ARG by Paradox - Tender

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARG by Paradox - Tender

Paradox seems to be up to something. They've created an Alternate Reality Game around the beta of a new dating service called Tender - which, according to some leaked documents, seems to have a "VIP" function that lets certain users access other profiles depending on "biometric factors" and tries to gamify conditioning to make users less risk-averse.

"Whether you’re looking for meaningful friendships, true love or simply a late night bite with a kindred spirit, Tender is here to help."

Hmmm...

https://wiki.gamedetectives.net/inde...=Trust_No_More
    https://app.tenderbeta.com/

And this proves my theory that dating apps are basically GrubHub for vampires

Despite the user name I am actually bigender.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

So, so much. The old joke goes that Sabbat vamps would order a pizza and keep the delivery guy, but Tinder and co have definitely made things easier.

Also note that the site asks for your mental state:Hysteric/Angry/Sad/Numb. Hello, Resonance!

Comment

I hope this is a forshadowing for something good.

Comment

There is a theory on polish video games site that it's a forerunner for a new Vampire: the Masquerade game. Bloodlines II maybe ? I am waiting for some Pentex companies commercials .
          Last edited by Nail Eater; 02-12-2019, 04:54 PM.

Warrior of the Rainbow
          Saint among the sinners
          Pure among the dirt
          Loser among winners

Comment

It's almost definitely a forerunner for something vampire-related. Either a computer game (more likely, considering Paradox is mostly a video game company) or perhaps some other form of media - I think they threw out the idea of a TV series once. But yes, most likely a video game.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
              It's almost definitely a forerunner for something vampire-related. Either a computer game (more likely, considering Paradox is mostly a video game company) or perhaps some other form of media - I think they threw out the idea of a TV series once. But yes, most likely a video game.
              I just hope it's not another cellphone game.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                It's almost definitely a forerunner for something vampire-related. Either a computer game (more likely, considering Paradox is mostly a video game company) (...)
                Paradox Interactive are a very good and experienced PC game company, and thus I think it is about time that they start developing a PC game based on some part of the World of Darkness. It has been over three years since the company bought the World of Darkness setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
                  Paradox Interactive are a very good and experienced PC game company, and thus I think it is about time that they start developing a PC game based on some part of the World of Darkness. It has been over three years since the company bought the World of Darkness setting.
                  To be fair, the Werewolf game should be coming out soon.

Let's just hope it's better than the Call of Cthulhu game Cyanide did.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
                    If this is a vampire game, they've started development quite some time ago - you don't begin with the advertising until you've actually got something to show.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

To be fair, the Werewolf game should be coming out soon.

Let's just hope it's better than the Call of Cthulhu game Cyanide did.
                      I hope you won't mind tell us, or me, what was wrong with their Call of Cthulhu game?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurkhal View Post
                        I hope you won't mind tell us, or me, what was wrong with their Call of Cthulhu game?
                        The game suffered from being rushed out the door as a replacement for its previous publisher (which took its work and has created THE SINKING CITY). Effectively, it functions like a Telltale game where Skills are unimportant (they add a line here and there) but still acts like those Skills matter. The stealth sections are disjointed and the SAN meter makes no sense because there's only a few places where you can lose it. In short, it feels like a game with a lot of unnecessary gameplay elements that aren't very good versus the actual story that is somewhat underdeveloped. Basically, you find out the truth of everything in the 2nd chapter and that hurts the narrative.

It's not a bad game and the voice acting is top notch. I also liked some of the characters but it feels like a C+ or B- game.

Comment

The problem I have for any news on this game is that Werewolf: The Apocalypse has been delayed until 2020. So its unlikely we'll see anything on this before then.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                            The problem I have for any news on this game is that Werewolf: The Apocalypse has been delayed until 2020. So its unlikely we'll see anything on this before then.
                            Define "anything" - We're obviously seeing something right now and I don't think you'd start a viral marketing campaign, reveal the product at the end and then say "Alright, and now we go back to utter silence".
                            Also note that we don't know this game's developer. If it isn't Cyanide, there's little reason why it couldn't be worked on in parallel.

Comment

Fair point.

Comment

Working...
                              X