X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 Players guide annouced

Modiphius announcement:

V5 Players Guide
    (Summer 2019) – A guide to playing different styles of Vampire: The Masquerade to help you play the way YOU want to play, from gritty street level drama to romantic blood opera, complete with advice, new rules, and guidance on using the 5th Edition system to play previous editions of Vampire..

This should be interesting. A more in depth guide and probably expanding upon the ideas of the Vampire Translation guide.

I'm keen to see this. Maybe we'll get some options for Hunger/Blood.

Comment

Possibly the place for Ravnos, Hecta and Tzimice?

Find my Homebrew so far here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
      So far its Demon Merits, Vampire 1e to 2e ports and a Knowledge collection mechanic for the Ordo Dracul!

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe
        I'm keen to see this. Maybe we'll get some options for Hunger/Blood.
        Same here. Also applying those mechanics to 1st edition or Dark Ages games.
        Originally posted by LordofIron View Post
        Possibly the place for Ravnos, Hecta and Tzimice?
        I can totally see that. Should be interesting stuff.

Comment

It might include the Banu Haqim and Ministry too if the whole business with the Camarilla and Anarchs has soured them on the two.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
            It might include the Banu Haqim and Ministry too if the whole business with the Camarilla and Anarchs has soured them on the two.
            I would see more the idea of the rest of those clans. The Banu Haqim that didn't join the Camarilla, or the still independent Ministry members.

Comment

I'll copy it from the other thread, for convenience's sake:

- Alternatives for Touchstones.
              - A less overbearing version of Hunger. Not as much as in the sense of harshness, but in the sense of omnipresence in every roll.
              - An actual combat system with more depth and tactical choices and more "simulation" for those who enjoy that aspect (would be a good forerun for W5 as well). Sensibly working armor, maneuvers, styles, separate attack and defense and such. Not on the level of PF, or SR, but at least on the level of the old system (in depth, not in unnecessary rolls and such).
              - Rules to play elders and more high-powered characters.
              - Rules for the Beckoning and how characters could stave it off.
              - Expanded Blood Sorcery.

Just the top of my head, the things I'd like to see the most in it, to make this edition work for me, at least mechanically.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

I hope for the last 3 clans, but, as long as the focus will be on newly embraced vampires, I would'nt hold my breath for any elder-level stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Asimar View Post
                  I hope for the last 3 clans, but, as long as the focus will be on newly embraced vampires, I would'nt hold my breath for any elder-level stuff.
                  I'd give about even odds. On the one hand side, "playing elders" would certainly fall under "different playstyles", on the other hand, I don't think there's enough published stuff out there for them to build upon.

Other than that: Oh hey, look at that! System adaptations for different playstyles. Almost as if the designers were not set on their One True Way of playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                    Oh hey, look at that! System adaptations for different playstyles. Almost as if the designers were not set on their One True Way of playing.
                    Who knows?, perhaps they heard the complaints of a lot of people and decided to act upon them.
                    We will see.
                    Last edited by Aleph; 12-21-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PMárk View Post
                      I'll copy it from the other thread, for convenience's sake:

- Alternatives for Touchstones.
                      - A less overbearing version of Hunger. Not as much as in the sense of harshness, but in the sense of omnipresence in every roll.
                      - An actual combat system with more depth and tactical choices and more "simulation" for those who enjoy that aspect (would be a good forerun for W5 as well). Sensibly working armor, maneuvers, styles, separate attack and defense and such. Not on the level of PF, or SR, but at least on the level of the old system (in depth, not in unnecessary rolls and such).
                      - Rules to play elders and more high-powered characters.
                      - Rules for the Beckoning and how characters could stave it off.
                      - Expanded Blood Sorcery.

Just the top of my head, the things I'd like to see the most in it, to make this edition work for me, at least mechanically.
                      Everything but the more Blood Sorcery is right on point with what I want. Especially the top three.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
                        Who knows?, perhaps they heard the complaints of a lot of people and decided to act upon them.
                        We will see.
                        First, I doubt we'll actually see – by now, the current PR firestorm is that intense that I wouldn't really trust even an explicit statement either saying they "planned this all along (and we should have trusted them)" or that they've "listened to our concerns and added this stuff".
                        That being said, remember that the prior game of Kenneth Hite was Night's Black Agents, which included system modifications for four alternative genres and their combinations in the core book. Going from there to One True Way seems… unlikely.

Comment

First, I doubt we'll actually see – by now, the current PR firestorm is that intense that I wouldn't really trust even an explicit statement either saying they "planned this all along (and we should have trusted them)" or that they've "listened to our concerns and added this stuff".
                          What 'PR firestorm' ? Could you give some links in regard to this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
                            What 'PR firestorm' ? Could you give some links in regard to this ?
                            I was referring to the whole "we got so much flak that we decided to scrap two entirely finished books" business. Think about how much they've got to hate the situation around these books, considering they've got to fulfill the pre-orders and do a printing run for them, but still don't want to spend the relatively little extra money to size up the print job and deliver the extra copies to distributors and game stores.

Comment

I was referring to the whole "we got so much flak that we decided to scrap two entirely finished books" business. Think about how much they've got to hate the situation around these books, considering they've got to fulfill the pre-orders and do a printing run for them, but still don't want to spend the relatively little extra money to size up the print job and deliver the extra copies to distributors and game stores.
                              To be fair, they stopped the printing process in both the Cam and Anarch books to correct some material. They never were "scrapped", just put on hold the time they made some changes. They are now both returned on the Mophidius store and will eventually be sold in brick and mortar stores. Shipping for physical books should start at the end of january.

Comment

Working...
                              X