X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redwulfe
    started a topic Camarilla and Anarch Guides

Camarilla and Anarch Guides

Well they are finally out and after looking through them briefly I am glad to See the Banu Haquim and Ministry are given information to make them playable. I can hardly wait for the Lasombra. Curious to where we will see the Independent clans come into the mix. Now for a deeper dive and to read the books fully.

• Cifer
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert D View Post
    Thin-Blood Question. If a Thin-Blood were to take the Thin-Blood Flaw: Clan Curse and choose The Ministry Clan Curse, would that require the Thin-Blood in question to NOT have the Day Drinker Thin Blood Merit?
    I would assume so. Day-Drinker is pretty much the opposite of the Ministry Bane.

Originally posted by Robert D View Post
    And is there any condition on a Thin-blood having the Banu Haqim Clan Curse (my argument would be no as the BH clan curse is to immediately make a Frenzy check if slacking Hunger on Vitae, while the Gangrel and Brujah curses require already being in Frenzy thus the requirement of Bestial Temper flaw for Thin-Bloods with those two clan's curses)?
    "A thin-blood never frenzies unless provoked by supernatural means" - as long as we assume the Curse counts as supernatural, I'd be okay with taking the flaw.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    Thin-Blood Question. If a Thin-Blood were to take the Thin-Blood Flaw: Clan Curse and choose The Ministry Clan Curse, would that require the Thin-Blood in question to NOT have the Day Drinker Thin Blood Merit? And is there any condition on a Thin-blood having the Banu Haqim Clan Curse (my argument would be no as the BH clan curse is to immediately make a Frenzy check if slacking Hunger on Vitae, while the Gangrel and Brujah curses require already being in Frenzy thus the requirement of Bestial Temper flaw for Thin-Bloods with those two clan's curses)?

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

In the Planning for Chicago by Night 5E, one of the notes I haven't shared is the conflict between the Chicago Anarch factions. One of the ones I had to make because it's not in the new book (and why should it be) is the "moderate" Anarchs like you describe.

They don't mind a Prince, they just don't want a asshole coming down on them hard or this whole Anarchs vs. Camarill sect war.
    Well, yes. That's exactly the kind of social dynamics I'm missing from the new lay of the land. The stark Anarchs vs. Camarilla, privileged opressors vs. the oppressed "people" animosity just doesn't allow for the fluctuation of youngsters between the two sects, or for the mentioned moderates. The book mostly presents the radicals, the warlike and the antisocial outsiders.

Yes, I get the metaplot justification for that and that it makes different stories possible (though you could have them in open conflict before too), but I just think the old one was more nuanced and interesting.

Honestly, as in many cases, I like the general idea, the relationship heating up between the sects, the Anarch making a comeback, snatching territories from the Cam. But I dislike how radical they went with it, as it is generally my problem with the new metaplot and setting. Good ideas, taken too far. Of course, that's just me.
    Last edited by PMárk; 11-16-2018, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by PMárk View Post

That's a good remark and I'd agree.

Just yesterday, I've contemplated the Anarchs as they were (and the difference in the presentation of sects between the old editions and V5, in general). Well, the books always distinguished Iconoclasts and Ideologues, but I think, we can separate distinct smaller groups in those.

- The Essential Angry Teenagers of the vampiric world. The ones who'll grew out of it and became "proper" members of the Camarilla, as they start to acquire power and resources. They're mostly in because they're pissed that the elders want to order them around and that all the good stuff is theirs. And they want to party. Oh sure, they might spoute the rhetorics, but at the core, they're like that.

- The True Believers, who are really-really believe in their cause and/or vision of a radically different vampiric utopia, which they intend to reach via genuine revolution and tearing down of the old system.

- The Moderates, who believe the Camarilla is the right answer, but aware of its many failings and want to remedy those from within. At least they say so.

- The Extreme Individualists, who just don't fit in any formalized society, because they can't bear any authority over themselves for long. Likely, they were outsiders even before the Embrace, like Smiling Jack, who was a pirate. Anyone could be noncomformist, but they're taking it to the extreme. Mostly, they just want to be free, live as they want and ocassionaly fuck with the system.

Don't we all just love Tsunderes?
    In the Planning for Chicago by Night 5E, one of the notes I haven't shared is the conflict between the Chicago Anarch factions. One of the ones I had to make because it's not in the new book (and why should it be) is the "moderate" Anarchs like you describe.

They don't mind a Prince, they just don't want a asshole coming down on them hard or this whole Anarchs vs. Camarill sect war.

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    CTPhipps and PMárk
    You are both insulting my Lady and i shall duel with at dawn for her honor.
    Notice me if you're planning to come to Hungary and I'll gladly oblige.

'cause I believe swordplay and duelling and matters of honor are arts to themselves and the Clan of the Rose should always preserve art, if the occasion arises.
    Last edited by PMárk; 11-15-2018, 09:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied

I get the impression the Brujah have always been filled with their own version of the "artiste" versus "poseur" struggle.
    That's a good remark and I'd agree.

Just yesterday, I've contemplated the Anarchs as they were (and the difference in the presentation of sects between the old editions and V5, in general). Well, the books always distinguished Iconoclasts and Ideologues, but I think, we can separate distinct smaller groups in those.

- The Essential Angry Teenagers of the vampiric world. The ones who'll grew out of it and became "proper" members of the Camarilla, as they start to acquire power and resources. They're mostly in because they're pissed that the elders want to order them around and that all the good stuff is theirs. And they want to party. Oh sure, they might spoute the rhetorics, but at the core, they're like that.

- The True Believers, who are really-really believe in their cause and/or vision of a radically different vampiric utopia, which they intend to reach via genuine revolution and tearing down of the old system.

- The Moderates, who believe the Camarilla is the right answer, but aware of its many failings and want to remedy those from within. At least they say so.

- The Extreme Individualists, who just don't fit in any formalized society, because they can't bear any authority over themselves for long. Likely, they were outsiders even before the Embrace, like Smiling Jack, who was a pirate. Anyone could be noncomformist, but they're taking it to the extreme. Mostly, they just want to be free, live as they want and ocassionaly fuck with the system.

Mind you, I love how if you play a Camarilla fanboy, she struggles with how much she hates you and still strangely likes you.
    Don't we all just love Tsunderes?

Leave a comment:

• Illithid
    replied
    One of the Oldest Anarch traditions
    Sounds like the Witch Trials; You win if you Drown to death.

We had a dual like that in our Dark Ages game. (some wierd Houserules/combos involved)
    A Ravnos (Bloodline requiring virtues instead of vices - Clan Weakness Chivalry) on Road of Kings was challenged by a Settite assassin who's spirit was ted to a mother of monsters, so she could rebirth the assassin if the body died.
    Settite was sure he'd win, even if the body burnt up, but we paid in massive boons to the Tremere to cast the Proto-Gargoyle ritual to turn flesh to stone when the sun rises. (Rituals in Dark ages before they became a discipline for Visceretika)

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Originally posted by Illithid View Post

Duel At Dawn; who runs from the sun first loses?
    One of the Oldest Anarch traditions

Leave a comment:

• Illithid
    replied
    CTPhipps and PMárk
    Duel At Dawn; who runs from the sun first loses?

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    CTPhipps and PMárk

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Yeah, I get that. She's pretty much a joke. The stereotypical neo-comm Brujah anarch neonate, who's talking big and uses "fascist" in every other sentence and actually believes what she's talking, but doesn't know shit.

It was annyoing that I had to deal with her and listening to her silliness, if I wanted to deal with the Anarch (which I did). Oh well, the drawbacks of a videogame, I guess.

Though, I'm actually surprised Nines and the others didn't kick her out. Maybe they needed every hand on deck, maybe she just amused them. I doubt anyone took her seriously, when she got into genuine hammer and sickle propaganda mode.
    I get the impression the Brujah have always been filled with their own version of the "artiste" versus "poseur" struggle.

Mind you, I love how if you play a Camarilla fanboy, she struggles with how much she hates you and still strangely likes you.

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied

I don't think Damsel qualifies as a Social Justice Warrior by any stretch of the imagination. Social Justice Warrior is a stereotype about an internet activist who doesn't actually do anything but stroke net outrage.

Damsel is an active revolutionary.
    I've heard the term used regarding activists on the streets too, so I wasn't aware of the net angle, just the annoying, parrotting specific narratives and buzzwords, derisive, full of themselves angle.

Mind you, she's considered a joke by some of her fellow Anarchs in-game.
    Yeah, I get that. She's pretty much a joke. The stereotypical neo-comm Brujah anarch neonate, who's talking big and uses "fascist" in every other sentence and actually believes what she's talking, but doesn't know shit.

It was annyoing that I had to deal with her and listening to her silliness, if I wanted to deal with the Anarch (which I did). Oh well, the drawbacks of a videogame, I guess.

Though, I'm actually surprised Nines and the others didn't kick her out. Maybe they needed every hand on deck, maybe she just amused them. I doubt anyone took her seriously, when she got into genuine hammer and sickle propaganda mode.
    Last edited by PMárk; 11-15-2018, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied

Goth gods, Damsel annoyed the living hell out of me in Bloodlines. If there is a negative-stereotype SJW character in Bloodlines and in the whole Vampire universe, Damsel is. Yes, I'm aware of the irony that the game was made a decade before "SJW" became a thing. She's still horrible, on the "love to hate" level.
    I don't think Damsel qualifies as a Social Justice Warrior by any stretch of the imagination. Social Justice Warrior is a stereotype about an internet activist who doesn't actually do anything but stroke net outrage.

Damsel is an active revolutionary.

Mind you, she's considered a joke by some of her fellow Anarchs in-game.

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied

Anarchs

+ Damsel (from V:TM: Bloodlines) sometimes gets meals by luring Neo-Nazis on Tinder for hookups. That's hilarious.
    Goth gods, Damsel annoyed the living hell out of me in Bloodlines. If there is a negative-stereotype SJW character in Bloodlines and in the whole Vampire universe, Damsel is. Yes, I'm aware of the irony that the game was made a decade before "SJW" became a thing. She's still horrible, on the "love to hate" level.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X