Vancouver Conclave in 1986

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver Conclave in 1986

Greetings. I once again approqch with another topic. Significantly larger than the last (thanks for the ideas btw)

I'm working on an international conclave that will take place in Vancouver in 1986, during Expo. While I am well aware of Dark Alliance, and how Seigfried dislikes having so many kindred in his city, I figure the following setting works for this.

A short explaination on British Columbia as a setting:

- I use all splats, yes, I'm insane
    - This is primarily a Vampires game
    - I will bs in stuff to allow minor limited access to powers from other splats throughout the game

The party will start the chronicle as fledgelings/neonytes who are introduced to and then given places to live in the city of Prince George. The Prince gives them a few tasks, eventually leading to fighting zombies, which are beginning to rise all across the world and cause something akin to delirium while also being uncontrolled.

After the introductory act, they are sent to the Anarch city of Juneau, Alaska to deal with other stuff, and will be caught in a ton of politics and will affect who rules Juneau, and whether some Ronin Garou survive long enough to make a stable alliance with the city. (Best scenario is that it remains an Anarch city and the Ronin don't get put down by the Garou Nation) Juneau is another write-up, so I'll skip to the main part.

When the party returns, they will be told anywhere between 4-6 months in advance by the Prince that a Conclave is being held, and that they're invited (Juneau will just simply put the party on the global radar)

I know what I want from the Conclave.

- It is being held to determine the 'best' course of action concerning the zombie uprising. It is a big enough problem that everyone needs to address it as an official problem.
    - The party will meet a ton of new people and make connections. Their actions in Juneau will determine who will open up to them more easily and who won't.
    - It will end with the creation of a new temporary task force akin to Justicars and Archons to deal with the threat, the players will likely wind up on this task force.

Among the clans attending will be the following:

- All Camarilla (pre-Gangrel leaving)
    - Giovanni
    - Sabbat Toreador due to the whole Toreador thing
    - Inconnu possibly
    - Tzimitze and Lasombra antitribu *blam* (Lasombra antitribu obviously don't exist!!!)
    - Ravnos, cause why not
    - Agents of the actual cause, which is the main villain of the game, an ancient Earthbound who is a greater servant of Belial no less.

The Garou near Vancouver will know in advance that this is happening, and will most likely be too busy killing zombies to really focus on disrupting the conclave.

All of that is basically Act I of my chronicle.

What I need ideas for who will attend, additional insight into how clans should interact, and what should be done for a convention of such large proportions. I know a decent amount of the World of Darkness, but I haven't tried anything so big before. There's going to be 300+ vampires.

300 Vampires - Well far out.
    Firstly, I'd suggest that everybody will probably be playing the blame game;

Heavy blame at the Giovanni (which is pretty fair for the problem) and any enemy that may possibly have something like the power that could do this.
    Camarilla blaming Sabbat for this as a new type of war ghoul, part of a plan to break the masquerade and usher in the Vampire led world (Which wouldn't be too bad a plan, if the Vampires come out to save the world from Zombies...
    Inconnu will absolutely be there, but not announce themselves as such. Probably the Monitor of Vancouver (There is a Bianca in Toronto, but there is also no-way a Monitor wouldn't be watching the city where a Vampire-Lupine alliance exists) They, or someone from the Tal-Mahe-Rah might be the only participant there that has any idea that the infernal might be involved.

*Giovanni - I'd send the most Preeminent Necromancer to attend that can. Eldest I can find is Ignazio https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Ignazio_Giovanni as a 4th gen (technically Cappadocian)
    - I think that they'd could blame "Rogue Necromancers" or something happening deep on the other side allowing ghosts to possess corpses with more ease than ever before. They might be able to answer if it's regular zombies or not (Technically their dumb zombies have Drones in them to animate them) depending on how the Demon/ it's followers are making them rise.
    *Internally, the Lasombra may consider whether their abyss mystics are getting abyss creatures to possess corpses to be the issue. I don't think that a powerful Lasombra would risk rocking up in person for the most part, so you'll get lackeys sent that are Ancilla (Like having Luceta investigate in the Clan Books) If the organisers pull strings, or just because you like the desctiptions; you could invite one of the Amica Noctis elders of the Clan, there are great write ups of the weirdness in elders. I can't remeber the Elder's name, but he's split into controlling a number of neonates with implanted silver spikes in their brains. Possessing a handful of them at once; you could send one of the vessels in as a representative.
    *Tzimesce might think the Koldun have something to do with it, getting spirits of the earth to inhabit corpses, but it's out of the wheelhouse of every listed "Way" or "Kraina" (Not physically impossible with the themes of Koldunism, but only the Koldun of the Tal-Mahe-Rah would have a chance, since they've got a Kraina affecting the shadowlands.... Most Tzimesce are pretty location fixated, so I think you'd have just a local representative regarless of age/power.

I think you'd need to have Necross there in person (or a Personality) pretending to be a Nosferatu. He has almost every lore (Kindred, Faerie, Lupine, Mage and Spirit) as well as Occult and Theology so he could guide the players on what to look at as possibilities, be your deus-ex-machina to point them in the right, or wrong directions as required.

Ravnos; If you're running week-of-nightmares, there might not be enough to contact for this thing. I'd have them possibly point blame at the Kuei Jin (which might lead the PCs to looking at the origin being one of the 1000 hells, possibly getting the right answer.

Lupines. I would recommend sending one or more to the conclave, for the sake of the treaty. Maybe one on the side of the treaty and one trying to undermine it for extra political fall out. You could have them give tokens of piece that have spirits in them to scout out the vampires in other cities!

Comment

Originally posted by MurgianSwordsman View Post
      I'm working on an international conclave that will take place in Vancouver in 1986, during Expo. While I am well aware of Dark Alliance, and how Seigfried dislikes having so many kindred in his city, I figure the following setting works for this.
      (...)
      What I need ideas for who will attend, additional insight into how clans should interact, and what should be done for a convention of such large proportions. I know a decent amount of the World of Darkness, but I haven't tried anything so big before. There's going to be 300+ vampires.
      If you have the Clanbooks, you could go through the "What does this Clan think about the other Clans" for some ideas. Also, "Counsel of Primogen" is an excellent book overall ; it has sections that discuss the attitudes and approaches of Primogens of different Clans, and the relations and arrangements between them.

Comment

@Illthid Blame game, I can see that. Giovanni will be fairly perplexed with the nature of these zombies, as they don't answer to anyone in particular, and even attack zombies made by known vampire necromancy, and even Risen. Among Giovanni theories is that perhaps a Maelstrom is hitting the Shadowlands, which isn't too far off, although it isn't the sixth great maelstrom (yet). Talk of Sabbat conspiracy would also work, even if few actually believe it.

Lasombra Abyss Mysticism brings up another interesting point I need to tackle. The nature of the Abyss and how it affects my campaign.

Kolduns could be cool, especially since these forms of undead upset spirits, whether they're Wyrm, Weaver, or Wyld spirits.

Necross - I love the concept of this guy already. He'd fit right onto the chronicle, the Great Library would likely attract the attention of the Earthbound Demon at some point.

Garou: The two that come to mind immediately is a Shadow Lord and a Bone Gnawer, likely a friend of the Nosferatu. An antagonistic one might be...an Uktena?

Comment

Working...
        X