It’s all about the ending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s all about the ending

Epilogues are nice touches I like to read. But wrapping up loose ends in this genre seems futile as all the characters are immortal.

How should I go about wrapping it up?

I have possible endings I can expect based on the paths and choices the characters have chosen but it’s always mutable cause they’ll always try to surprise.

I’m thinking cliff notes of their goals and choices. Give them a positive ending or maybe a sour ending to push them to want to play the same character in another campaign?

Always end with a triumph -- in VtM it should be bittersweet -- and the start of the next big plot hook. Maybe you'll play it maybe you won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Pnizzle View Post
      Epilogues are nice touches I like to read. But wrapping up loose ends in this genre seems futile as all the characters are immortal.

How should I go about wrapping it up?

I have possible endings I can expect based on the paths and choices the characters have chosen but it’s always mutable cause they’ll always try to surprise.

I’m thinking cliff notes of their goals and choices. Give them a positive ending or maybe a sour ending to push them to want to play the same character in another campaign?
      You can have the player characters attract the attention - and more than this - of influential, capable, powerful, and/or wise Vampire, or a group of them ( That could be of low Generation, but this is not necessary. ) . She ( or he, or they ) has been following the course of events and the actions of the group, and decided to act in some notable and characteristic way to influence the characters.
      A previously known NPC might distinctly change the way she or he acts towards the characters. The characters might find themselves in a situation when it is not possible for them to have much of a reaction due to it being so surprising or overwhelming. The characters might realize that they have been exploited all along ; or that somebody wants them to think they have been. They might discover and realize that a person or a group has been aiding them without wanting anything in return ; or that at least this is how it seems.

This could very well be an inconclusive ending, because it introduces new person(s) with unknown intentions who are involved in regard the characters. Yet at the same time it is in a way a positive ending, because clearly the player characters have been acting in such a way and/or with such results that, if anything, at least led to somebody noteworthy noticing them and undertaking some actions.
      Last edited by Muad'Dib; 11-02-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X