Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Ministry and House Carna a game-changer for the Anarchs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    What if House Ipsissimus is simply the cover name used by Tremere when the go Anarch? That is, it's not a formal house or organization, but a title they take, like a pseudonym. And House Carna may eventually drift into the Anarchs.

But yes, the presence of Tremere and Ministry vampires should change the nature of the Anarchs.

Leave a comment:

• Cifer
    replied
    Plus, while Carna herself pledges the allegiance of her house to the Camarilla, I don't see her spending too much effort to hunt down those who'd prefer going Anarch.

Additionally, the Anarchs have more than the few named canon characters. To say they're all stupid is to assume nothing happens without the iconics being part of it. The Brujah, Nosferatu and Toreador all have subsets that embrace from quite intelligent and creative people. To think they need the Ministry or Tremere is to reduce clans of individuals to their stereotypes.
    Last edited by Cifer; 12-21-2018, 10:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wissenschaft
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Well that sucks. It makes me think far less of House Carna and the Tremere as a whole.

Well, as I said after I finished editing my text, they have a proper Anarch Tremere house so if thats what you want then its what you got. Its just not House Carna. It does seem to be vaguely hinted that house Gortraix is in the Sabbat which means the Tremere have a house in every sect.

Leave a comment:

• thebiglarpnerd
    replied

They've repeatedly been said to be Anarch.

?

The V5 core,Tremere writeup, has an in-world discussion between Carna, Schrekt and a Goratrix representative. Carna flatly states that her House is Camarilla, for the moment.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Wissenschaft View Post

Thats kind before V5 clarifies in the rulebook that they are still part of the Camerilla. The anarch book provides the name of a proper Tremere house but they are pretty unground given the level of fear they have of being hunted by the main house.
    Well that sucks. It makes me think far less of House Carna and the Tremere as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• Schwartzung
    replied

?
    They are Camarilla according to Carna - V5 pg. 94

Leave a comment:

• Wissenschaft
    replied

?

Thats kind of before V5 clarifies in the rulebook that they are still part of the Camerilla. The anarch book provides the name of a proper anarch Tremere house ( Ipsissimus) but they are pretty underground given the level of fear they have of being hunted by the main house. They also don't like house Carna for while those witches claim to have Anarch sympathies they still operate within the Camarilla.

Note: House Ipsissimus isn't Anarch because they are rebelling against their elders. Rather they just think the Cam holds them back from their spiritual ascension.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 12-21-2018, 09:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post
    House Carna aren't Anarch though.

?

Leave a comment:

• thebiglarpnerd
    replied
    House Carna aren't Anarch though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X