Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dreamed of Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

I seriously did.

The game started with you being embraced by a mysterious Kindred that leaves you abandoned in the streets. You are THE CAITIFF and everyone treats you with the appropriate amount of disdain, except you are ridiculously powerful for your age and state.

The setting was Chicago with the first area being Gary, Chicago and basically the opening story arc being DUST TO DUST where you have to choose between Modius and Juggler to get the location of the Prince of Chicago to meet because your sire told you to meet them (and dominated you into it).
    You also met Evelyn and Alicia who were rebelling against their sires.

Eventually, you get to Chicago and find Kevin Jackson is the Prince just in 5E and get involved in the usual politics of Anarch vs. Camarilla vs. Sabbat. Maldavis is waging a war against Jackson with Phillip Regard, Wendy, and Gordon Keaton as the Sabbat.

However, the ending of the game has it revealed you are MENELE'S CHILDE and actually 5th Generation.

Your final choices are:

* Help Menele kill Helena and get rewarded with him leaving you to go join the Inconnu
    * Help Helena kill Menele and her rewarding you with making you her right hand, rich, powerful, and Prince or Primogen (depending on whether you kill Jackson)
    * Leave them both to fight it out like in The Bard's Tale with Carey Elwes.

I am so disappointed this game doesn't exist.

What would your Bloodlines 2 be?

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

We are currently playing Bloodlines 2 with my group! They are a Sabbat group sent by their spanish archbishop with two missions : 1) Find and destroy the sarcophagus (this is actually the optional part of the mission, if they can't then they should just give their intel to Mexico) and 2) Find the former Prince of the city and, if he is still alive, bring him back to Europe.

The assumed ending is Camarilla, siding with Strauss, and the reason why the Archbishop wants Lacroix is because a powerful Ventrue defected to the Sabbat and he happens to be Lacroix's sire. When Lacroix stopped answering his letters, he sent a messenger who was sent back by Strauss without much intel, except Lacroix had betrayed the Camarilla. Now that he is Sabbat, f* the rules, he is going to know what happened to his child even if the whole city has to burn.

Once in LA, the group must pretend they are Anarchs in order to fit in, and can get no help from the local Sabbat. They quickly got on a friendly footing with Nines Rodriguez who, six years after, is the only one in the city still calling for Lacroix's blood, since the promised "fair trial" never happened and Rodriguez still believe Lacroix plotted with Ming Xiao to frame him. They are currently using Therese's hotels as havens.

Then they received a mysterious text giving them an adress as the "place to find Lacroix", from an unknown number (actually Jeanette who believes that bringing back Lacroix will create a difficult situation for Strauss and help her sister Therese make a bid to become prince). What Jeanette doesn't know is that Gary Goldman, who is aware Strauss made a Gargoyle, wants Strauss out and decided to steal the key to the sarcophagus to give it to the new comers and create conflict between Strauss and the Anarchs.

They rescued Lacroix (who, oddly, looked... more or less okay with being kept in prison by the Tremere), who happens to be batshit crazy and speaks like the Malkavian PC, except when he wakes him during the day. After they spoke with him and the Tremere who was guarding him, the PCs are starting to understand that the whole Bloodlines 1 thing may be the game of a very powerful malkavian methuselah having fun. The methuselah is actually the cab driver, who isn't Caine but a 4th generation malk.

Comment

Hey hey hey, part of your dreams just become true: Bloodlines 2 is announced. What I know by now: some of the developers from Bloodlines are back (Brian Mitsoda, Chris Avellone, Cara Ellison). Setting is Seattle and main character is a victim of mass embrace. Game will be FPP and will support mods. Some of the characters from first part will back (maybe some of signature characters also). Paradox Interactive will be the publisher and the game will be created by Hardsuit Labs. Date of release: about a year from now.

Warrior of the Rainbow
      Saint among the sinners
      Pure among the dirt
      Loser among winners

Comment

But you know what? I am 100% sure this will be the game I want.

HAVE WANTED.

For a decade.

This is Christmas in blood for me and it does look magnificent. Sexy, fun, and bloody.

They have my trust here.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I want something that is not too much of a do-over of the original Bloodlines.

Comment

And I hope that this project will not affect Werewolf: the Apocalypse Earthblood (I still like W:tA better). And that the riding will be determinuje by the choices you make during play and not by a single choice like in Bloodlines 1

Warrior of the Rainbow
            Saint among the sinners
            Pure among the dirt
            Loser among winners

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
              I seriously did.

The game started with you being embraced by a mysterious Kindred that leaves you abandoned in the streets. You are THE CAITIFF and everyone treats you with the appropriate amount of disdain, except you are ridiculously powerful for your age and state.

The setting was Chicago with the first area being Gary, Chicago and basically the opening story arc being DUST TO DUST where you have to choose between Modius and Juggler to get the location of the Prince of Chicago to meet because your sire told you to meet them (and dominated you into it).
              You also met Evelyn and Alicia who were rebelling against their sires.

Eventually, you get to Chicago and find Kevin Jackson is the Prince just in 5E and get involved in the usual politics of Anarch vs. Camarilla vs. Sabbat. Maldavis is waging a war against Jackson with Phillip Regard, Wendy, and Gordon Keaton as the Sabbat.

However, the ending of the game has it revealed you are MENELE'S CHILDE and actually 5th Generation.

Your final choices are:

* Help Menele kill Helena and get rewarded with him leaving you to go join the Inconnu
              * Help Helena kill Menele and her rewarding you with making you her right hand, rich, powerful, and Prince or Primogen (depending on whether you kill Jackson)
              * Leave them both to fight it out like in The Bard's Tale with Carey Elwes.

I am so disappointed this game doesn't exist.

What would your Bloodlines 2 be?

If I were to do a Bloodlines 2, I would set it in Chicago by Night BUT do it as a prequel more in line with V1 than V5 (mainly because I utterly hate and despise the setting changes V5 made) so Lodin would be Prince and not Kevin Jackson (though Jackson would be a major NPC in the game)

To satisfy the metaplot purists, I would explicitly set this game in the 1990's as a period piece so you can have all the cool stuff like the Ravnos and the Giovanni and none of that stupid V5 metaplot shit except possibly as DLC.

Gary would be the first area you start in, with other areas of Chicago being deeply detailed as well (I'd particularly love to see the Uptown neighborhood in the game) and Milwaukee as a possible story DLC location (similar to Point Lookout in Fallout 3)

The initial game would allow the player to create their own custom character belonging to the Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, and Ventrue.

There would be multiple endings based on certain choices.

Camarilla Ending 1: Menele triumphant, Lodin is deposed and Annabelle Triabell is the new Prince of Chicago, with the implication that she is merely a figurehead while a truce is signed with Maldavis and the Anarchs

Camarilla Ending 2: Helena triumphant, Lodin remain Prince and Maldavis and the Anarchs are crushed utterly

Anarch Ending 1: Menele triumphant, Maldavis now rules Chicago democratically while Lodin, Kevin Jackson, Ballard, and Sheriff having all met Final Death by the end of it

Anarch Ending 2: Helena triumphant, Maldavis and Lodin both meet Final Death and Juggler of all people is now the ruler of Chicago and proves to be even more of a despot than Lodin. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Anarch Ending 3: Same as Ending 1, except Son, Gordon Keaton, and Jacob Schumpter are also destroyed. Neon and Anita Wainright achieve Golconda, and Rebekah the Monitor invites the player character to join the Inconnu. This is the Golden Ending.

Sabbat Ending: Menele and Helena are both sent back to torpor. Lodin, Modius, Maldavis, Ballard, and Sheriff all meet Final Death while the Primogen Council is in utter disarray as the Sabbat take over the city, possibly with your character as a Bishop or Ductus.

Garou Ending: Helping the Garou take over Chicago and Milwaukee by eliminating all the leaders (Lodin, Maldavis, Helena, Menele, Modius, Juggler, as well as the leaders of Milwaukee and the local Sabbat) only to be rewarded with Final Death at the hands of an angry pack of Lupines. This is the worst ending.

DLC's would allow players to be part of the Sabbat and Independent Clans (and yes, I even intend to include the Ravnos and Giovanni, while using the better names of Assamites and Followers of Set instead of Banu Haqim and Ministry of Set, because fuck V5)

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                But you know what? I am 100% sure this will be the game I want.

HAVE WANTED.

For a decade.

This is Christmas in blood for me and it does look magnificent. Sexy, fun, and bloody.

They have my trust here.
                So get some money and preorder it.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                Saint among the sinners
                Pure among the dirt
                Loser among winners

Comment

If it was in my hands, I'd set the game somewhere more exotic. How does Kindred society in Venice look like? Cairo? Mumbai? Paris? Berlin? Madrid? London? Mexico City? The world doesn't have to revolve around the US all the time.

But then again I'd take Seattle over more familiar places like New York, Chicago or Los Angeles any time.
                  Last edited by Shawarbaaz; 03-23-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camilla View Post

If I were to do a Bloodlines 2, I would set it in Chicago by Night BUT do it as a prequel more in line with V1 than V5 (mainly because I utterly hate and despise the setting changes V5 made) so Lodin would be Prince and not Kevin Jackson (though Jackson would be a major NPC in the game)

To satisfy the metaplot purists, I would explicitly set this game in the 1990's as a period piece so you can have all the cool stuff like the Ravnos and the Giovanni and none of that stupid V5 metaplot shit except possibly as DLC.

Gary would be the first area you start in, with other areas of Chicago being deeply detailed as well (I'd particularly love to see the Uptown neighborhood in the game) and Milwaukee as a possible story DLC location (similar to Point Lookout in Fallout 3)

The initial game would allow the player to create their own custom character belonging to the Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, and Ventrue.

There would be multiple endings based on certain choices.

Camarilla Ending 1: Menele triumphant, Lodin is deposed and Annabelle Triabell is the new Prince of Chicago, with the implication that she is merely a figurehead while a truce is signed with Maldavis and the Anarchs

Camarilla Ending 2: Helena triumphant, Lodin remain Prince and Maldavis and the Anarchs are crushed utterly

Anarch Ending 1: Menele triumphant, Maldavis now rules Chicago democratically while Lodin, Kevin Jackson, Ballard, and Sheriff having all met Final Death by the end of it

Anarch Ending 2: Helena triumphant, Maldavis and Lodin both meet Final Death and Juggler of all people is now the ruler of Chicago and proves to be even more of a despot than Lodin. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Anarch Ending 3: Same as Ending 1, except Son, Gordon Keaton, and Jacob Schumpter are also destroyed. Neon and Anita Wainright achieve Golconda, and Rebekah the Monitor invites the player character to join the Inconnu. This is the Golden Ending.

Sabbat Ending: Menele and Helena are both sent back to torpor. Lodin, Modius, Maldavis, Ballard, and Sheriff all meet Final Death while the Primogen Council is in utter disarray as the Sabbat take over the city, possibly with your character as a Bishop or Ductus.

Garou Ending: Helping the Garou take over Chicago and Milwaukee by eliminating all the leaders (Lodin, Maldavis, Helena, Menele, Modius, Juggler, as well as the leaders of Milwaukee and the local Sabbat) only to be rewarded with Final Death at the hands of an angry pack of Lupines. This is the worst ending.

DLC's would allow players to be part of the Sabbat and Independent Clans (and yes, I even intend to include the Ravnos and Giovanni, while using the better names of Assamites and Followers of Set instead of Banu Haqim and Ministry of Set, because fuck V5)
                    So basically you just want to put an entire 1st edition metaplot in your version?

If I was to create Bloodlines 2 I would erase the flaw of Redemption and create an adventure that would take the character from Dark Ages to modern times (maybe to Gehenna; and not skip 800 years). The game would be expanded with DLCs as chapters (just like in Transylvania or Giovanni Chronicles). Metaplot would determine the endings (sometimes by disabling the saves to use in DLCs; p. ex. saving Capadocius is possible but only to discover that he is plain crazy and merge the Shadowlands and the Skinlands starting the Gehenna)
                    Last edited by Nail Eater; 03-24-2019, 08:17 PM.

Warrior of the Rainbow
                    Saint among the sinners
                    Pure among the dirt
                    Loser among winners

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post
                      If it was in my hands, I'd set the game somewhere more exotic. How does Kindred society in Venice look like? Cairo? Mumbai? Paris? Berlin? Madrid? London? Mexico City? The world doesn't have to revolve around the US all the time.

But then again I'd take Seattle over more familiar places like New York, Chicago or Los Angeles any time.
                      We can't do Istanbul because the Immortals exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post

In that case I propose Sosnowiec (Polish Bridgeport)

Warrior of the Rainbow
                        Saint among the sinners
                        Pure among the dirt
                        Loser among winners

Comment

Working...
                        X