Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camarilla and Anarch Guides

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Camarilla and Anarch Guides

    Well they are finally out and after looking through them briefly I am glad to See the Banu Haquim and Ministry are given information to make them playable. I can hardly wait for the Lasombra. Curious to where we will see the Independent clans come into the mix. Now for a deeper dive and to read the books fully.

  • #2
    Oooo, have a link?


    Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
      Oooo, have a link?
      Right now, I think it's only folks who preordered. If you did, you should get a link in your e-mail


      Comment


      • #4
        redwulfe,would you mind telling me if the Banu Haqim still have three separate castes and if one or mor of them have acess to quietus?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
          redwulfe,would you mind telling me if the Banu Haqim still have three separate castes and if one or mor of them have acess to quietus?
          They have Blood sorcery instead of Quietus and there's a couple of new rituals.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GMort View Post
            They have Blood sorcery instead of Quietus and there's a couple of new rituals.
            thanks GMort

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
              Oooo, have a link?
              they can be bought here: https://www.modiphius.net/collection...the-masquerade

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                redwulfe,would you mind telling me if the Banu Haqim still have three separate castes and if one or mor of them have acess to quietus?
                It seems, as I am still reading, that this particularly deals with the Banu Haqim that have joined the camarilla. They do refer to a schism between the blood cults who worship Ur-Shulgi which is what is said to be most of the warrior caste and the Judges which comprises the islamic warriors and Vizirs who where embraced after the clan abandoned their merciless blood worship.

                I still have much to read but it seems that no matter what part of the schism your character is on the clan disciplines and Bane stay the same. So you can play either with this book, it seems.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GMort View Post
                  They have Blood sorcery instead of Quietus and there's a couple of new rituals.
                  Yep - Quietus has essentially been divided into Blood Sorcery and Obfuscate powers, both of which are clan disciplines.

                  Also, they get two new rituals: Ishtar's Touch, which creates a touch-based narcotic that makes people more open to suggestions (reduces Composure/Resolve dice pools), and One With The Blade, that lets them dedicate a weapon. A consecrated blade becomes indestructible and can be fed more blood (a Rouse) to add dice to the user's melee rolls for a scene, but what I really love about it is that if the weapon is ever used against the ritualist, it inflicts Aggravated damage. Can you say "instant plot hook"?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                    Yep - Quietus has essentially been divided into Blood Sorcery and Obfuscate powers, both of which are clan disciplines.

                    Also, they get two new rituals: Ishtar's Touch, which creates a touch-based narcotic that makes people more open to suggestions (reduces Composure/Resolve dice pools), and One With The Blade, that lets them dedicate a weapon. A consecrated blade becomes indestructible and can be fed more blood (a Rouse) to add dice to the user's melee rolls for a scene, but what I really love about it is that if the weapon is ever used against the ritualist, it inflicts Aggravated damage. Can you say "instant plot hook"?
                    I'm glad you like it! I wrote that.


                    Matthew Dawkins
                    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

                    ~Hapax Legomenon~

                    Comment


                    • #11


                      Apparently Vampire: The Masquerade is an alternate timeline where Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle didn't end well for the heroes.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ancestors' cults, oaths, no more Brujah...the Camarilla has totally gone Invictus.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
                          Ancestors' cults, oaths, no more Brujah...the Camarilla has totally gone Invictus.
                          Did that caught you flat-footed?

                          I just didn't expect it to take the setting and the sects in a different direction than waht was laid out in the core and interviews. This is their vision of Vampire.

                          To be clear, I prefer the earlier take on Camarilla. Nothing's wrong with the Invictus and I'm not saying this books is badly written, or that it isn't an interesting take on the theme, but in VtM, I want the old school Cam and Sabbat and Independents and all that.



                          If nothing worked, then let's think!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post
                            Ancestors' cults, oaths, no more Brujah...the Camarilla has totally gone Invictus.
                            Sigh. Just what I was afraid of. If I wanted to play Requiem I'd play requiem.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              By the way: The PDFs seem to suffer from the same problem as the core book: The bookmarks are a mess. Anarchs has no indentation at all while Camarilla has sensible chapter titles like "The" "view from the" and "top". I really hope those get fixed soon (along with the core book)! Apparently, the automatically generated bookmarks really don't work with heavily layouted books.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X