X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Eye
    started a topic Streets of Necropolis

Streets of Necropolis

Well, I just had myself a little blast of nostalgia here this morning after a long night. Got to randomly thinking about days now long since gone and faded to memory hanging out in the old White-Wolf chats. This got me into a bit of a Google adventure where I started looking about and found some assorted forum threads of people chatting about it, some of the history of how it all evolved over the years it existed, and even managed to find a little internet archive of a fan recreation of the old chats that I had a little click-stroll through and really let the memories wash back over me.

For some general context I actually participated as an Assistant ST for Clan Malkavian and for the Sabbat game after it restructured and abandoned the old Club DarQness temple and moved to the abandoned Martha Washington School for Girls and went to a very small but mature player base.

Anyways, after having that wonderful little blast I thought I'd pop in here and make a quick little post about it, possibly spark something similar for some of the folks around these parts.

• Red Eye
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruthven View Post
    Red Eye, do you remember your Sabbat pack's name? My pack was the Jacobins.

Bah, I wish I did honestly! At that time there were only two Sabbat packs being run (the rebooted Sabbat game in the Martha Washington School for Girls room that replaced Club DarQness), and I know both the packs at that time were also pretty small (the basic conceit of the reboot game was the Cam wiped the Sabbat presence across the river, and we were the two packs sent back in to destabilize and eventually reclaim the region).

While I don't recall the pack name, I do recall that my pack at the time had basically the bulk of the behind the scenes folks on it. Our Ductus was a Lasombra being played by a chap named Jordy I want to say, and he was the Head Storyteller for the Sabbat game at that time. We also had the Sabbat Moderator in our pack, I think his real name was Chip, and I can't recall if he played my sire (the Native American Tzimisce Priest) or if he was our scout (a Gangrel Antitribu city variant who rocked this feral homeless kind of vibe and seemed to stalk rooftops a lot).

Since it was a very covert style of game, and my character wasn't high on the totem pole being just a torturer, I didn't end up interacting with the other pack at that time all too often save for a couple of the larger Rituals we gathered for.

At least, I think that is all accurate, been a long time now and my memory can be shaky on details.

Originally posted by pisceskitty317 View Post
    Huh!

I played Angel Collins, the Toreador Harpy. Ruthven, I also still play your childe Collette Pierce.
    Ha! I actually remember that name, though I don't think I got to do too much interacting with the character. Still remember seeing you around the Fallen Angels Club a few times though while I was up to my Malkavian and Nosferatu shenanigans.

Leave a comment:

• Ruthven
    replied
    Huh!
    I played Angel Collins, the Toreador Harpy. Ruthven, I also still play your childe Collette Pierce.
    That is awesome! May she survive the Gehenna War.

Leave a comment:

• pisceskitty317
    replied
    Huh!

Leave a comment:

• Ruthven
    replied
    Red Eye, do you remember your Sabbat pack's name? My pack was the Jacobins.

Leave a comment:

• Red Eye
    replied
    Yep, I remember that character as well - don't recall which character I was playing at that time, but I recall a couple interactions with you.

Leave a comment:

• Sycophant
    replied
    I remember him. Didn't interact with him I don't recall but I do recall the character

Leave a comment:

• Ruthven
    replied
    In the interest of full disclosure. I played Adam D'Amour, Lasombra who was for a time, cardinal, then archbishop and then priscus of the Sabbat. He was my original pen and paper character. But, he was a Malkavian in our table top game.

Leave a comment:

• Sycophant
    replied
    if you go look up the Refuges of Necropolis on Facebook someone has a link to a site that has a bunch of old chat logs from the original html website. I haven't seen anything I was involved in probably because I was pre-1998 and I that is the earliest it goes right now.

Leave a comment:

• Red Eye
    replied
    If recollection serves me correctly, the names of the characters I played were Fr. Cedrick Manning (Malkavian Ancillae Prophet since I was AST in that game) and Tyred Qijan (Tzimisce Torturer and Childe of the Pack Priest in the rebooted Sabbat game).

At least those were my mains, I had a couple other characters over my time on there that I forget the names of at this point. Had a Nosferatu at one point in the Cam and another Tzimisce over in the Sabbat before the reboot. Couple other even more minor ones who I dropped pretty quickly as well.

Yep, fun times, kind of sad I lost my old transcripts of some of the scenes, primarily the rebooted Sabbat ones as we got really deep into the workings of Paths and their portrayal, and the intricacies of Pack relationships since we were a super small 2 Pack game centered around the idea that the Cam had wiped out the local Sabbat presence on the other side of the river, and now these Packs were being sent in from outside to establish a center of control and destabilize the Cam operations in the area covertly. Some really great scenes came out of that, but such is the way of things.

Leave a comment:

• Sycophant
    replied
    I think that was the Brujah prince that preceded my character being prince at the time. I dont remember all of the details but I think there had been some IC/OOC things that led to his removal or something. It was a long time ago so I don't remember much.

Leave a comment:

• Ruthven
    replied
    Was Morrigan prince at the time when you were playing the whip and/or primogen?

Leave a comment:

• Sycophant
    replied
    Yup. My main two were Damascus Dreiburgen who had been the Ventrue whip, the Primogen, and Prince for a bit. And Malcom Velonese who eventually became the Don of the Giovanni

Leave a comment:

• Ruthven
    replied
    Sycophant, do you remember your character(s) names?

Leave a comment:

• Sycophant
    replied
    I played there as well back when it was just 1 room for each game. Played a bit in Silvermoon Caern (the Werewolf room's name) but primarily played in the Vampire game in the Cam and Giovanni venues

Leave a comment:

Working...
X