Tzimisce and Giovanni in V5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tzimisce and Giovanni in V5

So the Lesombra have been... neutered to make them acceptable for V5.

How do you suppose the Tzimisce and Giovanni will be fixed, as it were, to make them acceptable for V5?

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
    If you call being in a very good position to take over the Camarilla in 50 years and running scared from their Antediluvian, then yes.

How do you suppose the Tzimisce and Giovanni will be fixed, as it were, to make them acceptable for V5?
    I think the Giovanni are merging with the Samedi and Cappadochians since they had their leadership wiped out by the Second Inquisition. I fully expect Augustus to have been diablerized by Lazarus.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Maybe Cappadocius is back in the body of Uncle Augie and is calling his wayward clan back and demanding their undying loyalty.

That could get ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

What are these standards of being 'acceptable' for V5 ? I am aware of no Clan having a unique Discipline that only they have, and the new Clan Compulsions ; is there anything else ?
        Last edited by Muad'Dib; 12-15-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

The playable Lasombra have had their banes/clan weaknesses expanded, they have lost their power base in the Sabbat, and Obtenebration has been reshaped and redefined.

How will, by comparison, will the Tzimisce and the Giovanni fair? How might their disciplines, clan structure, temporal power and the like be changed for V5?

Comment

I am hoping that the Tzims get brought more inline with the Necroscope Wamphyri that inspired them. Which is to say, that Viccisitude becomes more of a prep-time monster-creator, and loses its ability to melt people in direct combat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wilson View Post
              Maybe Cappadocius is back in the body of Uncle Augie and is calling his wayward clan back and demanding their undying loyalty.

That could get ugly.
              Sounds like the Giovanni/Cappadocians are poised to become to new Tremere. I wonder if he'd use blood or necromancy to enforce that undying loyalty.

Comment

I think Vicissitude will become an Amalgam Discipline of Protean and Blood Sorcery.

The Tzimisce will have the Disciplines of Animalism, Blood Sorcery, and Protean.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Chesh View Post

Sounds like the Giovanni/Cappadocians are poised to become to new Tremere. I wonder if he'd use blood or necromancy to enforce that undying loyalty.

They are now called the "Hecata". So the new Giovanni are not going to have the same discipline spread but they will use Oblivion as their base discipline with more of a focus on necromantic rituals while Lasombra use the discipline for brute force.
                  Last edited by Wissenschaft; 12-15-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wilson View Post

That could get ugly.
                    Well, there are Samedi and Harbingers of Skulls involved, so yeah, "ugly" is definitely on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post

Well, there are Samedi and Harbingers of Skulls involved, so yeah, "ugly" is definitely on the table.
                      No bones about it.

I suspect Cappadocius being in the body of Uncle Augie would be too close to Tremere and Saulot. And it would also contradict established lore about what happened to the soul of Cappadocius.

Comment

I hope that the Old Clan Tzimisce will be included in V5. Maybe some of them could join the Camarilla ?

Comment

Maybe some of them could join the Camarilla ?
                          The Old Clan gave the finger to the Sabbat back then, to rule their lands as they always had (with some sacrifice, but frankly, minor inconveniences). Most of them would do the same with the Camarilla, I suppose. After all, if the title "Lord of his domain" can be bestowed to one lineage, it's to them ^^

Comment

The reason I started this thread is to encourage fans and players to speculate about how the Giovanni and Tzimisce may be made playable in V5 - or at least playable in the same way the Settites (now the Ministry) and the Lesombra are playable. So, Vicissitude will be scaled back. But at the same time if some Lasombra come to the Camarilla (hat in hand, so to speak) then maybe at least Old Clan Tzimisce will as well. Maybe some of them have been driven from their old havens and territories by the Second Inquisition (which is going to knock down the old castle and install a play ground for children).

Comment

Originally posted by Darthpalpy View Post
                              The Old Clan gave the finger to the Sabbat back then, to rule their lands as they always had (with some sacrifice, but frankly, minor inconveniences). Most of them would do the same with the Camarilla, I suppose. After all, if the title "Lord of his domain" can be bestowed to one lineage, it's to them ^^
                              Maybe all it takes is inviting the Old Clan Tzimisce in a nice(er) way than the Sabbat did ? And/or offering some very distinct and substantial benefits to them as part of membership in the Camarilla.
                              By the way, is the Tal'Mahe'Ra mentioned at all in V5 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X