Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Paths still be a thing or will they be completely replaced with Tenets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Morbus View Post
    Humanity got more versatile but it did not change as much as suprisingly many in the community think it did. Here's part of the description:

    The Downward Spiral
    Vampires are monsters, have no doubt, and even a
    Kindred with the highest of Humanity scores remains nothing more than a wolf in sheep’s clothing.
    Nonetheless, as Humanity erodes, vampires not only
    become capable of, but also actively pursue, evermore depraved acts. It is in a vampire’s nature to
    hunt and to kill, and eventually every vampire finds
    themselves holding the corpse of a vessel they had
    not intended to murder.
    It is important, then, to know how vampires
    change as their Humanity scores deteriorate and less
    and less connects them with their origins. Vampires’
    behavior can become so utterly depraved and alien
    that the very thought of them causes discomfort in
    others


    And if you read what Humanity's level as supposed to represent it is almost copy pasted from previous editions. It's clearly not intended to be able to play a Humanity 8 serial-killer for exemple. And even less a inhuman path follower who somehow gets high humanity.

    Now don't get me wrong the more Human roads/paths can almost seamlessly be integrated into Humanity. Like Roads of Chivalry for exemple or Road of Paradise.

    Many Paths however aren't like the aforementioned Path of Cain which eshew contact with mortals (and thus you should get stains for having Touchstones) and urge you to diablerise Kindreds with high Humanity or Path of Blood which also promulgate Diablerie.
    Exactly. It works well for some things and pretty much doesn't work for others. Since those "others" were already parts of VtM for a long-long time, it's something in need of a remedy.
    Last edited by PMárk; 01-06-2019, 09:49 PM.


    If nothing worked, then let's think!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by PMárk View Post

      Now, how that went through editing? Didn't they check the former lore at all, when writing it?
      Chicago by Night also runs with the Bahari = cannibals thing, too. My guess is it was added in for 'edginess'.

      Comment


      • #18
        I hope they are not merely replaced. Roads are more than ethical principles, they are social structures as important as clans and sects.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

          Chicago by Night also runs with the Bahari = cannibals thing, too. My guess is it was added in for 'edginess'.
          Well, I guess, they couldn't diverge much from the representation in the core.


          If nothing worked, then let's think!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

            I think they'll be Loresheets as we already have the Path of Caine and Path of Lilith as loresheets.
            Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
            Never mind. I've found them. They're in the core book for V5, although they aren't referred to as paths.
            I have found the Bahari Loresheet in the V5 Corebook. But I can't find any Loresheet for the Path of Cain ; is there one ?

            I like it very much that Bahari Vampires get special abilities. ( Except the one related to Diablerie, which isn't justified, doesn't make sense, and should be removed. ) It certainly seems appropriate that being on the Path of Lilith would grant new abilities to a Vampire. I also like how the Bahari are not limited in regard to having sex. I always thought that some benefit for them in regard to sensuality was missing, considering who the Bahari are.

            I thought for a long time that the idea of Vampires who follow Paths of Enlightenment gaining characterful additional supernatural / special abilities should be developed.
            Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-07-2019, 06:23 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post

              I have found the Bahari Loresheet in the V5 Corebook. But I can't find any Loresheet for the Path of Cain ; is there one ?

              I like it very much that Bahari Vampires get special abilities. ( Except the one related to Diablerie, which isn't justified, doesn't make sense, and should be removed. ) It certainly seems appropriate that being on the Path of Lilith would grant new abilities to a Vampire. I also like how the Bahari are not limited in regard to having sex. I always thought that some benefit for them in regard to sensuality was missing, considering who the Bahari are.

              I thought for a long time that the idea of Vampires who follow Paths of Enlightenment gaining characterful additional supernatural / special abilities should be developed.
              I was wrong. It's the Bahari and Cainite Heresy. I've been unable to find the Path of Caine analogue.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

                I was wrong. It's the Bahari and Cainite Heresy. I've been unable to find the Path of Caine analogue.
                The choice to include the Cainite Heresy as a Loresheet is an interesting one. A group with another, distinctive outlook and viewpoint in regard to Vampirism always makes the setting better in my opinion.

                Comment

                Working...
                X