Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opp o Produce Church of The Blood Gods for Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opp o Produce Church of The Blood Gods for Vampire the Masquerade 5th edition.

It has been revealed in the last onyx pathcast that a new v5 book is coming along from our good fellows on opp. The church of blood gods. It will include Bahari,The church of caine. And the motherfucking Hecata ,the literal motherfucker of masquerade!

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    the literal motherfucker of masquerade!
    please, they prefer to be called "progenitor shaggers"

Dark Shores: Lineages of the Great Lakes
    Fingers of the Eldest: Bogatyri

Comment

Good to see that a whole book will be written about faiths ( and/or religions ) practiced by Vampires. And that the Church of Caine and the Bahari will got what will most likely be considerable sections of material for them. I can't wait to see what other groups will be included. Is there any information about a possible release date ?

Comment

I wonder if that will include paths....

Comment

As this book is going to have several of the clans of death I am really excited to see this book. I have been really looking forward to seeing the Hecate.

Not to mention the future of the cainite heresy in the church of Cain.

The Bahari are very interesting as well.

Though path of death and the soul, lilith and Cain would fit in this book nicely I am not sure we will see them since I am not sure they are a part of the new V5 system.

This is looking to be a really good book.
          Last edited by Redwulfe; 01-11-2019, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Was wondering on what sort of book the Hecata would show up. Honestly surprised it's this one. Maybe the new Clan of Death is more cult-like instead of the old 'fang mafia' hat? Back to their Cappadocian roots, or even a link to the Bahari through the Drakaina.

Comment

As someone who happens to be a big, BIG fan of the Giovanni...I sure hope they don't mess with them too much.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                As someone who happens to be a big, BIG fan of the Giovanni...I sure hope they don't mess with them too much.
                Well,we already know the Giovanni have been hit hard and essentially a large part of them were forced to ally with the Cappadocians and other clans of death, so there will be some significant changes overall. But Dawkins did say 'not all Giovanni are Hecata, and Hecata doesn't represent the old style Giovanni'. I'd reckon the mafia family angle is going to be downplayed except for Giovanni holdouts or smaller enclaves, and the rest drawn back into the 'cult of death' aspects of the old Clan of Death ways for sheer self-preservation.

Comment

I'd wager Isabel helped cement the new alliance, given how BJD painted her as loyal to the clan rather than the old guard. Plus, keeping up her plans would ensure they interacted more with the sects and mainstream kindred culture.

Comment

Originally posted by El Barto View Post
                    I'd wager Isabel helped cement the new alliance, given how BJD painted her as loyal to the clan rather than the old guard. Plus, keeping up her plans would ensure they interacted more with the sects and mainstream kindred culture.
                    Except for Isobel Giovanni being a Setite prisoner and convertee at the end of BJD. Though it's reasonable that she could've escaped, given that they've described the Hecata with a bit heavier vibe, so she might be instrumental in the whole new 'death cult' aspect of things with what she's learned/been indoctrinated by the Setites.

Comment

Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post
                      I'd reckon the mafia family angle is going to be downplayed except for Giovanni holdouts or smaller enclaves
                      If true, that's disappointing.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Is this pathcast availble somewhere now?

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Miss_ Serneholt View Post
                          Is this pathcast availble somewhere now?
                          I think it is the 34th pathcast It seems to be on the onyx path blog

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

If true, that's disappointing.
                            They could still use the Giovanni's structure and contacts to gather resources and influence. They'd just be less isolated from kindred politics.

Comment

Thank goodness!

Though every company has their editing oopses, and vague rules here and there, Onyx Path is a company I trust to publish material that's usable at the table, fairly clear, and teachable to new players.

I especially appreciate their ability to develop materials which are clearly aimed at a mature audience, without relying on breathless luridness over solid narrative.

One thing. Please. For the love of God... no owls.

Comment

Working...
                              X