Tzimisce and Kupala

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    I think that it is a shame that Christanity - or is it just the majority of Christians ? - takes monotheism so literally and seriously. This religion and faith does have some elements, motifs, and ideas which I think are noteworthy and interesting, but I think that what really harmstrings and devalues Christainity is it's strict monotheism, and how it is so underlined and prevalent.
    I don’t necessarily disagree, but it interesting how orthodox forms of Christianity still cheat a bit with the veneration of saints who help you with this and that, if you say the right prayers, and a few of whom actually were gods originally. In Christian thought it’s not really “worship,” because it’s rationalized within a monotheistic context, but from a pagan perspective that would be a distinction without a difference.

A lot of orthodox Christian practice preserves these little bits of classical Greco-Roman religion but changes the context. But that context matters, and the different way of thinking about religion makes it hard to understand other perspectives. Similarly, most ancient pagans had a hard time understanding the Christian way of thinking; using the same words doesn’t mean you mean the same things by them.

Comment

Not to mention that Christianity borrowed the obsession with trinities from Roman paganism. Christian "monotheism" is actually trinityism.

Comment

Christianity has more inconsistency and hypocrisy than the Sabbat, in both matters of faith as well as practice.
        But so do most religions.

Comment

Working...
        X