V5 - Clan of Death and Ravnos question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 - Clan of Death and Ravnos question

As 7 of the Thirteen clans are shown in the core book of V5, and one more clan is shown in each of the following: Anarchs, Camarilla, and Chicago by Night, and the future Sabat book will feature another one, do you all think the remaining two Independent clans will get an "Independents" sourcebook, or each get a supplement in the vein (pardon the pun) of Chicago by Night?

My suspicion is that the Ravnos won't be playable. I think they have generally gone the way of the Salubri, being super rare. As for the Giovanni, I'm really interested to see what they do with them. Before it was revealed that the Lasombra would appear in Chicago by Night, I wondered if perhaps the metaplot would reestablish the Lazarenes as the Clan of Death in the Sabbat book. But certainly with the number of fans the Giovanni have, that would be controversial (not that this edition has been controversy free or anything). So I say it's either that, or the Giovanni will appear alone in some other supplement ala Lasombra.

Comment

Hello,

Both clans Ravnos and Giovanni are nearly extinct :

Originally posted by V5_Corebook p 63
      Two (Giovanni and Ravnos) have been driven nearly extinct outside their ancestral strongholds by enemies mortal and sorcerous.
      So I'm not sure if thee will have a book of independant clans or more add in a Bloodlines book with Salubri.

Comment

Oh joy, that will please the Giovanni fans. Hopefully the Lazarenes are elevated back to Clan status to compensate.

Comment

wait, nowhere is said the Giovanni are "nearly extinct", but that they are "nearly extinct outside their ancestral strongholds " which means that they still are, at very least, in Italy, Sicily, Boston, Scotland and all the stronghold of the other minor families (Germany, England, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Luxemburg)

(saves for the Hidalgo [destroyed between 2nd Edition and Revised] the Della Passaglia and the Pisanob [both hunted to extinction between BJD and V5)

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

From [strike]Bennett jihad book[/strike] Becketts Jyhad Diary : [strike]Bennett[/strike] has freed the spirit from Capadocius that hunt Giovanni.
            A weak Giovanni like : Ambrogino Giovanni (5th generation and one of the best necromancer) is running and direct it on member from Giovanni Clan to gain time.

Giovanni have lost a major city in Italy but I don't retrieve the reference.
            In France, the second city Marseille that had a great establisment from Giovanni has been purge of all vampires by Second Inquisition...

(Giovanni are one of major power on Marseille from France By Night book)

Originally posted by V5_Corebook p361
            France’s Calcédoine program within DGSE has driven Villon into hiding and slowly clears Marseilles.
            But Camarilla Book tell that France Prince Villon gain power and is well ... maybe the new from corebook is false

Giovanni have been strike hard so that they have to ally with Hecata Brothers (Harbringer of Skulls if I remember a post from The Gentleman Gamer )

​Edit : The Gentleman Gamer I wasn't understanding your reference to Bennett, you could have tell clearly that I was messing name :'(
            The Neonate will hide like an ostrich to no die from this mistake
            Last edited by Faerl; 11-08-2018, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I believe in something like the division in Tremere clan. Like the clan of death with multiples factions

Comment

Maybe the Ravnos being restricted mostly to their ancestral stronghold means that more will be written about India's kindred ecosystem eventually

Comment

Let off some steam, Bennett.

Matthew Dawkins
                  In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                    Let off some steam, Bennett.
                    XD

Originally posted by Faerl View Post
                    Giovanni have been strike hard so that they have to ally with Hecata Brothers (Harbringer of Skulls if I remember a post from The Gentleman Gamer )
                    Unless there's something godly big and bad, clearly hunting them all, I don't think they will ally, not in the Kindred terms (i.e. Camarilla, Sabbat, Tal'mahe'Ra, Inconnu).
                    And beside, the Harbingers of Skulls have just exterminated a whole Giovanni bloodline...
                    (unless the Pisanob were actually a barther chip... )
                    Last edited by SalamanDer; 11-08-2018, 03:07 PM.

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

Originally posted by emmameta View Post
                      My suspicion is that the Ravnos won't be playable. I think they have generally gone the way of the Salubri, being super rare. As for the Giovanni, I'm really interested to see what they do with them. Before it was revealed that the Lasombra would appear in Chicago by Night, I wondered if perhaps the metaplot would reestablish the Lazarenes as the Clan of Death in the Sabbat book. But certainly with the number of fans the Giovanni have, that would be controversial (not that this edition has been controversy free or anything). So I say it's either that, or the Giovanni will appear alone in some other supplement ala Lasombra.

A Salubri Prince is mentioned in the Cam guide.. so....

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

A Salubri Prince is mentioned in the Cam guide.. so....
                        That doesn't mean they aren't rare. ;-) But actually, it would be kind of interesting to me if the Lazarenes replaced the Giovanni and the Salubri "replaced" the Ravnos. Everything old is new again.

Comment

The Hecata are mentioned in the V5 core book, as being kin the Giovanni joined after whatever-happened-to-them, and then they are invoked as "Clan Hecata" in the Camarilla book. There's zero mention of either the Giovanni or the Hecata in the Anarchs book...

Note that the above is kind of indicative of the hit-and-miss nature of V5's take on the whole vampire experience. That is, there's a LOT left unsaid, which makes those books great for players that get a ton of implications over FACTS (a-la Vampire: The Masquerade Revised Edition or V20), but it leaves a new Storyteller a little up-in-the-air. I'd love to see some kind of Storyteller resource, but saying as much here is not gonna make it happen, alas.

B.I.G. Bird spreads the word: Anybody with a heart votes love

Comment

Originally posted by emmameta View Post

That doesn't mean they aren't rare. ;-) But actually, it would be kind of interesting to me if the Lazarenes replaced the Giovanni and the Salubri "replaced" the Ravnos. Everything old is new again.

I don't think the Salubri are going to replace the Ravnos. Ravnos is mentioned fully in v5. You can even have some of his blood! Just that I think Salubri and Ravnos are intended to be playable in v5 just in the right book.

Hell the Drowned legacies are showing up already....

Comment

Originally posted by SalamanDer View Post
                              Unless there's something godly big and bad, clearly hunting them all, I don't think they will ally, not in the Kindred terms (i.e. Camarilla, Sabbat, Tal'mahe'Ra, Inconnu).
                              And beside, the Harbingers of Skulls have just exterminated a whole Giovanni bloodline...
                              (unless the Pisanob were actually a barther chip... )
                              SalamanDer I don't know for you, an Antedelivian that Augustus Giovanni did it respond to your definition of something godly big and bad, clearly hunting them all ?

For me it's yes, you are free to interpret like you wish

Comment

Working...
                              X