Modiphius taking over Vampire: The Masquerade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modiphius taking over Vampire: The Masquerade

As they note on their site https://www.modiphius.com/modiphius-...n-v5-chronicle

4 new upcoming products:
    • Player's Guide (with support for alternate and oldschool playstyles)
    • London Chronicle (starts with characters waking from Torpor just as SI has wiped the vampires out of London)
    • Second Inquistion Book
    • Starter Set

The interesting thing is that they seem to be the ones in charge of coordinating with all other licensees now - including Onyx Path

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Indeed they are,but white wolf will still approve the products to make sure their directions are being followed.

Comment

What that really means, we'll have to see. I have good experiences with Modiphius and their people are quite awesome in person. I'm sure Paradox doesn't half mind the fact that they are also in charge of a lot of other Paradox properties - Mutant Chronicles, Conan, Mutant:Year Zero...

Also they've had a whole cleaning up of properties situaton already - with Infinity. There was some controversy about them removing the anime cheesecake and replacing it with more sensible Sci Fi fare.

Comment

Hmmm...interesting.

Honestly, if Mophidius was the first to pull out after all of nuWW's controversies, I would have completely understood. To see that they aren't at all is surprising but welcome. I haven't had a lot of personal experience with their products, but I know people have said good things about Mutant Year Zero, Tales from the Loop, and the Star Trek TRPG.

Comment

Well they're apparently burying the Camarilla and Anarchs books entirely, removing them from any sales (including digital sales) once the preorders are filled. Hope you didn't like having those very-central-to-the-setting books as part of the brand!

With a heavy-handed move like that, I have zero confidence in their management of the brand - there's no point investing in a game line that they've made clear they won't consistently support. Nor has Modiphius impressed me with anything else they've done. So...screw them.
          Last edited by Cielle; 12-20-2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

They even have their own Vampire the Masquerade forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cielle View Post
              Well they're apparently burying the Camarilla and Anarchs books entirely, removing them from any sales (including digital sales) once the preorders are filled. Hope you didn't like having those very-central-to-the-setting books as part of the brand!

With a heavy-handed move like that, I have zero confidence in their management of the brand - there's no point investing in a game line that they've made clear they won't consistently support. Nor has Modiphius impressed me with anything else they've done. So...screw them.
              Where’s that rumor coming from? There’s zero indication of that anywhere that I can see. Modiphius’s own announcement says the updated versions will be available in January, and they’re still up on the web store for all and sundry to purchase.

Comment

Good. I like they're work and I'm looking forward to seeing what they produce and what they'll licence out

Comment

Originally posted by Black Flag View Post

Where’s that rumor coming from? There’s zero indication of that anywhere that I can see. Modiphius’s own announcement says the updated versions will be available in January, and they’re still up on the web store for all and sundry to purchase.
                  This is what I have understood as well.

Comment

It’s in the white wolf press release. I’m sure they’ll repurpose the content, but they’ve got controversy attached now (well Cam does at least) so it makes a certain amount of sense to just not print more. The spread of books looks interesting though and I’m interested to see what else come and how OPP will fit in as I was very impresses with CbN

Comment

I have my copies of the Anarch and Camarilla books but the burying thing I hope is just a rumor.

Because they're the Ministry and Banu Haqim supplements.

You can't just throw them out.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

From Modiphius:

The White Wolf brand team have completed re-editing the Anarch and Camarilla supplements to go to production early January, with pre-orders shipping in late January for web orders and early March for retail.
                        You don't send stuff to retail that you want to bury.

Comment

my only problem with modiphius is that they have a poor customer service, in addition to not understanding very well certain export rules

Comment

So, the White Wolf blog does suggest the Camarilla and Anarch books are going to be removed from print, digitally and physically:

Once all existing pre-order commitments are finished, both the Camarilla and Anarch books will no longer be available for sale in print or in digital form. White Wolf is moving away from internal development and publishing, and this is part of that process. The creation and sale of these books would not happen under the incarnation of White Wolf that we are building — the creation, production, and editorial oversight of such products is now entirely run by Modiphius Entertainment and their partners. Until then, we’ve made promises to customers and partners who have pre-ordered these books, and we feel a strong obligation to fulfill those commitments as they were made. Those orders will be filled, and then we will focus entirely on working with licensees who will create the White Wolf products yet to come.
                            Full text here: https://blog.white-wolf.com/2018/12/...s-partnership/

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                            Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

I think you need to read that in the context of the announcement. White Wolf will no longer be selling either format. Modiphius, will and still has them on their website. It is probably noting that they will not be available thru World of Darkness or the WhiteWolf websites.

Comment

Working...
                              X