Why i like V5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post

I guess that depends on what Caine really IS. Is he fundamentally truly a vampire? If so, then what is his humanity at? How has he not gone wight in all this time? If he's something else, something with a fundamentally more mythic psychology than a vampire, then what IS that psychology? Is he a Jesus type? An anti-Jesus? A god who embodies some principle the way the gods used to embody war, family, death, etc?

I actually think this bored guy acting out of bemusement is the least likely answer. A vampire with such mundane motives would have gone wight by now. His mere survival as a sentient being capable of polite conversation after all this time implies he is something beyond that, but exactly what is utterly vague.

My new headcanon: Caine IS the Beast. The malevolent force that urges all kindred to acts of destructive outbursts. The entity known as Caine that created the second generation was merely a vessel to house the spirit of murder that God turned him into.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
      I actually think this bored guy acting out of bemusement is the least likely answer. A vampire with such mundane motives would have gone wight by now. His mere survival as a sentient being capable of polite conversation after all this time implies he is something beyond that, but exactly what is utterly vague.
      I think that there are no strict requirements for a Vampire to keep her or his sanity throughout the years, no matter how many pass. There are Mages who have lived for millenias, and they aren't described as being unapproachable or unrelatable ( they are this to an extent, but it does not define or limit them ) .
      I like very much the idea that Caine - and other very old Vampires - have perspectives, outlooks, and approaches that are to an extent unique and hard to comprehend ; but I don't see how this would be exclusive in regard to a person having more mundane motive, ideals, and goals.

Comment

Working...
      X