Need Help Designing Dragon Discipline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Designing Dragon Discipline

I'm writing up a new bloodline for an upcoming chronicle set in British Columbia. While the immense writeup on BC as a whole will take awhile, I'm adding a unique NPC who may teach his discipline.

To make a long story short, he's a solitary Lasombra who cared nothing for politics and became a hunter of supernaturals, eventually defeating a fallen dragon alongside an archmage, a werewolf prime, and a human of renown (no powers, just ballsy and lucky).

The dragon had regeneration that was too strong to kill it, so que epic ritual, throw in a few MacGuffins, etc, and the end result is a new dragon-related bloodline from binding said dragon to immortal vampire.

Dragons in my world use a mix of Gnosis, Quintessence, and Glamour, and is typically aligned with either the Weaver, Wyld, or Wyrm. This one in particular had a bad run-in with an Earthbound, and was insane.

I know I want his 2nd level power to be akin to Dragonfear, and the 5th to turn into a dragon, but the rest I'm struggling to make unique without being too unbalancing.

Ideas?

I'd honestly just steal demon shintai.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Demon_Shintai

Limit the features to "Dragon" ones.

Then let someone build theirown dragon form.

Comment

Just for the record, I think it is a crying shame you're giving this discipline to a Lasombra, and not a Tzimisce. You know, a Dracul. Child of the Dragon.

Writing a longer suggestion on the discipline abilities , but right but right now I'm on the phone.

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
        I'd honestly just steal demon shintai.

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Demon_Shintai

Limit the features to "Dragon" ones.

Then let someone build theirown dragon form.
        what he said, also for the "Dragon" form you can use the Mokolé features

MurgianSwordsman are you Apulian?

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes
        Fingers of the Eldest: Bogatyri

Comment

Fortitude for Dragon Scales, Reptile themed Protean or Serpentis, and Potence!

I’ve made a dragon bloodline but it was more along the lines of the Blue Dragon of the North Qinglong so different flavor.

But good onya mate I like the flavor of this. At first I was thinking of the story of Sutekh Diablerizing Apep and gaining Serpentis from the ordeal.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
            Fortitude for Dragon Scales, Reptile themed Protean or Serpentis, and Potence!

I’ve made a dragon bloodline but it was more along the lines of the Blue Dragon of the North Qinglong so different flavor.

But good onya mate I like the flavor of this. At first I was thinking of the story of Sutekh Diablerizing Apep and gaining Serpentis from the ordeal.

HOnestly Serpentis by itself would be pretty good since there's a strong connection between snakes and dragons in myth.

Especially if you use DA version

Enchanting vision-eyes of the dragon

Typhonic Maw-mouth of the dragon

Serpents flesh-dragon scales

Typhonic avatar-easily a small land bound dragon or dragon man

mother of monsters-create your own kobalds!

Comment

@Lian Demon Shintai form actually works well for the level 5 ability. I had not looked into Eastern stuff quite yet, although it was needed for Vancouver. Serpentis would be good as well for a base.

pang4 I thought iniyially of the Tzimitze too, but I realized a more likely candidate was a character from a previous chronicle set in the Dark Ages (our games tend to be in the same world, regardless of the storyteller)

SalamanDer I'll look into Mokolé. As for origin, I'm Canadian actually.

Eldagusto While I did think of using a mixture of disciplines, I also didn't want to make a jack of all trades thing either, as it risks either making other powers redundant or I need to figure out what stacks. Some of this still works though.

Comment

Originally posted by MurgianSwordsman View Post
                @Lian Demon Shintai form actually works well for the level 5 ability. I had not looked into Eastern stuff quite yet, although it was needed for Vancouver. Serpentis would be good as well for a base.
                Protean 8 gives mythic form which should in my mind make a better dragon than this at level 5 since you know its 5th gen's trump card.

3 strength, 2 dex, 4 stamina

4 levels of armor.

Flight

+3 bonus to claws/bite

Blast people with fire as fi you had level 5 lure of flames.

Shintai would trying to build this:

Str 2, Dex 2, stamina 1

Armor-equivalent
                Flight-equivalent
                Fire-yes assuming using mokole stuff.
                Bonus to attack-yes same

You'd have one left over.

My suggestion would be you have a full dragon form that lets you manifest all the buffs but you can manifest particular features independently as different level.

Comment

Originally posted by MurgianSwordsman View Post
                  SalamanDer I'll look into Mokolé. As for origin, I'm Canadian actually..
                  just for reference, "Murgia" is a high hills range at 30 or 40 kilometers from where I live

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes
                  Fingers of the Eldest: Bogatyri

Comment

Working...
                  X