Clear All

• Multi-Discipline EXP Question

Armor of the Abyss (18 EXP cost)
    (Obtenebration •••, Fortitude •••)

Body Armory (18 EXP cost)
    (Protean •••, Vicissitude •••)

Wound Sculpting (15 EXP cost)
    (Fortitude •••, Vicissitude ••)

Considering these share Vicissitude (max of 3) and Fortitude (Max of 3), would the overall cost be reduced at all, or would the added Disciplines increase the cost?

Has anyone "packaged" combination Disciplines like this before? I have a player who's looking to turn his Black Hand character into a religious zealot in the flavor of Venom or Spawn.

?

Those disciplines are pre requisites before you are allowed to learn these unique styles.

Overall this is 138 experience. Assuming he is a tszimisce and can get ahold of fortitude, obtenebration, and protean.

163 xp if he is a gangrel with access to the other disciplines required.

I also thought about a venom clone. Obtenebration 4 and vissicitude 4 for being big, ugly, and slapping random mooks with tentacles.

Comment

Specifically, I meant to "lump them all together" as one, instead of buying the individual combinations one by one.

Comment

Originally posted by Venomheart View Post
        Specifically, I meant to "lump them all together" as one, instead of buying the individual combinations one by one.
        I think that Combination Disciplines as written are very specific applications of Discipline capabilities ; thus developing each power would be a separate effort ( and separate experience cost ) no matter the fact of the Combination Powers sharing the same Disciplines to an extent.
        Though I can see what your point here is, and I think with enough story justification a reduction in experience cost would make sense ; especially when, like in this case, there is a considerable overlap of the Disciplines involved.

Comment

Those three powers have published costs and prerequisites, and I would hesitate to sell them as a discount bundle. It would open the door to other players wanting a bundle deal on other abilities, and could create problems at the table.

Example from a Player: "But, running super-fast requires powerful leg muscles and resistance to air friction, so why can't I buy Celerity 1, Potence 1, and Fortitude 1 for the cost of just one of them? You made a bundle deal for Jim and his Venom/Spawn expy. That's not fair!"

So, it's probably best to create a homebrew power which incorporates some aspects of the three powers in one, if only for the appearance of fairness. I'd love to help. For those of us not familiar with Venom and company, can you describe what exactly it is the player is trying to have the power do? Maybe a short write-up of its capabilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
            Those three powers have published costs and prerequisites, and I would hesitate to sell them as a discount bundle. It would open the door to other players wanting a bundle deal on other abilities, and could create problems at the table.

Example from a Player: "But, running super-fast requires powerful leg muscles and resistance to air friction, so why can't I buy Celerity 1, Potence 1, and Fortitude 1 for the cost of just one of them? You made a bundle deal for Jim and his Venom/Spawn expy. That's not fair!"

(...)
            Getting experience cost discounts on the Physical Disciplines if all three of them are developed equally ( at most a level of difference ) is an interesting idea.

Comment

Dealing with munchkins before, my experience says make sure if you are doing stuff out of the norm, make sure that it’s fair across the board and everyone at table agrees. An imbalance of power is only cool in dragon ball z.

Comment

Working...
              X