Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V5 Rules Question About Equipment (Dragon's Breath Rounds and Raufoss)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 Rules Question About Equipment (Dragon's Breath Rounds and Raufoss)

Hello All,

I have a rules question for you all again. Does the Damage from Dragon’s Breath Rounds and Raufoss ammunition replace or augment the weapon that is used.

Two Examples:
    1) If i have a 12-gauge Shotgun (+4 Damage in Close Range) and i use Dragon’s Breath Rounds, does it remain at +4 damage or does it drop down to +0

2) If I have the same 12-gauge shotgun (+4 Damage in Close Range) and ruse Raufoss ammunition do i do +5 Damage, or +9 Damage.

Below is the definitions of each ammunition for clarity:
    Dragon’s breath rounds: These powdered-pelletized zirconium- magnesium shells turn any pump shotgun into a flamethrower. Available in many American sates, but illegal in most of Europe, Dragon’s Breath ammunition appears on black markets wherever vampires have been indiscreet. Dragon’s Breath shells has no damage bonus (+0), but turn the damage into aggravated versus vampires, and incidentally set what they hit on fire (doing a point of Aggravated damage per round to the target until put out). With factory shells, a total failure on the attack roll jams the shotgun. They have an effective range of n more than 15 or so meters.

Rufoss: Incendiary explosive rounds, such as the Raufoss, are fortunately rare outside military hands, but do show up occasionally i hunter arsenals. They have excellent range and armor piercing capability, and usually come in calibers (12.7mm) that make any target (up to and including armored civilian cars) have a really bad day. Raufoss ignores any body armor, causing +5 damage, all of it Aggravated.

Thank you.

I would assume +0 and +5. Aggravated is a massive boost for damage, +9 would be in Call of Cthulhu PC mortality range.

Comment

For V5, the ammo stats replace the weapon stats, so Cifer's 100% on point.
      Raufoss with +5 is deadly enough, +9 would be an instakill for anything including elders and werewolves.

*As a 12.7mm round, it's not going in a shotgun. It's going in sniper/anti-materiel rifles and heavy machine guns, so with a massive range or ROF advantage as well as the damage, and ignoring armour

Comment

Thank you guys, i assumed it would be replaced but the dropping of +4 damage to +0 on the Dragon's Breath rounds made me second guess (as well as the lack of anything definitely stating if it did or did not). But I am also not a gun savvy person, so there is that too. lol.

Comment

Dragon’s breath rounds: These powdered-pelletized zirconium- magnesium shells turn any pump shotgun into a flamethrower. Available in many American sates, but illegal in most of Europe, Dragon’s Breath ammunition appears on black markets wherever vampires have been indiscreet. Dragon’s Breath shells has no damage bonus (+0), but turn the damage into aggravated versus vampires, and incidentally set what they hit on fire (doing a point of Aggravated damage per round to the target until put out). With factory shells, a total failure on the attack roll jams the shotgun. They have an effective range of n more than 15 or so meters.
          This actually makes complete scene. You cannot use them in an auto-loading shotgun, as they lack sufficient kick to even cycle the gun to load the next shell. Its like a flare gun, usable in a shotgun.

Comment

Working...
          X