Drowned Legacies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLastSane1 View Post
    Its possible that Caine is just a lot older than we thought. I mean the First and Second cities were hard to place in a timeline but some are saying no older than 10,000. We have found baby remains as old as 11,000 in the americas. So maybe Caine is just the name we know him as but he is far older than that. Maybe thats just a name we know him as but was never his true name. Perhaps like the Tremere or Nagaraja he was an ancient mage and vamped himself. Maybe he was cursed by god, or a demon with vampiric powers.

The Drowned Legacies could easily be a sibling set to our Kindred whos origin just never got recorded, if they followed the mortals into the new landmasses maybe they where all thought to have met final death by the time the Ante's were sired, or just forgotten about by everyone who wrote them off so long ago there is noone active with a living memory of them.

Then we basically have to throw out everything "Caine" like. Unless we are going to go with an idea that 1000 BCE jews had some vampire explain prehistory to them. I mean the baby remains are special because they are DNA of a completely lost lineage, we've found remains up to 15k years old and some estimates based on genetic mapping may have had the pre New world ancestors cut off from the rest of the human population 36k Years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chipotlechris View Post
      Having read over the Drowned Legacy description on the Wikia, i'm not inclined to say that Nerissa fits in with any in particular, and the Baykok and Mishipshu you mention above, i've not heard of before, but nothing in the physical description sounds like Nerissa. She also has no Protean or powers associated with Death. However the Mishepshu seems an interesting fit because of the 'underwater panther' comment. Also, the Algonquin were Canadian Natives (according to t'internet) which adjoins the Great lakes.
      In terms of how they look, well, maybe they can control or disguise that - I doubt the Cipactli always looked like crocodiles or someone would have noticed. Also, there maybe be more than one Legacy is Chicago, with Nerissa being one and the creatures buried under the Mason building another. Perhaps she is Mishipshu, and they are Baykok.

Originally posted by SalamanDer View Post
      I got late to join the Chicago wagon (RL's been kind of taxing lately), Baykok and Mishipeshu are the actual names used?
      No, I am just speculating. The Drowned Legacies of South America are named after the real-world legends and folklore of Native Americans. So, I was looking for a suitable name for a Drowned Legacy near Chicago. That brought me to the legends of the Algonquin.

This is all just fan speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
        No, I am just speculating. The Drowned Legacies of South America are named after the real-world legends and folklore of Native Americans. So, I was looking for a suitable name for a Drowned Legacy near Chicago. That brought me to the legends of the Algonquin.

This is all just fan speculation.
        Understood
        I did got a bit overexcited for some reasons
        Thank you for your time :P

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes
        Fingers of the Eldest: Bogatyri

Comment

Working...
        X