Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Antes and their knowledge of the Tellurian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for giving the traits of these Methuselahs. I have forgotten just how high the trait ratings of these Vampires are.
    The traits of Al-Aswad you gave are from the Nephandi victory scenario from the M:tA book "Ascension" . Thus I think they shouldn't be considered. His regular traits are on the White Wolf Wiki ; they are specific and sensible.

The fact that Methuselahs have so many traits at 8 and 9 means it's hard to represent the excellence and experience of the 3rd Generation Vampires. ( I don't want to go to trait ratings of 10 except for a few traits at most for each 3rd Generation Vampire ; I think trait ratings of 10 should be extremely rare. ) Within the WoD system maybe Merits would be more appropriate.

I do wonder, when considering individuals as capable as the Vampires of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Generations, as to just how different their approaches and capabilities are within what is summed on the character sheet as just a very high number. With such persons, writers should at least specify in parantheses next to a trait the principal focus / orientation of a particular trait.
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-08-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Later Whitewolf were more sensible with Trait dispersal. Vampire was one of the worst, But Exalted say up to 2nd edition keenly remembered that intelligence 5 was still a genius.

I’d have Antes have some favored traits up to 10, but I wouldn’t give them all 8 and 9s.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Later Whitewolf were more sensible with Trait dispersal. Vampire was one of the worst, But Exalted say up to 2nd edition keenly remembered that intelligence 5 was still a genius.

I’d have Antes have some favored traits up to 10, but I wouldn’t give them all 8 and 9s.
        Good point about Intelligence 5 indicating very considerable capabilities. Though I think that Intelligence 6 and 7 indicate capabilities greater by many factors ; and 8 and 9 represent vastly greater and wider intellectual and reasoning capabilities.

I am thinking that a Trait at 10 should really do something that could be considered to be outright legendary. In mechanical terms, feats like : allowing to roll two separate dice pools, and pick which one counts, representing how the character can achieve a smaller result if she ( or he ) prefers it ; and also the excellence of the person in regard to the Trait, as she has twice the chances of succeeding. Once per a period of time succeeding automatically in an action with the entire dice pool being successful. Turning failures into successes on first roll involving a particular Trait during each scene. Particular Traits could each at a rating of 10 have more specific benefits.

I think that 3rd Generation Vampires should have at least 6 ( or maybe 7 ) in all Traits that they are ( or have been ) actively using at least a bit.
        Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-09-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Lasombra might have a higher spirit knowledge than upon initial inspection, if memory serves he spent a great deal of time walking the sea floor. Based on what we know of the earths oceans and the current theories as to the possibilities of underground oceans far larger that what we currently have on the surface, there is a ton of possibilities for access to primordial spirits or the different realms.

Comment

Working...
          X