Searching for a Merit that will give a Gargoyle claws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for a Merit that will give a Gargoyle claws

As the title, I found the mage merit claws/horns/hoofs/fangs/tail, but is there one from Vtm? Revised or V20 preferably.

Out of clan discipline is a choice, but Id like one with just claws.

Protean 2 is the obvious one.

A Vicissitude modification could make it happen.

Personally, and this is totally just at my table, I would allow a pc Gargoyle to gain (or more precisely discover the combat uses for pre-existing) claws as the story explanation for increasing their Brawl score with XP.

I suppose a demonic investment would get you there, but that seems like killing a mouse with an elephant gun.

Comment

Depending on the chosen appearance, since tht have horns and have many other characteristics, I would assume that it already has claws if desired (lethal).

- Saga

Comment

Oh! I forgot.

Abombwe 2.

Comment

There's a Gargoyle Ritual from the Dark Ages line that gives something like a Protean power, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's the claws for the warriors, but I'm not sure. I'm going to look through my Dark Ages stuff.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
          - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
          (She/Her)

Comment

Got it.

Page 50 of the Dark Ages: Vampire Storytellers Companion. It's listed as "Talons" on a list (which starts on page 49) of Gargoyle Powers that you can buy to customize the character. Talons, mechanically, are just permanent standalone Protean Claws. They cost two points as a Power, so that might be fair as a Merit cost.
            Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 12-29-2018, 05:07 PM.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
            - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
            (She/Her)

Comment

Yeah you could also get away with just using those Gangrel merits, I believe if you have them as a merit then activating level 2 protean makes them larger and more damaging. I would also allow them to have. A custom level 2 protean to sprout a different natural weapon like horns or tusks.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Honestly, given all other considerations, a house ruled one- or two-point merit to have claws which deal S+1 lethal is just fine. It's not as if permanent claws are going to make them any more of a Masquerade violation. I believe the Vicissitude alteration for bone spikes is one or two points, as well, which would act as a guiding principle just fine. Talk to your ST about it and work it out with them.

Permanent claws that deal aggravated, on the other hand, is probably asking a bit much. I wouldn't allow that at my table.

Comment

Retractable claws 1pt gangrel merit

Comment

Originally posted by Pnizzle View Post
                    Retractable claws 1pt gangrel merit
                    You wouldnt happen to have a pg number and book by chance?

It's odd, he's allowing horns from the mage merit but said there's another way to get claws. Which has me puzzled and prompted this search. Thanks to all you guys, but if that merit doesn't fly I think claws are no go.

Comment

The sticking point may be that there are places in the combat rules where it says the teeth and claws of supernatural creatures do agg. If you make it clear you are just looking for Lethal, it may be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Talvas View Post

You wouldnt happen to have a pg number and book by chance?

It's odd, he's allowing horns from the mage merit but said there's another way to get claws. Which has me puzzled and prompted this search. Thanks to all you guys, but if that merit doesn't fly I think claws are no go.
                        It’s in one of the Gangrel Clan books. I forget which one.

Comment

Check the infernal books too. One of the demonic investments give you claws, horns, bites, and tails also.

Comment

Scout Gargoyles can have Protean in-clan.

Comment

Maybe use Bygone Bestiary physical 'powers', merits and flaws?

Comment

Working...
                              X