Streets of Necropolis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streets of Necropolis

Well, I just had myself a little blast of nostalgia here this morning after a long night. Got to randomly thinking about days now long since gone and faded to memory hanging out in the old White-Wolf chats. This got me into a bit of a Google adventure where I started looking about and found some assorted forum threads of people chatting about it, some of the history of how it all evolved over the years it existed, and even managed to find a little internet archive of a fan recreation of the old chats that I had a little click-stroll through and really let the memories wash back over me.

For some general context I actually participated as an Assistant ST for Clan Malkavian and for the Sabbat game after it restructured and abandoned the old Club DarQness temple and moved to the abandoned Martha Washington School for Girls and went to a very small but mature player base.

Anyways, after having that wonderful little blast I thought I'd pop in here and make a quick little post about it, possibly spark something similar for some of the folks around these parts.

-Red
    V20 Content: Age & Potency
    V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor, Morality System
    Brand Manager, Developer at Hunters Entertainment

Since it is a "Necropolis" thread, a little thread necromancy is in order. I regularly played in the chat, so did my wife. I primarily (near exclusively) played a Sabbat vampire who came in and busted up all that "Club Darqness" stuff.
    Last edited by Ruthven; 06-16-2019, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I played there as well back when it was just 1 room for each game. Played a bit in Silvermoon Caern (the Werewolf room's name) but primarily played in the Vampire game in the Cam and Giovanni venues

Lost Tribes Gaming:
      Cyberpunk 2020 Phoenix:1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month 6pm to 9pm AZ time (-7GMT)
      http://www.twitch.tv/losttribesgaming.

Comment

Sycophant, do you remember your character(s) names?

Comment

Yup. My main two were Damascus Dreiburgen who had been the Ventrue whip, the Primogen, and Prince for a bit. And Malcom Velonese who eventually became the Don of the Giovanni

Lost Tribes Gaming:
          Cyberpunk 2020 Phoenix:1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month 6pm to 9pm AZ time (-7GMT)

Comment

Was Morrigan prince at the time when you were playing the whip and/or primogen?

Comment

I think that was the Brujah prince that preceded my character being prince at the time. I dont remember all of the details but I think there had been some IC/OOC things that led to his removal or something. It was a long time ago so I don't remember much.

Lost Tribes Gaming:

Comment

If recollection serves me correctly, the names of the characters I played were Fr. Cedrick Manning (Malkavian Ancillae Prophet since I was AST in that game) and Tyred Qijan (Tzimisce Torturer and Childe of the Pack Priest in the rebooted Sabbat game).

At least those were my mains, I had a couple other characters over my time on there that I forget the names of at this point. Had a Nosferatu at one point in the Cam and another Tzimisce over in the Sabbat before the reboot. Couple other even more minor ones who I dropped pretty quickly as well.

Yep, fun times, kind of sad I lost my old transcripts of some of the scenes, primarily the rebooted Sabbat ones as we got really deep into the workings of Paths and their portrayal, and the intricacies of Pack relationships since we were a super small 2 Pack game centered around the idea that the Cam had wiped out the local Sabbat presence on the other side of the river, and now these Packs were being sent in from outside to establish a center of control and destabilize the Cam operations in the area covertly. Some really great scenes came out of that, but such is the way of things.

-Red
                V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor, Morality System

Comment

if you go look up the Refuges of Necropolis on Facebook someone has a link to a site that has a bunch of old chat logs from the original html website. I haven't seen anything I was involved in probably because I was pre-1998 and I that is the earliest it goes right now.

Lost Tribes Gaming:

Comment

In the interest of full disclosure. I played Adam D'Amour, Lasombra who was for a time, cardinal, then archbishop and then priscus of the Sabbat. He was my original pen and paper character. But, he was a Malkavian in our table top game.

Comment

I remember him. Didn't interact with him I don't recall but I do recall the character

Lost Tribes Gaming:

Comment

Yep, I remember that character as well - don't recall which character I was playing at that time, but I recall a couple interactions with you.

-Red

Comment

Red Eye, do you remember your Sabbat pack's name? My pack was the Jacobins.

Comment

Huh!

I played Angel Collins, the Toreador Harpy. Ruthven, I also still play your childe Collette Pierce.

Comment

Huh!
                              I played Angel Collins, the Toreador Harpy. Ruthven, I also still play your childe Collette Pierce.
                              That is awesome! May she survive the Gehenna War.

Comment

Working...
                              X