X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosimplehiway
    started a topic Questions About Loresheets

Questions About Loresheets

Loresheets are an entirely new concept presented in V5 corebook. They have some elements in common with merits/flaws from previous editions, but in some ways are quite different. There are 25 Loresheets in V5 core, with a total of 125 new traits. I think it might be helpful to have a central thread for discussing the mechanics and implementation of Loresheet traits.

I'm hoping this doesn't become an "I hate this Loresheet or that Loresheet" thread. Rather, assuming you will be using Loresheet traits, which of them do you find confusing? Which are you finding difficult to fit into your chronicle?

The Loresheet traits I find most confusing:

Bahari 1 (Dangerous Reputation) Does this only work against vampires who believe in the Cainite origin story? How about believers in third party myths, like Laibon or Drowned Legacies? Brand new fledglings who know nothing of history and mythology? Also, don't Bahari believe in the basic outline of the Cainite myth? They just sympathize with a different protagonist.

Bahari 4 (Womb's Blood) Does the blood have to be mortal? Female vampires have a uterus and have blood. How about blood from the uterus of an animal?

Bahari 5 (First-Cursed) Does the day-walking ability make you immune to sunlight, sleepiness, or both?

Convention of Thorns 4 (Prospective Justicar) What are the mechanics of this? Is it raised Status? A free Mawla? Just a storyhook?

Conv. of Thorns 5 (New Traditions) I'm not sure how to use this in-game. Book standard pcs are unlikely to receive an audience with the Inner Circle. Does this only apply to one prospective Tradition, or is it that the holder is seen as an incubator of new Traditions?

Golconda 5 (Greet the Sun) Does this just make the holder immune to physical damage from sunlight? Do they still need to check for fear frenzy? Do they get sluggish during the day, as usual? With the Hunger frenzy, must they actually sate their Hunger, or can they calm down as usual?

Hardestadt 1 (Voice of Hard.) What are the limits to this? A rock concert in a 50000 seat stadium?

Hardestadt 2 (Supreme Leader) How does this interact with Dominate and the "no harm to the subject" rule?

Hardestadt 3 (Ventrue Pillar) "Always"? There is nothing you could do to lose that Status? I assume you can rise above Status 3, right?

Hardestadt 5 (Hard's Heir) What if you are loyal to the Anarchs?

Week of Nightmares 4 (Red Star) We're assuming Ixios is always visible to the naked eye, right?

Week of Nightmares 5 (Blood of Zap) What are some ideas for what the blood might do?

Zelios 4 (Labyrinth) Wait, why can't it be a Haven again? Why is the Labyrinth's creator terrified of it? How do I explain to players they can't sleep there?

Zelios 5 (Ley Lines) Why do Nosferatu punish anyone revealing info about ley lines? Since when do rank and file Nosferatu know about... or care about... ley lines? Did I miss that supplement?

Desc. of Vasantasena 1 (Agent of Chaos) Even Rouse checks?

Desc. of Vasantasena 5 (Sabbat Becomes Camarilla) Without a clear system for Paths, what are the mechanical effects of success? Does it change Convictions or what?

High Clans 3 (Elevate the Low) Must this be a clan being raised? Could it be Caitiff or Thinbloods?

High Clans 5 (Blessed Not Cursed) How does this work for Tremere? They spend a willpower and can bloodbond a vampire? Or do they feed a vampire blood as if bonding them, but can only call on that bond by spending a willpower? Also, this pretty much makes the Ventrue unflawed, right?

Desc. of Xavier 2 (Where the Bodies are Buried) What size area fits what level of difficulty?

• Muad'Dib
    replied
    Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
    High Clans 3 (Elevate the Low) Must this be a clan being raised? Could it be Caitiff or Thinbloods?
    I think this can only be done in regard to one of the Clans listed as a “Low Clan” in the Low Clan Loresheet description. However they might be considered by members of the “High Clans” , they are still clearly part of the consideration, unlike Caitiff or Thinbloods. Note that Bloodlines were also part of this division during the Dark Ages / Medieval period, so I think that this Loresheet ability could also apply to them.
    There is a question whether a certain minimum number of Vampires of a particular Clan need to be in a city for this ability to be used in regard to the Clan. I would say that there isn't such a requirement – there is something characterful and evocative about doing this for one or two Vampires of a particular Clan in a city.
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-24-2019, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Muad'Dib
    replied
    Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
    Bahari 1 (Dangerous Reputation) Does this only work against vampires who believe in the Cainite origin story? How about believers in third party myths, like Laibon or Drowned Legacies? Brand new fledglings who know nothing of history and mythology? Also, don't Bahari believe in the basic outline of the Cainite myth? They just sympathize with a different protagonist.
    Even if some Bahari believe that Cain was ( or is ) the first Vampire, their outlook, beliefs, perspectives, attitudes, approaches, and viewpoints are distinctly and clearly different from those who believe in ( in one way, or another ) believe in Caine. Notably, many Bahari will point out that it is due to Lilith that Caine was able to develop and unlock the potential of Vampirism.

I think that this Loresheet ability only works in regard to Vampires who believe in the Noddist origin myth / story. This includes Vampires who believe in it only loosely or to a small extent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X