Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert D View Post
    I'm also hoping we'll get some more info on ghouls, especially Revenants
    Revenants should definitely be a priority in regard to being included in V5, especially considering that the V20 "Ghouls and Revenants" contains additional developments and information in regard to the Revanant Families. I always thought that there should have been more written about Revenants in V:tM.

Comment

First thing to do with the Revenants: change their mindbogglingly stupid name.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
        First thing to do with the Revenants: change their mindbogglingly stupid name.
        I can see it getting changed, but I don't think it is mindbogglingly stupid. It does put across how much apart from mundane humans Revenants are. Do you have any idea(s) for another name for them ?
        Last edited by Muad'Dib; 12-25-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Just ghoul-families is fine imo.

Comment

I think that it would have to be a more distinct name. Even if one puts aside the particular characteristics that set Revenants apart from Ghouls, then I think the fact that Revenants are, to an extent, set up separately / independently from Vampires justifies them having a name that is more specific.

Comment

The complaint isn’t that they don’t merit a name, but that the name given to them means something entirely different. You wouldn’t call them “mummies,” for example.

Comment

um...no, I'd rather keep Revenant, which is cooler

how about homunculus/homunculi

-

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

um...no, I'd rather keep Revenant, which is cooler

how about homunculus/homunculi
                  This name has too much association with artificial creation ; and I think that how it sounds is not fitting.
                  Strigas ( singular Striga ) or Strigoi ( could be Strigois so that the singular and plural is not the same ) was mentioned before on these forums. I don't think the name is used in World of Darkness. I think that it fits and sounds good enough, and the Romania / Eastern Europe connotation is appropriate in regard to many Revenant Families ( including the most prominent ones associated with Sabbat Vampires ) . Though I think that Revenants as a name is much better.

Comment

Working...
                  X