No announcement yet.

The Masquerade is Mechanicaly unsustainable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this had seemingly come to a conclusion, I'm of the opinion it's still unsustainable. all empires fall, all programs fail, everything has it's end, even the current masquerade as it stands in V5, especially regarding the Camillara, is actually the 2nd version of it that we know about. The first version died not because someone broke it but because the NSA were able to crack a website, now imagine how much the Kindred that will be embraced in the next few generations would be in when Cybernetic implants/wearables that are interconnected are the standard as a cellphone? Not full minority report stuff but like google glass and it never runs out of battery because it's powered off your body's natural heat and bloodflow (a long shot with some issues now but in 20 to 30 years) may become standard and from outpatient surgery. And that's not going into partial limb conversions and replacement due to cybernetic limbs becoming the new chic. And before you say that's far fetched, Since 2014 openbiotics has been creating lowcost 3d printed limbs, earlier this year we have gotten to the point cybernetic limb research, that is public, has been able to achieve "ultra-precise mind-controlled prosthetic". Now imagine the security a retail version of a prothestic by a company like apple that can also act as a smart phone/device that can be modified to enhance physical abilities would have for the average consumer? Panic button, GPS, cameras with audio? How long would kindred embraced from the 90s to today right now of people like us would be able to even feed? While there would be vested interest and counter mesasures, the general public wlll find out kindred exist because footage like that doesn't disappear or get swept under the rug forever and sooner or later the wrong group of kindred is gonna trust the wrong group of Kine and get blown wide open. So imo, sooner or later the bill will come due.

Comment

I think a campaign about the collapse of the Masquerade would be interesting.

Comment

Working...
      X