Some help needed with character creation choices for a backup character.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Incarnate
    • Sep 2018

Some help needed with character creation choices for a backup character.

Hello everyone.

In the current campaign, there is moderate possibility that my character would end up in involuntary torpor, since it's a path follower it could potentially be out of the game for 50 years.
    So I think it's important enough to have a backup plan in the case this were to happen. We're using 2nd revised ed. rules. The year is 2010, and the campaign is set in in Texas by night and is heavily emphasized on camarilla play. Several members of the coterie currently have ties and "carreers" that is connected to the criminal underworld.

Currently I have a few ideas, some of which could be combined. Not really sure what clans would be the best fit, and obviously the clan choice would greatly be able to set and/or support the theme of the character. Currently some of the clans I've been considering so far have been; Brujah, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Giovanni, Tremere and Ventrue,where currently I'm currently thinking Malkavian or Giovanni.

The first idea is to create a military type of character, one who will be attempting to still uphold his station and rank within the army - if that could actually be possible, which also lead to some interesting questions, like are there other kindred in this situation, who and what clans are control in control of it, etc.

The second is a mafia style and theme character.

The third is catholic priest, who's been "inspired" through a vision about his faith after being embraced, where the character would be using his role as a priest to build an "inner circle" of trusted followers an so on.

I'm thinking it's actually possible to use most of it in one single character, but obviously something will have to go.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance
  • pang4
    • Feb 2018

Taking all of your ideas and rolling with them:

Horace was a regular young man, and was drafted to the army after high school. He left proud to serve his country, but came back a broken, distraught man. His faith in God was forever shaken.
    Not that he didn't believe God wasn't watching, but simply that God was too far away. He could not see any individual's plight, there were too many. He could not hear prayer for all the screaming.
    Horace was slowly drinking himself to death, when he was found by the hidden owner of his watering hole, a Malkavian styling herself as "Camilla the Collection". She found him, and heard his story. Again and again she heard it, soaking it in and living in his mind. Eventually she fell for the tragic man, and embraced him. She wanted his story immortal.
    The Embrace enhanced Horaces mind, as the blood of Malkav always does. He KNEW that God was too far away. How could he help any one of us? We are too small, too quiet, too short-lived to be noticed by the enormous perspective of God. Unless we stand out.
    Horace has since created a cult of personality around himself, using his military training, magnetic message and just a tiny bit of vitae. Half gangsters and half religious extremists, his followers are united under one creed: God is not watching.

Focus on Obfuscate and Dementation as disciplines.
    Focus on Skills.
    Focus on Physical or Social Attributes.
    Invest some backgrounds in Allies, Herd, Contacts and possibly Domain.

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

• Incarnate
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by pang4 View Post
      Taking all of your ideas and rolling with them:

Horace was a regular young man, and was drafted to the army after high school. He left proud to serve his country, but came back a broken, distraught man. His faith in God was forever shaken.
      Not that he didn't believe God wasn't watching, but simply that God was too far away. He could not see any individual's plight, there were too many. He could not hear prayer for all the screaming.
      Horace was slowly drinking himself to death, when he was found by the hidden owner of his watering hole, a Malkavian styling herself as "Camilla the Collection". She found him, and heard his story. Again and again she heard it, soaking it in and living in his mind. Eventually she fell for the tragic man, and embraced him. She wanted his story immortal.
      The Embrace enhanced Horaces mind, as the blood of Malkav always does. He KNEW that God was too far away. How could he help any one of us? We are too small, too quiet, too short-lived to be noticed by the enormous perspective of God. Unless we stand out.
      Horace has since created a cult of personality around himself, using his military training, magnetic message and just a tiny bit of vitae. Half gangsters and half religious extremists, his followers are united under one creed: God is not watching.

Focus on Obfuscate and Dementation as disciplines.
      Focus on Skills.
      Focus on Physical or Social Attributes.
      Invest some backgrounds in Allies, Herd, Contacts and possibly Domain.
      Thank you for your creative effort, it's definitely something like this I had in mind, with a few specifics being the variables, like for instance the clan.
      As mentioned before, I am currently between the Malkavian and the Giovanni, as both really would fit the themes well. However, if I were to go with Giovanni as clan, it would most likely change the story quite dramatically because of how they handle the "family". If I were to go with the Giovanni take, what and how would you suggest the story is changed? Speaking of story, would you say it would actually be possible to still remain in active duty somehow within the US army?

As for the military control I'm thinking it's under heavy Camarilla influence, I could be wrong but I think it makes pretty good sense.

Ps. Sorry for responding so late, but unfortunately a lot of personal stuff suddenly happened and I kind of forgot all about this post.

Comment

• Pnizzle
        • Oct 2017

Being still in isn’t possible because you’ll be bothered during the day time regardless even if you work in a bunker or not. They’ll find your dead body and that’s an instant masquerade breach.
        However the life connections could contribute to the influence background, access to retainers, and the useful knowledge merit. An elder would embrace them if he is valuable.
        Of your preferences Giovanni could do this. You can dominate commanders to do your bidding. You can then work with underworld crime by smuggling weapons and supplies. So that fits the motif to help the clan. The Camarilla would appreciate it by using your influence to enforce martial law, arrest masquerade leaks, and quarantine when you want to do it.

Comment

Working...