Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Ministry and House Carna a game-changer for the Anarchs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i just say I love how in this forum,we call discuss something,and disagree with each other without attacking each other or mak8ng ludicrous claims that makes no sense? Because i really appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Can i just say I love how in this forum,we call discuss something,and disagree with each other without attacking each other or mak8ng ludicrous claims that makes no sense? Because i really appreciate it
      Oh dear, some of us are acting like adults.

NOOOOOOO!

Quick, someone say how much they hate V5!

Edit:

But yes, there's a lot of themes the Anarchs vs. Elders, Humanity vs. The Beast, and Camarilla vs. Anarchs can be explored by. I tend to like the Anarch theme in part because it personally appeals to me (I write a lot of books from the perspective of Anti-Establishment heroes) but I can also understand how a lot of people may think of them as childish. LA BY NIGHT is one of the best and worst things to ever happen to the Anarchs because it's really a very one-note portrayal of the organization. All the Anarchs seem to be is a bunch of 90s street gangs.

Where are the political protestors? The Theodore Dooleys? The Hank Caves? The Maldavises?

They're really...really....stupid.

It's a powerful impression that leaves the idea the Anarchs aren't thinking beyond their own childish desires and the difference betweeen the 1st Edition Anarchs of Chicago by Night and the Anarchs of LA By Night is extreme.

Mind you, I love the Black Prince of Milwaukee who is 800 years old and thinks the entire Camarilla system is BS.
      Last edited by CTPhipps; 01-06-2019, 04:09 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Oh dear, some of us are acting like adults.

NOOOOOOO!

Quick, someone say how much they have V5!
        Yeah,after taking a tour to rpg.net,this forum feels like coming home. Bunch of gis there if there you ask me.

Comment

Also,Charles I'd like to add one more kindred into the Game Changer pile.

Agata Starek.

I mean,Just.... wow. She really is something,isn't she?

Comment

Also,Charles I'd like to add one more kindred into the Game Changer pile.

Agata Starek.

I mean,Just.... wow. She really is something,isn't she?
            I have mixed feelings regarding Agata Starek but I confess she at least sends a message. Mind you, Salvador was meant to send a message as the Anarch Cookbook isn't about how the Anarchs are the Loyal Opposition to the Camarilla quietly working for social change and undermining the Prince's tyrannical rule.

No, The Anarch Cookbook is, "This is how you make explosives to blow up the Prince's car."

Agata Starek is a throw back to Salvador's glory days with the idea, "You know what the best way to deal with the Camarilla is? Kill them. Don't talk to them. Don't buy into their bullshit. Just kill them and be done with it."

The thing is a lot of people got thrown by that because that was usually the Sabbat's M.O. but the Sabbat weren't the guys who were the original "Angry diablerists." That was the Anarchs too.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I have mixed feelings regarding Agata Starek but I confess she at least sends a message. Mind you, Salvador was meant to send a message as the Anarch Cookbook isn't about how the Anarchs are the Loyal Opposition to the Camarilla quietly working for social change and undermining the Prince's tyrannical rule.

No, The Anarch Cookbook is, "This is how you make explosives to blow up the Prince's car."

Agata Starek is a throw back to Salvador's glory days with the idea, "You know what the best way to deal with the Camarilla is? Kill them. Don't talk to them. Don't buy into their bullshit. Just kill them and be done with it."

The thing is a lot of people got thrown by that because that was usually the Sabbat's M.O. but the Sabbat weren't the guys who were the original "Angry diablerists." That was the Anarchs too.
              Agreed. Also,Agata represents something I think it's lacking in this game,she is having fun. She makes a statement "Yes,Vampirism is a curse,but you can actually enjoy it,be happy! I dare you"

Comment

Agreed. Also,Agata represents something I think it's lacking in this game,she is having fun. She makes a statement "Yes,Vampirism is a curse,but you can actually enjoy it,be happy! I dare you"
                I fully believe Salvador was annoyed Agata was talking about how sexy Theo Bell was because he thought she should be admiring him.

That was hilarious.

I really think the best thing to ever happened to the Anarchs was Bloodlines, though. That game managed the delicate balance of making the Anarchs look like a bunch of ineffective jerks (Damsel is kind of a moron--even her fellow vampires think so) but also be cool enough your player characters might want to hang around them while also having a leader who can articulate what the hell he's talking about.

Nines Rodriguez articulates the Camarilla's problems in a more coherent way in 3 minutes of gameplay than dozens of supplements ever did.

"It's a pyramid scheme. You've met La Croix. He's an asshole. He's fairly typical of them. They want our shit. We don't like that."

We also have Isaac Abrams, VV, Theresa Voorman and Jeanette, and other non-typical Anarchs.

Comment

I fully believe Salvador was annoyed Agata was talking about how sexy Theo Bell was because he thought she should be admiring him.

That was hilarious.

I really think the best thing to ever happened to the Anarchs was Bloodlines, though. That game managed the delicate balance of making the Anarchs look like a bunch of ineffective jerks (Damsel is kind of a moron--even her fellow vampires think so) but also be cool enough your player characters might want to hang around them while also having a leader who can articulate what the hell he's talking about.

Nines Rodriguez articulates the Camarilla's problems in a more coherent way in 3 minutes of gameplay than dozens of supplements ever did.

"It's a pyramid scheme. You've met La Croix. He's an asshole. He's fairly typical of them. They want our shit. We don't like that."

We also have Isaac Abrams, VV, Theresa Voorman and Jeanette, and other non-typical Anarchs.
                  I'd argue Anarchs Unbound was quite nice too.

Comment

I'd argue Anarchs Unbound was quite nice too.
                    I enjoyed it but I'm trying to figure who thought saying the Anarchs caused the 2007 Financial Crisis that harmed so many poor Americans was a good idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I enjoyed it but I'm trying to figure who thought saying the Anarchs caused the 2007 Financial Crisis that harmed so many poor Americans was a good idea.
                      I think one of the writers thought the Anarchs should have been responsible to a major happening on mortal society. But,the writer didnt actually picked the right one

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                        I think one of the writers thought the Anarchs should have been responsible to a major happening on mortal society. But,the writer didnt actually picked the right one
                        Mind you, Endron Oil was destroyed by a combination of Anarch, Virtual Adept, and Glasswalker Hackers in my games.

Pentex is still reeling from that.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Mind you, Endron Oil was destroyed by a combination of Anarch, Virtual Adept, and Glasswalker Hackers in my games.

Pentex is still reeling from that.

I bloody love crossovers

Comment

I bloody love crossovers
                            The funniest part? None of them ever knew the other was a supernatural. It was all done via computer chat, code, and datawarfare.

Part of why it worked.

Comment

I would argue they did. As has been argued in circle's here a lot, vampires are monsters, parasites, and they make everything worse - they damaged the economy in their war. That vampires triggered the Great Recession also tracks with the VtM books, where it was vampires in Chicago that destroyed America's steel industry as part of their jyhad. And saying the vampires caused either of those doesn't come close to saying they caused the problems in Chechnia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

I would argue they did. As has been argued in circle's here a lot, vampires are monsters, parasites, and they make everything worse - they damaged the economy in their war. That vampires triggered the Great Recession also tracks with the VtM books, where it was vampires in Chicago that destroyed America's steel industry as part of their jyhad. And saying the vampires caused either of those doesn't come close to saying they caused the problems in Chechnia.
                                Still could've been phrased better. That being said, passing them off as a fad in V5 wasn't a decision I liked. As condescending and reckless as they were, I thought they were a good millenial dissent against older anarchs.
                                Plus no mention of the Digital Draculas, which was a bit weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X