of the sect" is a bitterly ironic way of meeting his end. I also love how it makes use of mutliple Kindred factions without seeming gratuitous and the way the player characters suddenly decide everything is awesome.

Some awesome lore sheets and adventure hooks as well with the idea of a conflict over Ballard buying a baseball park or not being surprisingly awesome.
            Last edited by CTPhipps; 11-24-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• I love the poetic irony of Malenkov's death. He's an evil,evil monster and yet he's the one who calls out the Camarilla and Anarchs in their callousness and the sheer cruelty of burning him to death for politics. And he is right,that's some good writing. I expected no less of Klara

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                I love the poetic irony of Malenkov's death. He's an evil,evil monster and yet he's the one who calls out the Camarilla and Anarchs in their callousness and the sheer cruelty of burning him to death for politics. And he is right,that's some good writing.
                The thing is that an act of mercy is also going to be very questionable too because:

1. Even if you're an Anarch, letting Malenkov live is going to just result in a lot more innocent Kine die as we know he's an unrepetant mass murderer.
                2. Jackson accidentally negotiated a deal where the player characters can indirectly strike a serious blow against the Lasombra.

My Anarch PCs would be seriously torn over what to do.

They hate the Camarilla but have they fallen so far they want to see it hurt more than the Sabbat?

I expected no less of Klara
                I want to read more by Klara and am curious what else she's written. She's sold me on her work.
                Last edited by CTPhipps; 11-24-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Klara has been writing for Onyx Path for a year now, but I believe this is the first of her pieces of work you'll have seen. You'll soon find more of her words in Contagion Chronicle, Shunned by the Moon, C20 Player's Guide, and Dark Eras 2, to name a few.

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                    Klara has been writing for Onyx Path for a year now, but I believe this is the first of her pieces of work you'll have seen. You'll soon find more of her words in Contagion Chronicle, Shunned by the Moon, C20 Player's Guide, and Dark Eras 2, to name a few.
                    I dropped her a Facebook page comment about how much I enjoyed the Chronicle. Michael Suttkus, my fellow author on some urban fantasy novels, loves Changeling 20 as unhealthily as I love Chicago by Night. So he's certainly going to enjoy her work in the Player's Guide I'm sure.

I'll have to check it out as well since I was once a huge Changeling player.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

The SI does seem like a sourcebook about it would be great, potentially.

I admit I have only one disappointment with Chicago by Night 5E and it's an asinine fanboy one. Basically, Sullivan Dane gets a tiny adventure hook where he goes on a suicide attack against the PCs/Elysium with his stats. As the 1st vampire hunter in all of V:TM, the one which all others are drawn from, you'd think he would have been an excellent character to get a full write-up on. He's the kind of guy you could use to give a Plots and Schemes plus nuanced opinion on the Second Inquisition from.

Especially since Sullivan teamed up with some potentially High Humanity vampires to take down a Humanity 1 Samedi Elder.

So yes, ridiculous whining that he's not getting a full write-up in the book.

As a fan I am NEVER satisfied!

Speaking of updates, if we can expect the same level of quality for LET THE STREETS RUN RED as we got from the Chronicle inside today's update then we're in good hands. I'm probably going to replace Malekov with Talley himself when I run the adventure because, honestly, it seems like being sacrificed as the "perfect Sabbat soldier" for the "good of the sect" is a bitterly ironic way of meeting his end. I also love how it makes use of mutliple Kindred factions without seeming gratuitous and the way the player characters suddenly decide everything is awesome.

Some awesome lore sheets and adventure hooks as well with the idea of a conflict over Ballard buying a baseball park or not being surprisingly awesome.
                      This may not be the last of Sullivan Dane, but we'll see whether he fits into any of the expansion projects.

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• Random question, Matthew but do you expect you'll be doing all four LTSRR Chronicles?

Or is that privileged info?

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                          Random question, Matthew but do you expect you'll be doing all four LTSRR Chronicles?

Or is that privileged info?
                          I'll be overseeing them as World of Darkness line developer and maybe developing each one (depending on workload, priorities, etc.), but I doubt I'll be writing them myself.

Matthew Dawkins

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

I'll be overseeing them as World of Darkness line developer and maybe developing each one (depending on workload, priorities, etc.), but I doubt I'll be writing them myself.
                            Well if you use any of the crew from Chicago by Night, it'll be very good.

She'd do a wonderful Gary.

Or some place equally Gothic and forbidden....like the suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                              I love the poetic irony of Malenkov's death. He's an evil,evil monster and yet he's the one who calls out the Camarilla and Anarchs in their callousness and the sheer cruelty of burning him to death for politics. And he is right,that's some good writing. I expected no less of Klara
                              I had more fun writing him than I'd like to admit!

Onyx Path Writer: Vampire 5th Edition, Contagion Chronicle, Werewolf the Forsaken, Dark Eras 2, Geist: Sin-eaters, Mummy: The Curse, Changeling: The Dreaming
                              Helmgast: Kult: Divinity Lost

Twitter: https://twitter.com/xLadyGamerx

Comment

• Originally posted by Amishia View Post
                                I had more fun writing him than I'd like to admit!
                                You really did a great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X