Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Necromancy,Obtenebration, Onlivion, Salubri and Capadocians...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting idea having different levels of depth!

So who fixes this warding seal? Earthly Forces or Angels.

Is the Week of Nightmares to extreme for you?

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

I know the severity of it is getting downplayed in V5, so trying to see how I want to reconcile that for my game. We have been playing since the Civil War with large jumps of down time. Right now the game is just a few days after the California Anarch revolt.

In the 1960s, an underground chamber is going to be discovered.... somehow... and within that chamber is a font of power that was helping to lock the seal. The local werewolves are going to want access to it to re-establish an ancient caern there. We will see who the vampires take to that idea.

As for who seals it, might be a joint effort, werewolves and possibly other shifters, the Tremere/Giovanni of the city, a mage or two. Depends on what allies the characters are able to establish over the next 40+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Oh so they don’t have the same starting options but could master the other list with the proper teachers, or they treat the other list as different discipline?
        I’m pretty sure “discipline list” is understood to mean the three disciplines that come naturally to a clan. The idea is that the Lasombra and the Hecata will not have the same three. It’s safe to say they will share Oblivion, at least.

I expect the Hecata will have Oblivion rituals and/or amalgam powers that are particular their lineage, in the sense that the Banu Haqim have their own take on Blood Sorcery, but which a Lasombra could technically learn under the right conditions.

Comment

Just curious why Oblivion is called Mortis. To my recollection, capadocius (urgh) Mortis had to do with (smelly and decaying) Zombie servants and how to rouse yourself from Torpor. It was the Giovanni (Augustus be blessed) who brought the (glorious) power of spirit necromancy into the now defuct (and rightfully so) Capadocian bloodline.

P.s. No I am not biased at all.

/Evelina

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Miss_ Serneholt View Post
            Just curious why Oblivion is called Mortis. To my recollection, capadocius (urgh) Mortis had to do with (smelly and decaying) Zombie servants and how to rouse yourself from Torpor. It was the Giovanni (Augustus be blessed) who brought the (glorious) power of spirit necromancy into the now defuct (and rightfully so) Capadocian bloodline.

/Evelina
            You're biased towards the truth, Evelina. The Cappadocians are worthless piles of dust. The Giovanni are not. Feels good being on the winning side, yes?

Malkavian Madness Forum - Your pbp fix. Be it nWoD, cWoD, CoC, D&D or something else entirely, come over here and get your game on

Comment

/Evelina
              There are many names listed for Oblivion including Mortis, Necromancy, Black Magic, etc. As for the Giovanni Necromancy, that's easily explained as they brought about the spiritual rituals we'll be seeing later on. The Cappadocians only had rituals relying on the physical corpse before so the Giovanni's reason is still maintained, it's just not a new path now (or Discipline as in the case of the original writeup of both groups)

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Comment

Looking through the disciplines in the core book as well as CbN, it's also apparent that they change through time. One of the Obfuscate powers now includes the capability to extend the effects of other powers through technology, an ability that would not have existed only a relative few decades in the past.

I think the idea that a discipline's powers are static and unchanging is something that has been abandoned in the new rules set. It is entirely possible that a Cappodocian in the middle ages would have a sheet that included Oblivion, and a Giovanni in the modern nights would have a sheet that included Oblivion, and neither of them would have the same powers. Possibly, due to the span of time and the development of powers and bloodlines, they may not even have access to the same powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Imthestein View Post
                  There are many names listed for Oblivion including Mortis, Necromancy, Black Magic, etc. As for the Giovanni Necromancy, that's easily explained as they brought about the spiritual rituals we'll be seeing later on. The Cappadocians only had rituals relying on the physical corpse before so the Giovanni's reason is still maintained, it's just not a new path now (or Discipline as in the case of the original writeup of both groups)

Nothing in the old Obtenebration dealt with Zombies or entropy of the physical body and nothing in Mortis dealt with Darkness or the Abyss. I am Ok with Obtenebration is called Necromancy but not Mortis. Mortis is the death of the physical body, not anythiong with the Wraith/spirit world.

Comment

Nothing in the old Obtenebration dealt with Zombies or entropy of the physical body and nothing in Mortis dealt with Darkness or the Abyss. I am Ok with Obtenebration is called Necromancy but not Mortis. Mortis is the death of the physical body, not anythiong with the Wraith/spirit world.
                    In fact, It's pretty much the reason that the mortal Giovanni bloodline became a Vampire bloodline; because they had powers that the Capadocians could not replicate with their Mortis/Mortuus path of Necromancy (Depending on edition)

Comment

The Hecata will be a reunion of Giovanni, Cappadocian and perhaps Samedi if I read other posts rightly, so the Hecata focused powers of Oblivion will likely reflect all of the necromantic heritage, both ephemeral ghost and physical decay

Comment

Working...
                      X