Malkavians and other clans in the Anarchs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malkavians and other clans in the Anarchs

An interesting thing in the Camarilla guidebook is they talk about how the Nosferatu and the Malkavian are completely in on the Camarilla. They're not in any place or possess any desire to defect to the Anarchs.

I found this a weird element because you'd think the Anarchs would be indulated with Malkavians.

They're after all, very much an anti-establishment clan.

So, what do you think the various Clan's presence in the Anarchs should be like?

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

I think the nosferatu and malkavians stay on the Camarilla because it's safe for them,stable,it offers protection from the Inquisition. That being said,the clans do have their share of idealists,of people tired of elders remaining in power forever and ever,those are the anarchs. Not all of them are satisfied with simply being safe,they want to thrive,to change things

Comment

They were the low clans, the shit-kickers, the Camarilla gives them an opportunity to be in the elite, ruling class.
      Also, the Role of the Nos as information brokers works a lot better for them when they are entrenched in the society that they want to work with. And the ones more likely to be able to pay.

Comment

I think the entirety of the surviving Ravnos Clans is almost certainly going to be divided between the Sabbat and the Anarchs if they don't go completely Sabbat. The end of the Anarchs as an independent force is pretty much proven by the fact only those in torpor or who had friends to save them.

That is assuming the Ravnos still exist in 5E.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Spy networks fail if their primary backer doesn’t support them. Those 2 are the absolute best spies. Anarchs can’t offer them safe harbor, only freedom. Freedom does nothing for you if nobody protects the group.

Shreknet wouldn’t function.

Joining the Anarchs for the malks would be an anti establishment clan rebelling against rebellers eventually. That’s just crazy. Pun intended.

Comment

A lot of Malkavians crave stability around them, since they themselves are such messes internally.

Also, setting aside the closest thing to a clan consensus on the original Anarchs was 'a bunch of angry young Cainites pouring their faith into an empty sack', the Malks were one of the biggest supporters of the Cam and the Masquerade due to them being some of the biggest targets for Inquisitors (since broken minds in those days were basically assumed to be demon-possessed). I don't see either attitude shifting considerably even with the Cam being pointlessly regressive assholes in V5.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideon View Post
              A lot of Malkavians crave stability around them, since they themselves are such messes internally.

Also, setting aside the closest thing to a clan consensus on the original Anarchs was 'a bunch of angry young Cainites pouring their faith into an empty sack', the Malks were one of the biggest supporters of the Cam and the Masquerade due to them being some of the biggest targets for Inquisitors (since broken minds in those days were basically assumed to be demon-possessed). I don't see either attitude shifting considerably even with the Cam being pointlessly regressive assholes in V5.
              Now now, they're very pointfully aggressive assholes.

Comment

As an organisation, it would make sense to change the Camarilla to be more exclusive after the "Club" has started facing significant increased issues in the last few years.
                However since (most of?) the original founders are still around and just older/more set in their ways because there nearly a thousand years older; in that sense it doesn't work. This time frame is a blip that doesn't register as significant for elders of that era.

*Unless there is more stuff in the background that hasn't been explicitly listed, which some have implied

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
                  As an organisation, it would make sense to change the Camarilla to be more exclusive after the "Club" has started facing significant increased issues in the last few years.
                  However since (most of?) the original founders are still around and just older/more set in their ways because there nearly a thousand years older; in that sense it doesn't work. This time frame is a blip that doesn't register as significant for elders of that era.

*Unless there is more stuff in the background that hasn't been explicitly listed, which some have implied
                  Well the Beckoning means the Camarilla and Inner Council are going to be decapitated....and replaced with the younger Elders immediately under them.

French revolution and Regency than Dark Ages.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Well the Beckoning means the Camarilla and Inner Council are going to be decapitated....and replaced with the younger Elders immediately under them.

French revolution and Regency than Dark Ages.
                    But who get summoned, who is immune, who returns; and more importantly, who had enough contingencies that it doesn't matter?
                    All things missing from the details, left to the imaginations of too many people that will never come to consensus.

Comment

But who get summoned, who is immune, who returns; and more importantly, who had enough contingencies that it doesn't matter?
                      All things missing from the details, left to the imaginations of too many people that will never come to consensus.
                      Mind you, I think it's supposed to be the ST so you can customize your games.

Comment

Besides, the real elders, ones that were elders during the last Inquisition, you'd think would know better. This sounds like it ought to have been their reaction to the Camarilla's restructuring:

Elder 1: Inquisition's back.
                        Elder 2: Damn. What's the plan this time?
                        Elder 1: Cities are cutting off contact from each other, and we're cutting the younger, less desirable elements loose. Let them burn with the Anarchs while we wait it out.
                        Elder 2: Isn't that what we tried last time?
                        Elder 1: Quite.
                        Elder 2: Remind me how that went for all of us.
                        Elder 1: Almost half of our European population at the time was burned at the stake or died at the hands of rebellious childer turned anarch.
                        Elder 2: ...
                        Elder 1: Yep.
                        Elder 2: I suddenly have the urge to pay a visit to Granddad's old tomb in Babylon. A nice long visit.
                        Elder 1: Same. Meet you there?

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                          An interesting thing in the Camarilla guidebook is they talk about how the Nosferatu and the Malkavian are completely in on the Camarilla. They're not in any place or possess any desire to defect to the Anarchs.

I found this a weird element because you'd think the Anarchs would be indulated with Malkavians.

They're after all, very much an anti-establishment clan.
                          I haven't read the Clanbook ; but isn't it so that unusual approaches and obscure wisdom is found in many matters and circumstances other than disorder ; chaos is but one of many directions that can lead to seeing new perspectives and delving deeply into outlooks already known. Also - doesn't elaborate madness need the sane to thrive in regard to ? Perhaps these are some of the reasons why many Malkavians are members of the Camarilla .

I do recall it being mentioned that Malkavians are often advisors to leaders and rulers among Vampires. And the Malkavians were part of a coalition - with the Ventrue and the Toreador - that ruled Rome for some amount of time back when the Roman Empire existed. Structured cooperation with other Vampires is certainly an approach that some Malkavians have opted for before.
                          Last edited by Muad'Dib; 01-11-2019, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideon View Post
                            Besides, the real elders, ones that were elders during the last Inquisition, you'd think would know better. This sounds like it ought to have been their reaction to the Camarilla's restructuring:

Elder 1: Inquisition's back.
                            Elder 2: Damn. What's the plan this time?
                            Elder 1: Cities are cutting off contact from each other, and we're cutting the younger, less desirable elements loose. Let them burn with the Anarchs while we wait it out.
                            Elder 2: Isn't that what we tried last time?
                            Elder 1: Quite.
                            Elder 2: Remind me how that went for all of us.
                            Elder 1: Almost half of our European population at the time was burned at the stake or died at the hands of rebellious childer turned anarch.
                            Elder 2: ...
                            Elder 1: Yep.
                            Elder 2: I suddenly have the urge to pay a visit to Granddad's old tomb in Babylon. A nice long visit.
                            Elder 1: Same. Meet you there?
                            Cue the Gehenna Crusade

Comment

The Malkavians as a group are more disruptive than anti-establishment, imho. Not to mention that speaking of the Malkavians in such overarching terms might be imprudent, considering how individualistic some may be due to the combination of their derangements and the clan's particular culture can be.

Comment

Working...
                              X