V5 Clan Lasombra symbol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 Clan Lasombra symbol

Has it been already released? I NEED to know.

I expect it to be different like all the other clans so far, but, will it be based on the revised crown or in the 2nd ed wax seal?

- Saga

Check It out
    https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/La...ombra_logo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      ThanX, like it

-Saga

Comment

I prefer the Revised Lasombra Clan Symbol. The bar in the middle detracts from the crown, as do the details at the bottom. Also, I like the way how in the Revised Clan Symbol the crown is slightly but distinctly angled ; I think that this puts across assured directness, and pride.

Comment

I loved the Lasombra crown from revised (I even wear such necklace everyday)! But, I have nothing against this one.

- Saga

Comment

I like the V5 Clan symbols less than the Revised Clan symbols ; this is because they don't look as subtle, and thus make a considerably less thoughtful and introspective impression.
            Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-03-2019, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
              I like the V5 Clan symbols less than the Revised Clan symbols ; this is because they don't look as subtle, and thus make a considerably less thoughtful and introspective impression.
              Agree. Also, they're just "streamlined" in the usual "let's make it more plain and boring" sense, IMO.

The old ones were more interesting, had more detail and were leaner, dare I say, more gothic?

I also just don't get the reason behind changing them. I mean, the old ones were iconic, were on every related product, novel, rpg book, pins, t-shirts, tattoos, in video games, etc. Why change them? It's, again, feels like change for change's sake and for some misplaced impression of having to be "new and modern".

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

Originally posted by PMárk View Post
                (...)
                I also just don't get the reason behind changing them. I mean, the old ones were iconic, were on every related product, novel, rpg book, pins, t-shirts, tattoos, in video games, etc. Why change them? It's, again, feels like change for change's sake and for some misplaced impression of having to be "new and modern".
                I can understand how new Clan symbols could be considered to be appropriate. The Clanbooks that I have read do distinctly state that there is an amount of potential, promise, and novelty in the modern era ( Which really needs a better name ! And I think that 'digital era' is also bad name. ) . I think they should not have replaced the Revised Clan symbols ; they should have been included as alternative Clan symbols that a Vampire ( or a group of Vampires ) proposed, and some Vampires started using.

Comment

Agree. Also, they're just "streamlined" in the usual "let's make it more plain and boring" sense, IMO.

The old ones were more interesting, had more detail and were leaner, dare I say, more gothic?

Physical product sales; Just like a TV show will revise how the character looks, so you have to buy each season's version of the action figure (And even up to car styles changing year by year). If the symbols are revised, it encourages people to buy the update so that other people don't notice that they're behind the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post

Physical product sales; Just like a TV show will revise how the character looks, so you have to buy each season's version of the action figure (And even up to car styles changing year by year). If the symbols are revised, it encourages people to buy the update so that other people don't notice that they're behind the times.
                    If I buy any items with the Clan symbols in the future, I will gladly be "behind the times" and buy the ones with the Revised Clan symbols.
                    It just came to my mind - isn't it that V5 exists partly because of fans preferring and choosing to support a previous verrsion ? After all, for many years it seemed like the World of Darkness ( back then called oWoD ) would not get updated, and that if there was any future for ideas and motifs of the World of Darkness, it was the Chronicles of Darkness ( back then nWoD ) . Yet many fans still chose oWoD as the setting and game that they preferred. This should have been a distinct hint - that I think they should have acted on - to the writers that it was better to steadily continue the Revised continuity, as V20 did with great and interesting results.

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post

I... don't think the same principle is applicable there. WoD doesn't have those things and clan symbols are not character clothing, but more like logos.

No, I think the change is more of an intentional point they wanted to make: this a new thing and it's different.

Comment

If I buy any items with the Clan symbols in the future, I will gladly be "behind the times" and buy the ones with the Revised Clan symbols.
                        It just came to my mind - isn't it that V5 exists partly because of fans preferring and choosing to support a previous verrsion ? After all, for many years it seemed like the World of Darkness ( back then called oWoD ) would not get updated, and that if there was any future for ideas and motifs of the World of Darkness, it was the Chronicles of Darkness ( back then nWoD ) . Yet many fans still chose oWoD as the setting and game that they preferred. This should have been a distinct hint - that I think they should have acted on - to the writers that it was better to steadily continue the Revised continuity, as V20 did with great and interesting results.
                        And you just described the core of the V5 debacle (at least one angle of it) and the fundamental misunderstanding between WW and a big ching of the fanbase.

Call it "Requiemization". Call it "going back to the 1e feel". Call it "opening up the setting", or "giving it a bold new direction". Whatever. The point remains the same, many fans remained with WoD, even during the years it was dead officially, because they've liked it more than the alternatives. Then comes V5, making huge sweeping changes. Of course it pissed of a lot of people. Then, you've got all the other problems and cotnroversies.

Honestly, it's the same it was back then with Requiem. I can't even count how many times I've seen and heard that "it remedied everything that was bad in VtM", or that "it is superior in every sense", "much better vampire game" etc. That people still playing VtM are "grognards" and all that. Didn't matter. Thing is, the two fanbase mostly made peace with each other, since the resurrection of WoD, with V20. Then this and we're there again.

And yes, I know there are people who loved the old stuff and love V5 as the nex iteration too. Thing is, there are enough people not on board with it to cause problems.

Comment

And you just described the core of the V5 debacle (at least one angle of it) and the fundamental misunderstanding between WW and a big ching of the fanbase.

Call it "Requiemization". Call it "going back to the 1e feel". Call it "opening up the setting", or "giving it a bold new direction". (...)
                          The Gangrel and the Brujah leave the Camarilla. The Followers of Set start aiding the Anarchs considerably. The Sabbat loses coherence and sort of collapses ( but it is hard to say what is the situation in the Sect currently ) . Some Lasombra Vampires want to join the Camarilla.
                          I really am very doubtful if the words "bold new direction" are descriptive at all of the V5's major developments and changes. Some of this happened before in the V:tM setting / continuity, and many circumstances and trends certainly were existing to lead to such events.

Comment

The Gangrel and the Brujah leave the Camarilla. The Followers of Set start aiding the Anarchs considerably. The Sabbat loses coherence and sort of collapses ( but it is hard to say what is the situation in the Sect currently ) . Some Lasombra Vampires want to join the Camarilla.
                            I really am very doubtful if the words "bold new direction" are descriptive at all of the V5's major developments and changes. Some of this happened before in the V:tM setting / continuity, and many circumstances and trends certainly were existing to lead to such events.

It's a 'bold new direction' for people who utterly hate everything about it, despite a large majority of the changes being natural advancements of large parts of the setting. It's mostly that a group of fans wanted 'V20 redux but with advanced plot' and didn't get it.

Comment

The Gangrel and the Brujah leave the Camarilla.
                              Gangrel: already left, though even Revised mellowed it to "a considerable portion", from "full clan" and V20 had a new Gangrel justicar.

Brujah: had many staunch Camarilla advocates among them and not a centralized clan. Full-blown defection is is unlikely. Also, the Revised clanbook described well why they wouldn't.

The Followers of Set start aiding the Anarchs considerably.
                              Neutral, but I doubt the Anarchs wouldn't see that with a vary eye.

The Sabbat loses coherence and sort of collapses ( but it is hard to say what is the situation in the Sect currently ) .
                              At this point, the sect is nearly nonexistent in the West and likely will be changed a lot.

Some Lasombra Vampires want to join the Camarilla.
                              I'm still raising my eyeborws at it.

I really am very doubtful if the words "bold new direction" are descriptive at all of the V5's major developments and changes.
                              Well, it might be a language thing. I consider the sweeping changes, both in rules and setting a "bold new direction"-ism. You know, the desire to make something new, something diferent.

Some of this happened before in the V:tM setting / continuity, and many circumstances and trends certainly were existing to lead to such events.
                              The main difference in my eyes, between simple advancements and bold new direction-like changes is the magnitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X