X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of worldofdarkness.com

I received this email:

Dear White Wolf Customer,
    Thank you for being a subscriber to the White Wolf online book reader service. It has been a great privilege to share with you so many of the books that are part of the rich World of Darkness history!
    We regret to inform you that, due to internal changes at White Wolf, the subscription service will be terminated on Thursday, 20 December, along with the worldofdarkness.com website. After 20 December you will no longer be able to access the service, and you will receive a full refund for any fees you have paid for as follows:
    Example with Annual Subscription: if you paid for an annual subscription and have used only 5 months of the service, you will receive a full refund for the unused 7 months.
    Example with Monthly Subscription: if you paid for a monthly subscription you will receive a full refund for this month.
    Refunds will be issued in the first quarter of 2019.
    Why is this happening?
    On 16 November, White Wolf announced that it is starting a period of restructuring. It will be integrated directly into Paradox Interactive, and under temporary management during this process. We are recruiting new leadership to guide White Wolf both creatively and commercially into the future, a process that has been ongoing since September.
    Going forward, White Wolf will focus on brand management. This means White Wolf will develop the guiding principles for its vision of the World of Darkness, and give licensees the tools they need to create new, excellent products in this story world. White Wolf will no longer develop and publish these products internally. This has always been the intended goal for White Wolf as a company, and it is now time to enact it.
    Closing the online book subscriptions and worldofdarkness.com is part of this restructuring and refocusing process. We deeply regret this inconvenience to you, and the very short notice.
    If you have any questions or comments about this, we welcome them at info@white-wolf.com
    Thank you and Best Regards,
    White Wolf

What you guys think about?

A pretty minor step in a larger restructure. Nothing to be concerned about.

Matthew Dawkins
    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

I hope some equivalent will be created. The subscription and the troupe\games\characters system was very interisting.

Comment

NVM, found the e-mail, such a shame, and hope there will be an new incarnation of the site and its capabilities.
        Last edited by SarcasticJazzHands; 12-20-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I've been doing book reviews for Mage and have felt more and more like a fool for spending $300 on DTRPG over the last few months when that would have gotten me 5 years of rentals. Now my choice is retroactively justified!

Comment

uhm, well that sucks our entire WoD LARP uses that sight. Time to get the word out so people can get their characters off before the server goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyCuriosity View Post
              I've been doing book reviews for Mage and have felt more and more like a fool for spending $300 on DTRPG over the last few months when that would have gotten me 5 years of rentals. Now my choice is retroactively justified!
              Just by the way: Once you've got a track record of reviews you can point towards, many publishers tend to give out free copies when asked, sometimes hardcopy, sometimes pdf. As part of a review site for a large German RPG, I think I've got somewhere north of 1000 € worth of review material on my hard drive that accumulated over the past years.
              Last edited by Cifer; 12-20-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                Just by the way: Once you've got a track record of reviews you can point towards, many publishers tend to give out free copies when asked, sometimes hardcopy, sometimes pdf. As part of a review site for a large German RPG, I think I've got somewhere north of 1000 € worth of review material on my hard drive that accumulated over the past years.
                Huh, wonderful. Thanks!

Comment

It still seems to be up and my subscription is still there. We got our characters off. I wonder if they are just going to let it sit?

Currently don’t trust that it will stay but who knows.

Comment

And then there's this, from Modiphius.

V5 Players Guide sounds very encouraging.

Comment

Hopefully Q1 means January and not March for the refunds

"I am a prophet. I bring chaos and unrest to the foolish and wicked. I am no fit prince for Cainites, and I am no fit shepherd for the souls of men."

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post

I hope that "V5 Player's Guide" will have primarily information about the setting ( including parts of the setting not changed at all in V5 ), rather than information about changes to the setting.
                        Last edited by Muad'Dib; 12-23-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post

Glad to see more V5 books in the works. and the link suggests Modiphius will be working with Onyxpath and other licensees too . Perhaps the Players Guide and the Fall of London will be good vehicles for introducing Ravnos or Hecata, as info about both would be a fun (and oft requested) addition to setting info for players. (I'm betting there will be a Sabbat book at some point with the Tzimisce).
                          Last edited by Robert D; 12-24-2018, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert D View Post
                            (...) Perhaps the Players Guide and the Fall of London will be good vehicles for introducing Ravnos or Hecata, as info about both would be a fun (and oft requested) addition to setting info for players. (I'm betting there will be a Sabbat book at some point with the Tzimisce).
                            I hope that the writers will decide to include some of the Bloodlines in the upcoming V5 books.

Comment

I'm also hoping we'll get some more info on ghouls, especially Revenants The delightful pickle that revenants, ghouls able to produce their own limited vitae, could represent to vampires always intrigued me.

Comment

Working...
                              X