Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your Relationship Map

Hi guys,

I'm interested in starting a game and I'm in the process of pulling some players together. I like the idea of the relationship map and I am very interested in seeing how other groups have done it. Please post a picture of your current or starting relationship map.

Thanks

This sounds like a very personal thing to be asking strangers!

Comment

Okay so that's a very simplified version of our current campaign relationship chart. Because there's like 10% of the NPCs showing up here, but at least you can see that some PCs are one step away from knowing an Antediluvian personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalendeer View Post
        Okay so that's a very simplified version of our current campaign relationship chart. Because there's like 10% of the NPCs showing up here, but at least you can see that some PCs are one step away from knowing an Antediluvian personally.
        This is really cool. Do you find this to be useful in your game? Or do you rarely break it out?

Comment

Originally posted by silverborne View Post
          This is really cool. Do you find this to be useful in your game? Or do you rarely break it out?
          I actually made this one for this thread, and did another one centered around the Camarilla PC's. I'll post it there eventually (but this time tinypic won't forcefully resize it, it's hard to read here -_-). It's actually the result of months of playing on this campaign, with one Camarilla group, one Sabbat group, and the Dark Age group that turned into ancients.

None of this was actually planned. Just one exemple : one of the PC's (Cesare Sforza) being friend with Sebastian Lacroix from Bloodlines is a very new thing. We were working on Cesare's background and how he met Roland de Montmajour (who taught him the Path of Entelechy and helped him make his transition between the Sabbat and the Camarilla) and I needed some Random American Archon. The only one I had ready to use was Lacroix since I wrote in his background for a Sabbat scenario that he had been a High Justice archon from 1930 to the point when he took Los Angeles. The characters actually got along really well, so at the end of the Sabbat scenario, when the local Nosferatu helped Lacroix escape the local Archbishop just to piss him off, naturaly he went back to his friend for help and protection.

And then Cesare's player botched her Dominate roll to try to see if the Archbishop had put some lousy suggestions in his friend's mind, and catched them all (yay sometimes Dominate is just like some really lousy IST).

The Archbishop and Cesare weren't supposed to meet until much much lated, as this Archbishop is supposed to be one of the big players who will create the alliance that will bring down Saulot, but hey, botches are a great way to surprise even the storyteller.

Comment

Dude, what program did you use to make this? It looks great.
            Last edited by Chesh; 12-19-2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesh View Post

Dude, what program did you use to make this? It looks great.
              Xmind for free!

Comment

Well I never went into the whole graphical side of it, but my TC Tremere's relationships to the other PC's:

Assamite PC > Point and laugh (despite numerous surreptitious attempts to Starscream my ass, he never figured out I'd secret a bloodstone on his person at the start of each story and therefore knew exactly where he was at all times)

Brujah PC > Blood buff (PoB 2) and throw at enemies (with MotM)

Gangrel PC > Lolcow (he developed a habit of KoS'ing my PC's servitors early on starting with the Gargoyle, my PC found it hilarious since he at least had the good sense to not fuck with the cat)

Lasombra PC > Not food

Setite PC > Student (my PC was such a full-on psychopath the Setite looked to him as an exemplar for Theophidianism despite my character not actually being on the Path of Typhon)

Ventrue PC > Food
                Last edited by Theodrim; 12-19-2018, 11:42 PM.

Comment

That seems like a good way to go about it. I'd have to consult our ST to make any decent graphic with all the various, wonderful NPCs she has, but I'd rather not spoil their inner workings for myself. Instead, here's a map of my PC's relationships to the other PCs and primary NPCs she interacts with, and some of their relationships to each other: https://i.imgur.com/JNZWgvk.jpg
                  Last edited by Chesh; 12-20-2018, 02:58 PM. Reason: Edited to add in her sire. He's probably kind of important, too.

Comment

This is how I made one of mine.

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                      What are you using to make this ? The visual is really cool !

Comment

What are you using to make this ? The visual is really cool !
                        Photoshop, then basically just copy-pasting stuff around. It looks fancy but is much easier than it looks.

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Comment

For those interested in a free online tool to do this go to draw.io - it's really rather good:

[I'd show a picture here if I could upload one]

Comment

Originally posted by Dogstar View Post
                            For those interested in a free online tool to do this go to draw.io - it's really rather good:
                            Any other free drawing sites or programs that you would recommend ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
                              Any other free drawing sites or programs that you would recommend ?
                              Nope, draw.io is the bees knees

Comment

Working...
                              X