V5 Washington DC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 Washington DC?

Do we know anything about the state of DC in V5? Last I saw, Vitel was trying to turn it into a pseudo Free State in Beckett's Jyhad Diary

Remember that BJD is the setting up for the V5 Metaplot,so yeah,DC Is pretty much how it's described in that book

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Remember that BJD is the setting up for the V5 Metaplot,so yeah,DC Is pretty much how it's described in that book

Right but since then the Sabbat left.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Right but since then the Sabbat left.
        oh my mistake,i'll take a look at my books and seeif there's any mention of dc in them

Comment

It was mentioned in CbN5 in passing as the Empire of Washington DC

Comment

My view is it's "technically" an Anarch Free State that is about to become a Camarilla domain once the Lasombra become part of the Camarilla.

Everything would be coming up Vykos....except he's almost certainly now diablerizing vampires to stave off the Beckoning.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I'm prepping to run a V5 game in DC. My assumption is that the metro area is ground zero for the Second Inquisition, seeing as the US government would make it a top priority to protect itself from vampiric influence. Vampire-detecting cameras lining the beltway and throughout the metro system. Random searches of anyone out after midnight under the guise of preventing terrorism or gang activity. In my game the Sabbat will be quietly driven out in the beginning of SI's new war, leaving a vacuum of power for any vampire foolish enough to claim a domain. Of course, behind the scenes Marcus Vitel and Sascha Vykos duel one another for dominance.

Demon: The Fallen CoD/X20 Revamp
              Mage: The Ascension Arch-Spheres
              Mage: The Ascension CoD/X20 Revamp

Comment

I’m also about to start a V5 game in DC. I’m struggling to figure out the timeline of the Sabbat’s departure and Vitel’s reappearance. Also: I’m not sure how he thinks calling himself “Emperor” of DC - which is how the Chicago by Night V5 previews refer to him - is going to get Camarilla, Anarch, or even Sabbat Kindred/Cainites to buckle down and follow his rules.

Then there’s the issue of whether Theo Bell is still working for him in any capacity... Talley seems not to be, based on the CbN V5 previews. I’m going to have to go re-read that section of Beckett’s Jyhad Diary.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Storyteller’s Vault supplement Beckett’s Vampire Folio 3: Shadows Coalesce? Post-BJD, pre-V5.
                Last edited by Epimetreus; 11-29-2018, 01:44 PM. Reason: Typo fix.

Comment

Vitel is still in D.C. and may be on reasonable terms with the Second Inquisition.

Matthew Dawkins
                  In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

~Hapax Legomenon~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                    Vitel is still in D.C. and may be on reasonable terms with the Second Inquisition.
                    Now *that’s* an interesting tidbit. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
                      > Imperial Rome's vampire
                      > reasonable terms with the Second Inquisition

Oh, now we are getting on the hot stuff

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes

Comment

This is not quite thread necromancy, but something occurred to me this morning as I made my coffee.

According to the White Wolf wiki, Michael of Constantinople dwells inside Mary the Dark, after she diablerized him. This Michael-Mary apparently nurtures the reborn Dracon “…as the Tzimisce slowly heals, showing he can be the Father to the Dracon’s Son. A new Holy Spirit is required, however. Michael makes entreaties to Cainite philosophers in efforts to find a vampire who was destroyed and rose again. Michael will rebuild his Dream in Constantinople, or wherever he discovers his Holy Spirit.”

What if Michael and Dracon are now hanging around in D.C?

What if Vitel has found himself two “new” best friends?
                        Last edited by Grumpy RPG Reviews; 12-04-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Like the idea, but Vitel doesn't seem like much a philosopher. And not sure he'd share.

Demon: The Fallen CoD/X20 Revamp
                          Mage: The Ascension Arch-Spheres
                          Mage: The Ascension CoD/X20 Revamp

Comment

Originally posted by moogle001 View Post
                            Like the idea, but Vitel doesn't seem like much a philosopher. And not sure he'd share.
                            That any of the vampires share at all it remarkable. But even if the plot doesn't work long term, the idea of those three ancient vampires working together is striking to me as a player, and should be frightening to PCs.

Comment

Assuming Vykos and the Sabbat are gone: when did they leave?
                              Is it a mistake to assume they’re entirely gone?

Comment

Working...
                              X