Inquisition Timeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquisition Timeline

So While we wait for more V5 Goodness I have decided to start compiling some timelines that I will use in my game. First up is the 2I, since they are a primary threat to my current troupe. If you would like to help please give page references for the addition and what it is and I will add it tot he main post. I am currently reading several books to try to piece together information. If a date was not given then I used the date the book was published to set one as close as I could. So far I have focused on the FBI and NSA but I will be expanding this to include others as I move forward.

References:
    HH - Hunters Hunted (1st edition)
    PT - Project Twilight (2nd edition)
    TI - The Inquisition (2nd edition)
    VRev - Vampire the Masquerade Revised (3rd edition)
    V20 - Vampire the Masquerade 20th anniversary edition (4th edition)
    HH2 - The Hunters Hunted II (4th Edition)
    V5 - Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition

1930's - While Aiding Eliot Ness's attack on Al Capone, Charles Horner is attacked by a Vampire (HH p.38)
    1943 - While helping the Office of Strategic Services, Charles Horner confronts Wulf Steiger and discovers that he is a Vampire. (PT p.27)
    1952 - Hornor finds a sympathetic ear to his Vampire tales in President Hoover's psychiatrist and member of the Army's Psychological Strategy Board, Dr. Emil Zotos. (PT p.28)
    1952 - Hornor and Zotos convince President Hoover that supernaturals exist and that a semi autonomous branch of the FBI is needed to deal with them. (PT p.28)
    1952 (winter) - Hornor opens the Special Affairs Devision who's mandate was to "investigate cases of a strange and persistent nature." (HH p.37-38, PT p.28)
    1950's - SAD funding grows quickly (PT p.28)
    1955 - SAD find and decapitate a Brujah union boss and place the head in the vault (PT p.28)
    1957 - SAD hits its Apex and has 25 agents (PT p.28)
    1950'-60's - SAD starts investigating many case, most of which are UFO sightings. Their Men in Black gain a reputation for responding to incidents before they are even reported. (HH p.37)
    1960's (late) - George Ferris Thomasson Transfers from Homicide to SAD after a Vampire encounter (HH p.38)
    1969 - SAD sends 6 agents to investigate the Clarke Case and they never return. Funding for SAD starts to decline (PT p.28)
    1973 - Horner suspects that Werewolves exist and takes several agent with him to investigate the Wounded Knee crisis and the Maenads, Several agents die to prove Horner's theory (PT p.28)
    1974 - Horner takes his discovery to the grave when he dies in a hunting accedent (PT p.28)
    1974 - Andrew Crowe takes Horner's place in SAD and starts to clean up the corruption that has infiltrated the department over the years (PT p.28)
    1980 - Andrew Crowe is forced to retire by Regan administration (PT p.28)
    1980 - George Thomasson takes over as Director of SAD with Gerald Osbourne as his second (HH p.38)
    1980's - SAD suffers from lack of funding and reached an all time low 5 agents and primarily only deals with Vampires and Spirits. (HH p.38, PT p.28)
    1980's - SAD creates a mirror of the FBI's Counter Intelligence Programs called Para-COINTELPRO to infiltrate the Nosfuratu, Brujah, and Children of Gia which fails and is disbanded. (PT p.31)
    1989-90 - Bruce Higgins and Felicity Price, members of the NSA's Domestic Intelligence Bureau, start collecting information on bizarre crimes as a side project. (HH p.40-41)
    1990-91 - Higgins and Price start seeing a pattern in their data and come to the conclusion that Vampires and Werewolves exist. (HH p.41)
    1991 - Higgins and Price set two Baltimore Vampires against each other resulting in one of the Vampires Deaths. Higgins and Price record the process. (HH p.41)
    1991 - Higgins and Price start another battle between a Camarilla and Sabbat Vampire in New York that gets out of hand. (HH p.41)
    1991 - Higgins is approached by a Sabbat Vampire and entered into his service willingly as a ghoul. (HH p.41)
    1991 - Price is approached by a Camarilla Vampire and is dominated into service. (HH p.41)
    1991-92 - Maurice Edwards, a member of the NSA's DIB, notices Higgins and Prices productivity drop and starts to investigate the two. Edwards discovers that Vampires exist. (HH p.41)
    1991-92 - Thomasson launched an ill-conceived attempt to infiltrate the kindred which failed and came under investigation for multiple financial improprieties. (PT p.28)
    1993 - Thomasson suffered a mental breakdown and was admitted to the Bethesda Institute of Mental Health. Rumors point to Kindred involvement. (PT p.28)
    1993 - Gerald Osbourne takes Thomasson's place in SAD. (PT p.28)
    1993 - Senator Jesse T. Grubbholb's, the chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, daughter goes missing at her coming out party (PT p.28)
    1993 - Osbourne prove the existence of Werewolves in the Grubbholb Case and gains an ally in Senator Grubbholb. (PT p. 28)
    1993 - Funding for the SAD starts to increase and with this so does the department as a whole. (PT p.28)
    1995 - As of this date Marsh Crowe, the daughter of Andrew Crowe, is the East coast regional commander of SAD. (PT p.28)
    1995 - As of this date Cynthia Forrest is Osbourne's second in command at SAD. (PT p.29)
    1995 - As of this date Martin Fiske is the Internal Security Director of SAD. (PT p.29)
    1996 - Cynthia Forrest is put in charge of SAD. (HH2 p.129)
    1996 - The Star Chamber, a secret organization in the NSA uses Maurice Edwards to discredits General Arthur Clifford, who knew too much about the WoD, into early retirement. (HH2 p.127)
    1996 - Cynthia Forrest Vanishes after only three months of taking the head of SAD. (HH2 p.129)
    1998 - NSA Paranormal Research Wings conducts a demonstration for General Rex Shivers of the Chaoscopic scanner (VRev p.273)
    1998 - General Shivers installs a Chasocopic scanner at the White house to look for extra-dimensional entities and discovers vampires and ghouls at a state dinner (VRev p.273)
    1998 - NSA installs Chasocopic scanners in several locations to look for what they call "Blank Bodies" thinking they are extradimentional beings possessing humans (VRev p.273)
    1998 - General Shivers, Colonel Alec Riley, Colonel George Johnstone and 12 monitoring staff secretly head up scanner research discovering the traitors Higgins and Price. (VRev p.272-273)
    1998 - NSA launches the War of Reconnaissance to catalog known extradimensionals, dubbed Negative or Blank Bodies, and their normal contacts (VRev p.273, HH2 p.127)
    2001-04 - After the start of the War on Terror thousands of Kindred have found themselves on watchlists such as NSEERS (V5 p.57)
    2002 - The FBI absorbs the SAD. Though no longer autonomous, SAD still remains able to investigate the paranormal. (HH2 p.129)
    2002 - Thomas Little, the former West Coast Director of SAD, is promoted to the rank of Assistant Deputy Director of the FBI and is placed in charge of the re-organized SAD. (HH2 p.127)
    2004 - NSA penetrates and flips SchreckNet (V5 p.360)
    2006 - British anti-terrorist unit SO13 led by Captain Ishaq Khan start the cleansing of London. (V5 p.361)
    2007- In less than three months the NSA, CIA and Vatican Secret Service kill thousands of kindred, The second inquisition has begun. (V5 p.57)
    2008 - FIRSTLIGHT Identifies the Tremere Prime Chantry in Vienna and mistakenly thinks it is Vampire Central. (V5 p.361)
    2008 - A Coordinated USSOCOM, Vatican ESOG and Brazilian hunter-killer teams destroy the chantry. (V5 p.361)
    2013 - SO13 finish in London by beheading Queen Anne in November of this year. (V5 p.361)
    Last edited by Redwulfe; 01-08-2019, 03:28 PM.

Everything seems to line up with previous editions in my mind except for FIRSTLIGHT which seems to be something created in V5 alone. Now it would seem OK to me as a lot can happen in 14 years since the game left and FIRSTLIGHT could have been created in response to the NSA finding out about Vampires in 1998-2004. Until we get to CbN and their is mention in the Black Site 24 lore sheet that FIRSTLIGHT took possession of the site in 1988 and started moving vampires in to examine them.

Is this a problem with the timeline or has this been a super secret organization in the government all along. Seeing that SAD was created in 1952 it is not impossible but I was curious if it was simply an mistake in the text.

Comment

Well we know the Technocracy has cover organizations but more secret conspiracies never hurts.

But if the London dates are correct, it was a SEVEN YEAR WAR in London.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
        Well we know the Technocracy has cover organizations but more secret conspiracies never hurts.

But if the London dates are correct, it was a SEVEN YEAR WAR in London.
        Yes those two dates where listed in the books. This makes the London sourcebook more interesting to me.

I was surprised at how much of the second Inquisition story line felt like it flowed from the previous editions when you look at it as a whole.
        Last edited by Redwulfe; 01-07-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Don't forget the role of the CDC, according to the earlier-edition books, as if memory serves right that alphabet agency had the most-central role in revealing the existence of vampires, by recording and tracking vampires-as-disease-vector as well as cases of miraculous healing, and mental and physical disorders that defied description (i.e. ghouls). Vampires were paying attention to and had infiltrated law enforcement and intelligence agencies, through which they spread disinformation and obfuscated truth; in comparison, the CDC was a massive blind spot since the vampiric powers-that-be never assumed doctors and medical researchers could break the Masquerade.

I want to say there was even a thing, somewhere, about Netchurch trying to warn the Camarilla of the possibility, only for his concerns to be casually dismissed. Or, maybe, is was one of the Tremere metaplot characters, if it happened at all?
          Last edited by Theodrim; 01-07-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I will be going over the others as well. I did look at the CDC and it seems though they saw several weird anomalies such as the HIV outbreaks and the Atlanta incidents that they couldn’t figure them out and they did not make the leap that it was vampires. In Atlanta they where heavily controlled by Vampires. I do need to read the clan novels again to see if they found out anything in there that may have prompted the vampires to take control of them in that area.

I also need to add dates for the only one in the CIA to make connections Bob Schnoblin's "Pyramid of Satanic Power"

Price and Higgins in the NSA though had a massive database on Vampires when they ran their experiments on them in Baltimore and New York. And I do need a date for when they went from ghouls in earlier editions to actual Vampires in V20.

I will also be adding dates for The society of Leopold as the Sword of God joined the hunt in London and are the longest running organization that has known about the supernatural. I will also add the Arcanum and the Year of the Hunter book that is for Changeling. Not sure if there will be any dates for some of the micro factions though Star Chamber did make a date however. And I am trying to stay away from the Supernatural organizations that are a part of the Technocracy for now.
            Last edited by Redwulfe; 01-07-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I thought the attack on Vienna happened in 2008 - my mistake I guess. But when did they attacked Venice? And what have they been doing for the last 10 years?

Comment

You are correct, it was 2008, corrected. I missed the very first two words in that paragraph for some reason. Thanks. Not sure when the Venice attack happened, did they attack Venice? I couldn't find a reference.

As far as currently I am not sure what they have been doing since then. We will see some more in CbN in 2015 FIRSTLIGHT expanded their operations in Rantoul IL. I am sure they are leaving the rest up to the STs at this point. I hope to find out more as we get more books.
                Last edited by Redwulfe; 01-07-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

The Giovanni have taken a beating and the survivors are apparently merging with the Samedi, Harbingers, etc. Part of that beating apparently came from the SI.

Comment

The Second Inquisition isn't in full genocide mode. It feels like it won the war and is now in gathering information and low-running war mode.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Found a few more dates in the V5 book on page 57. From 2001 to about 2003 or 04 Thousands of Vampires have found their way on the NSEERS or other watchlists. In 2007 In the corse of three months thousands of kindred are killed by the Vatican Secret Service, NSA and CIA.

Comment

So there are supposedly between 60K and 70K vampires in the world. About 1/2 to 2/3s of those are Cainites, or about 40K, give or take. The rest or KotE vampires. If, say 4K Cainite vampires were killed during the span of 3 months, that is 10% of the Cainite population. 1 in 10 vampires destroyed by the SI.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                          So there are supposedly between 60K and 70K vampires in the world. About 1/2 to 2/3s of those are Cainites, or about 40K, give or take. The rest or KotE vampires. If, say 4K Cainite vampires were killed during the span of 3 months, that is 10% of the Cainite population. 1 in 10 vampires destroyed by the SI.
                          That sounds about right.

Mind you, I had half the vampire population of the world killed in my Chicago 5E game and Chicago massively increase in importance as it was one of the few "safe" cities.

Comment

Working...
                          X