Vampire 5th Edition Character Sheets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Eye View Post
    Love the new sheets, good to have all the officially released Clans represented in the options again (now we just need to find out what the Lasombra font is going to be and we can churn them out too).
    Thanks! Glad you liked em!

After a bit of use and time, I do have some comments and suggestions for some of the sheets:

Clan Sheets: In the Disciplines section, instead of leaving all of the fields as interactive dropdowns, perhaps set the column of 3 on the left to the Clan Disciplines for the Clan the sheet is for by default. The new character creation process more or less ensures all characters will have at least 2 of their Clan Disciplines with points out of the gate, so may as well just slot them all.
    I did consider this when I first made the sheets...but decided against it because I wasn't sure people would want to format their clan disciplines. If it was one column(like the old sheets), I'd totally have slotted them in. But I wasn't sure if people would want clan disciplines on one side, or use the top two and then one underneath. So, I thought it best to leave them blank.

But, I guess it really depends on what everyone thinks. I'm not opposed to updating them if need be..

Additionally, the Clan Banes could also potentially just be put into place, though that would need a little forethought to properly accommodate situations like the Ventrue where they will have player decided details associated to them (though when I plugged this in on the sheet manually I was able to fit the details of the Bane with two lines left which allowed me to leave a one line space and include a spot for "Preference:" on the bottom line for the player. Would just save on some content needing to be put into these manually, but also fine to skip if you prefer the current setup.
    Not sure on this one...have to think on it.

Coterie/Domain Sheet: So, for this one on the Coterie portion of the sheet it could be nice to split up the "Description" area to also include a "Members" area with a few lines on it to list all the Kindred in the Coterie (makes them more useful for the NPC based Coteries, which I do use these sheets for to be honest).
    Ok, I'll see what I can do. Would make the description section smaller though. How many lines are you thinking?

All (Mostly) Sheets: On the Hunger tracker portion of the sheet, I might be neat to actually change the last two boxes in the series (the two right most boxes) to being red (or doing something else to make them clearly noticeable, though I lean towards the red boxes) as that is the point where a character needs to worry about Hunger Frenzy. Having that made directly clear right on the sheet would be pretty slick.

Just a couple little minor things I have been kicking over in my head.
    So, would they boxes and the way they fill in need to be red? Or just the fill in color?

Not a hard change either way, it'll just take some time to update every sheet for that change. Probably should have done it sooner...lol.

MrGone's Character Sheets
    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

I'd think you could get away with just eating up 4 lines from Description, one of those being the new header and the other three remaining lines. Might even be able to go as low as 3 total lines since you can probably fit 2-3 names per line roughly. Most Coteries don't tend to be bigger than that member wise generally.

For the boxes, I'd say both outline and fill, as that accommodates both people using the digital version and those that actually print them for players (like I tend to do). The border being the most important though.

Hope you're vacation was a blast, seemed like it from the pics I managed to catch!

-Red V5 Fan Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude (non Program take), Loresheet: Chicago (pre CbN V5), Resonance Flavor, Morality System Project Manager, Developer, Community Outreach at Hunters Entertainment

Comment

I'd think you could get away with just eating up 4 lines from Description, one of those being the new header and the other three remaining lines. Might even be able to go as low as 3 total lines since you can probably fit 2-3 names per line roughly. Most Coteries don't tend to be bigger than that member wise generally.
        Ok, cool! Thanks for the input! I'll see what I can do.

For the boxes, I'd say both outline and fill, as that accommodates both people using the digital version and those that actually print them for players (like I tend to do). The border being the most important though.
        Makes perfect sense.

Hope you're vacation was a blast, seemed like it from the pics I managed to catch!
        Thanks!! It was indeed! Spent 5 days at Disney World, checking the various parks and eating and drinking a bunch of great stuff! Finally got to ride that new Avatar ride too, which was really cool!

Comment

May I ask if you will do V5 sheets for Ghouls?

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Miss_ Serneholt View Post
            May I ask if you will do V5 sheets for Ghouls?
            Oh! Good question. I hadn't actually thought about that. I'll have to look into what the differences would need to be. If you have any ideas or suggestions, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

Oh! Good question. I hadn't actually thought about that. I'll have to look into what the differences would need to be. If you have any ideas or suggestions, let me know.
              They'd have a Regent instead of a Sire, a Regent's Clan instead of their own, and no Generation, but maybe a spot for Specifying if they are born Ghoul Revenants or Turned Ghouls and they wouldn't have a Hunger Track, since any attempt to roll hunger die if they temporarily gain 2nd level Discipline powers they take damage instead of rousing the Hunger. But the Attributes and Skills would be the same, and I'd assume Humanity would remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert D View Post
                They'd have a Regent instead of a Sire, a Regent's Clan instead of their own, and no Generation, but maybe a spot for Specifying if they are born Ghoul Revenants or Turned Ghouls and they wouldn't have a Hunger Track, since any attempt to roll hunger die if they temporarily gain 2nd level Discipline powers they take damage instead of rousing the Hunger. But the Attributes and Skills would be the same, and I'd assume Humanity would remain.
                Oh cool! Thanks for the info!

Shouldn't be too much trouble then. I'll add it to my list!

Comment

Oh cool! Thanks for the info!

Shouldn't be too much trouble then. I'll add it to my list!

The term is Regnant, not regent.

Comment

Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post
                    The term is Regnant, not regent.
                    Ah! Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Really great work with the sheets!

I am getting a one-shot ready and the 2 page NPCs with three NPCs per sheet is really useful. Having a couple of sheets I get 6 NPCs with their stats laying behind my screen being able to make their rolls and track their health and willpower with ease.

The only thing I missed is a short paragraph for description and maybe a picture to show the players. Having a more complex sheet would probably mess up the layout making it less useful, but have you considered replacing Chronicle Tenets and maybe Bane with those? Bane may be useful when having different NPCs from different clans. I would use convictions as a way to show the character's morality, but a chronicle tenets reminder for each character looks a bit superfluous to me (besides, do NPCs really abide by them? Shouldn't it be more narrative driven?). Not so sure about what the rest would think.

That would be an option... another would be having a third page with name reminder, photo, short description, and bio... in case they become something more than cannon fodder for action focused chronicles. Besides, that may help when you need to figure out quickly how they react when falling to a Dementation attack other than obsessing/whining with the one-sentence concept and ambition. Which can and even should be used, of course!

I will use them by now for both NPC kindred, ghouls and humans, in which case the only differences are some will not have clans and some will not even have regnants nor disciplines.

Also thanks for the clan sheets. I will use them for the pre-generated characters. Every kindred is different regarding the clan, but since it is for an event this way people will be able to spot their preferred clans easily.
                      Last edited by Strangelove; 03-27-2019, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strangelove View Post
                        Really great work with the sheets!

I am getting a one-shot ready and the 2 page NPCs with three NPCs per sheet is really useful. Having a couple of sheets I get 6 NPCs with their stats laying behind my screen being able to make their rolls and track their health and willpower with ease.
                        Thanks!! I'm glad to hear you like em and are putting them to good use.

The only thing I missed is a short paragraph for description and maybe a picture to show the players. Having a more complex sheet would probably mess up the layout making it less useful, but have you considered replacing Chronicle Tenets and maybe Bane with those? Bane may be useful when having different NPCs from different clans. I would use convictions as a way to show the character's morality, but a chronicle tenets reminder for each character looks a bit superfluous to me (besides, do NPCs really abide by them? Shouldn't it be more narrative driven?). Not so sure about what the rest would think.
                        Yea, I wasn't sure on the Chronicle Tenets, since I wasn't really sure what they were used for.

If you think that can be dropped in favor of a description section, that wouldn't be too hard to do. What does everyone else think?

That would be an option... another would be having a third page with name reminder, photo, short description, and bio... in case they become something more than cannon fodder for action focused chronicles. Besides, that may help when you need to figure out quickly how they react when falling to a Dementation attack other than obsessing/whining with the one-sentence concept and ambition. Which can and even should be used, of course!
                        Yea, that could be an option...

I will use them by now for both NPC kindred, ghouls and humans, in which case the only differences are some will not have clans and some will not even have regnants nor disciplines.
                        Glad to hear it! And we'll see what we can do about improving them for you a bit hopefully..

Also thanks for the clan sheets. I will use them for the pre-generated characters. Every kindred is different regarding the clan, but since it is for an event this way people will be able to spot their preferred clans easily.
                        Oh, you're very welcome! I'm glad you liked how they turned out. I was pretty happy with them, figuring out how to do the layers and such....

Comment

Questions....looking at the V5 sheet.

Would Ghouls need a Predator Type? What about the stats under Blood Potency? Clan Bane?

I was looking at the sheet to see what needed to done and I saw a few things I wasn't sure about, so I figured I should ask. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Questions....looking at the V5 sheet.

Would Ghouls need a Predator Type? What about the stats under Blood Potency? Clan Bane?

I was looking at the sheet to see what needed to done and I saw a few things I wasn't sure about, so I figured I should ask. Thanks in advance!
                            Happy to help out! And sorry about my goof on Regnant. Just flipping through V5 core and evidently some folks in-world also call a Regnant a Domitor. I don't believe Ghouls would need a predator type, as they can only get a 'recharge' by being given Vitae by their Regnant; but perhaps a space for how they are treated by their Regnant/relationship with Regnant? Clan Bane wouldn't be needed. Rather than Blood Potency, perhaps a Blood Bond Strength box for them to record that? Or maybe a text box reminder of the four big changes to Ghouls?: 1) wounds heal twice as fast unless caused by fire, 2) aging halts or resets a few years, 3) get one-dot of Regnant's highest ranked Discipline, and one discipline power in it he/she possesses 4) use of temporary 2nd+ level powers costs 1 aggravated damage, as they have no Hunger die.

Comment

I think for a Ghoul sheet, at least for the time being, this is the direction I would go with it all:

First thing first, I'd just make it a 2-Page sheet and use the generic 2-page sheet you have as a starting point. No need for a 1-page and 4-page variant on this one I don't think personally. I'd also nab the font and symbol you used on the V20 sheets.

On the top half of the first page I'd replace the Predator Type with Duties (as that seems a nice fit alongside Ambition and Desire as a motivator in behavior), next replace Clan with Domitor, then replace Generation with Type (which can be used for Turned/Revenant distinction), and replace Sire with Relationship (which can be a nice spot to note if it is abusive or amenable).

For the bottom half of the first page swap the Clan Bane section to the Flaws portion of the sheet. Adjust the Disciplines section to Backgrounds as Ghouls will be more likely to possess multiple of these compared to Disciplines. Next I'd swap Hunter to Blood Bond (adding an additional box or swapping them to dots, regardless needs 6 as this is where Bonds cap out). Cut the remaining content that is in this section to make some room to add in spots for Disciplines, if there is room for it I suggest sports for 3 Disciplines that cap out at 2 dots each (with subsequent power lines).

On the second page I would cull the Backgrounds, Merits, and Flaws - move up the Haven and Weapons, then shift in Possessions and leave Experience at the bottom. Where Possessions was originally grant an expanded Notes section.

At least, that is how I would personally approach making a Ghoul sheet based on your other sheets. Look forward to seeing what route you end up going in the end, I'm sure it will be great!

-Red V5 Fan Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude (non Program take), Loresheet: Chicago (pre CbN V5), Resonance Flavor, Morality System Project Manager, Developer, Community Outreach at Hunters Entertainment

Comment

Happy to help out! And sorry about my goof on Regnant. Just flipping through V5 core and evidently some folks in-world also call a Regnant a Domitor. I don't believe Ghouls would need a predator type, as they can only get a 'recharge' by being given Vitae by their Regnant; but perhaps a space for how they are treated by their Regnant/relationship with Regnant? Clan Bane wouldn't be needed. Rather than Blood Potency, perhaps a Blood Bond Strength box for them to record that? Or maybe a text box reminder of the four big changes to Ghouls?: 1) wounds heal twice as fast unless caused by fire, 2) aging halts or resets a few years, 3) get one-dot of Regnant's highest ranked Discipline, and one discipline power in it he/she possesses 4) use of temporary 2nd+ level powers costs 1 aggravated damage, as they have no Hunger die.
                                Thanks for the info!! I really appreciate it!

I think for a Ghoul sheet, at least for the time being, this is the direction I would go with it all:

First thing first, I'd just make it a 2-Page sheet and use the generic 2-page sheet you have as a starting point. No need for a 1-page and 4-page variant on this one I don't think personally. I'd also nab the font and symbol you used on the V20 sheets.

On the top half of the first page I'd replace the Predator Type with Duties (as that seems a nice fit alongside Ambition and Desire as a motivator in behavior), next replace Clan with Domitor, then replace Generation with Type (which can be used for Turned/Revenant distinction), and replace Sire with Relationship (which can be a nice spot to note if it is abusive or amenable).
                                Thanks! Seems to jive with the info above. But, you think I use the Ghouls logo and symbol from V20? I could do that..

For the bottom half of the first page swap the Clan Bane section to the Flaws portion of the sheet. Adjust the Disciplines section to Backgrounds as Ghouls will be more likely to possess multiple of these compared to Disciplines. Next I'd swap Hunter to Blood Bond (adding an additional box or swapping them to dots, regardless needs 6 as this is where Bonds cap out). Cut the remaining content that is in this section to make some room to add in spots for Disciplines, if there is room for it I suggest sports for 3 Disciplines that cap out at 2 dots each (with subsequent power lines).

On the second page I would cull the Backgrounds, Merits, and Flaws - move up the Haven and Weapons, then shift in Possessions and leave Experience at the bottom. Where Possessions was originally grant an expanded Notes section.

At least, that is how I would personally approach making a Ghoul sheet based on your other sheets. Look forward to seeing what route you end up going in the end, I'm sure it will be great!
                                Ok, I have a few questions here. So, move Flaws to page 1 in place of Clan Bane? And change the current Disciplines section to Backgrounds? You don't think the sheet would need any Merits? And none of the info like Blood Surge, Mend Amount, etc? Even cutting all that, there wouldn't be room for Disciplines on page 1 if it needs to stick to the same format as disciplines are currently. Even if it was a line per discipline there might not be enough room. So, that might need to go to page 2...

As for possessions, I could shift it over to the right column and expand the notes section, or I could add in a spot for info on the Domitor, like on the V20 sheet...

Comment

Working...
                                X