Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Chicago by Night 5E Kickstarter Backer Previews (Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

Honestly, I can't answer your questions with any accuracy as I don't work for White Wolf or have access to their grand plan (if they have one). I strongly suspect all Disciplines will be expanded in time, however.
    Thank you for the quick answer! Actually, even if you have insight into some parts of WWs plan for V5, I know you could not speak about it on a forum in much detail, but it was worth a shot to ask. Btw, thank you for your work on V20 and V5, it is a lot closer to the heart of VtM than Revised ever was!

Comment

Caitiff and Gangrel thoughts

1. Great stuff as always.

2. I generally am loving the handling of race in this book with the fact the three primary Kindred political movers and shakers in this book (Kevin Jackson, Damien the Sheriff, and Maldavis) are all black. You don't see that in a lot of fiction, let alone tabletop RPGs.

3. Maldavis being unwilling to take the reigns because of fear and maybe planning to support Anita Wainwright as a power behind the throne is awesome. It's a nice character flaw for her and shows she's not perfect. I also think lowering her Humanity to 8 was a good choice. It's believable while also saintly for Kindred.

3. Bennet Steadman is a character I'm really fond of and is the first new character I'm going to be putting into my chronicle. I have had the PCs take over the Succubus Club so it'll be good to have them as rivals. Also, I love the WEALTH of new Kindred hinted at.

4. The nod to Stonewall and Blacula is an amazing combination there, friend. Mamuwalde is a character who I think will be very special for one of my players.

5. Mercy is a great adventure hook right there. A Caitiff who is potentially a Masquerade violation but not someone who they might not be able to talk down.

6. Nerissa is an interesting replacement for Menele and potentially reverses the "Good vs. Evil" dictonomy with Helene. Certainly, I trust Portia more than her. I'm very intrigued by the idea she's possibly Gangrel herself but that's just how I'll use it for my games.

7. Rosa's plan against the Kinfolk is UTTERLY INSANE. I wonder how Anita Wainwright will react.

8. I do wonder why Rosa stuck with the Camarilla.

9. Duncan is a great character. I'm not sure how I'll use him but CRAZY SURVIVALIST Gangrel is a great concept. He's more like how you expect Assamites to be.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Love the style of the new kindred profiles , separating things in sections is a great idea and also feels like very clean to read.Like the fact that the relationships and servants have their own section.Seeing the relationships between kindred was always one of the most interesting things in the By Night books

Also it feels like they are balancing the characters stats instead of giving them a bunch of random discipline and atribute dots.THANKS

I don´t like V5 at all and I wont dare to touch the core even with a stick but with this you are giving me hope.When I say that i mean that you guys are doing a Great Job.Kept it and please use the same art-style for the other supplements.

Hunger pool

Comment

The big thing I'm excited about with this book isn't the book itself, though I'm exceptionally excited about that, but the fact that it is going to be a series of supplements that will make a few for Chicago. The Anarchs and Camarilla supplement, the Chronicles, and so on all mean this won't just be a "one and done" sort of deal.

I've done an interview with Matthew Dawkins and he mentions the ideal is they're going to do possibly up to four chronicles for LET THE STREETS RUN RED.

I'm hoping they'll reach the mark for that.

It'll make a whole Midwest sort of setting for 5E.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
            The big thing I'm excited about with this book isn't the book itself, though I'm exceptionally excited about that, but the fact that it is going to be a series of supplements that will make a few for Chicago. The Anarchs and Camarilla supplement, the Chronicles, and so on all mean this won't just be a "one and done" sort of deal.

I've done an interview with Matthew Dawkins and he mentions the ideal is they're going to do possibly up to four chronicles for LET THE STREETS RUN RED.

I'm hoping they'll reach the mark for that.

It'll make a whole Midwest sort of setting for 5E.

Well, the Kickstarter's current stretch goal for a second chronicle for LET THE STREETS RUN RED is within sight.

Comment

My interview with Matthew Dawkins also suggests there could be as many as FOUR Chronicles.

https://unitedfederationofcharles.bl...ort-about.html

*entitled fan voice* Which should all be in Gary! *entitled fan voice*

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                Isn't Succubus a nickname for Toreador?(among so many others)
                uhm... yes... good way of going around the issue XD

Well, there literally was in previous editions.
                Gulfora.
                But I don't think they're likely to convert her to Demon: The Fallen rules.
                Yeah, I know, I was speaking exactly about her

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

Guys! It has been revealed in the QeA Obtenebration has changed! It's still it's own Discipline. But now it's called "Oblivion".
                  let that sink in.
                  Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 11-09-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                    Guys! It has been revealed in the QeA Obtenebration has changed! It's still it's own Discipline. But now it's called "Oblivion".
                    let that sink in.
                    Awesome name. Very Anarch.

Comment

let that sink in.
                      Why? What was wrong with Obtenebration?

Comment

Originally posted by Frontline989 View Post

You see,there is a force on the World of Darkness called Oblivion. A force that wants to destroy the world. That force was unrelated to vampires in previous editions. But now,vs,pores can call upon it,

Comment

You see,there is a force on the World of Darkness called Oblivion. A force that wants to destroy the world. That force was unrelated to vampires in previous editions. But now,vs,pores can call upon it,
                          Much like Banu Haqim being the real name of the Assamites, wasn't Obternation ALWAYS drawing on the Underworld?

Comment

Much like Banu Haqim being the real name of the Assamites, wasn't Obternation ALWAYS drawing on the Underworld?
                            Obtenebration drawed on a otherwordly realm named the Abyss. not the Underworld,the Abyss always was pretty much it's own thing

Comment

Or.. its just a naming thing. like Blood Sorcery and there might be other clans that have it. Perhaps Oblivion is Obten+necro? It would make the Hecata much easier to do if that's the case. Lack of Inclan specifics seems to be a goal of 5e after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Frontline989 View Post

Indeed. I just can't get this changing of names left and right. Like, does the game really needs even more cutting ties with all the established stuff? I've just seen that harpies aren't harpies any more and I just don't get the point. It feels changing things for the sake of changing them and distancing it from the old game. Which would be okay, if, you know, it wouldn't named VtM.

Also, I don't really think it's a quite fitting name either. Obtenebration deals with darkness, not enthropy.
                                Last edited by PMárk; 11-09-2018, 09:07 PM.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Working...
                                X