• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodlines 2 Announced.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5..._Bloodlines_2/
    Here it is guys.

Looks amazing!

And I LOVE that Brian Mitsoda is on the dev team!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

VV is back, too!!!!

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

I need this to live up to the hype, deep down in my core.

-Red
      V20 Content: Age & Potency
      V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor, Morality System
      Development Manager, Developer at Hunters Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
        Looks amazing!

And I LOVE that Brian Mitsoda is on the dev team!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

VV is back, too!!!!

Eh? Where are you seeing VV?

Also, it's confirmed to be based on V5's mechanics (Resonance was talked about heavily in the interview), set in Seattle, you're the victim of a Mass Embrace, you start out as a Thin Blood and you can manifest a clan later.

Kotaku Article: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/03/va...s-pretty-good/
        Last edited by thebiglarpnerd; 03-22-2019, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebiglarpnerd View Post

Eh? Where are you seeing VV?

Also, it's confirmed to be based on V5's mechanics (Resonance was talked about heavily in the interview), set in Seattle, you're the victim of a Mass Embrace, you start out as a Thin Blood and you can manifest a clan later.

Kotaku Article: https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/03/va...s-pretty-good/

I find it.. interesting....we're going to see werewolves in videogame before w5

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

I find it.. interesting....we're going to see werewolves in videogame before w5

Considering they stated that mechanics for both the video game and TT were developed simultaneously for Vampire, I'd expect there to be something similar going on for Werewolf.

Comment

But must we be a wretched Thin Blood?

Only pure Malkavian blood for me!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                But must we be a wretched Thin Blood?

Only pure Malkavian blood for me!
                I got the very distinct impression in the interviews that we'll be picking up a Clan over the games plotline, which leads me to believe we'll engage in at least one very particular story at some point in the game (possibly a little bit about what the trailer was hinting at with the hunting down another Kindred). The website seems to imply 5 Clans (and a bonus Clan, whatever that means, for a total of 6).

There were honestly a number of hinted implications over the course of the interviews, despite them being pretty tight lipped still.

-Red
                V20 Content: Age & Potency
                V5 Content: The Masquerade, Tzimisce and Vicissitude, Loresheet: Chicago, Resonance Flavor, Morality System
                Development Manager, Developer at Hunters Entertainment

Comment

I'm.... mixed on this preview.

I like a lot of what I read, even some of the V5 inspired bits that I don't like in the V5 rules (blood Resonance for example). Who's working on it looks like a good team, I really like hearing that they're pretty open about the first game's flaws, etc.

There's also a few red flags for me. I want a VtMB sequel to address that VtMB was overly reliant on combat and didn't really let you take non-combat routes because the end of the game was impossible if you did. Making a better combat system is awesome... but I want a better ability to play the game in different styles. I'm not sure at all about losing the VtM flavor of Disciplines for more generic vampire ability trees with different names. Starting as a thin-blood and getting a Clan in-game is really iffy for me.

But it's early... and despite the excitement around the project, there's a lot of time between now and when all of these things are 100% final.

Comment

My only issue right now is this seems very much like Dishonored: The Masquerade.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like Dishonored.

I LOVE Dishonored, in fact.

Dishonored is also kind of based on V:TM:B.

However, I should point out that we already have had an attempt to make this game and it was called Dark.

And voice acting aside, Dark was a piece of shit.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I...actually wonder on just how much of V5's setting is being incorporated in Bloodlines 2. Especially when examining some of the other article previews, not just the trailer.

The Blood Resonance stuff and it being this game's version of "You Are What You Eat" is so far the only indication of it. The Mass Embrace thing and there being a bunch of Caitiffs...doesn't really say much of V5 specifically since "The Time of Thin Bloods" has been a part of VtM's metaplot LONG before V5. No mention of Kindred society being under pressure due to the Second Inquisition being a thing. Or there being a power vacuum due to the Beckoning, etc.

Of course, there may be more as some of the above is based on information that hasn't been shared yet. Or being the type of thing that enters spoiler territory that you have to play the game through...

...still, to not lead with any potential V5 goodness, makes the whole "One World of Darkness" transmedia initiative seem like a farce, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                        I...actually wonder on just how much of V5's setting is being incorporated in Bloodlines 2. Especially when examining some of the other article previews, not just the trailer.

The Blood Resonance stuff and it being this game's version of "You Are What You Eat" is so far the only indication of it. The Mass Embrace thing and there being a bunch of Caitiffs...doesn't really say much of V5 specifically since "The Time of Thin Bloods" has been a part of VtM's metaplot LONG before V5. No mention of Kindred society being under pressure due to the Second Inquisition being a thing. Or there being a power vacuum due to the Beckoning, etc.

Of course, there may be more as some of the above is based on information that hasn't been shared yet. Or being the type of thing that enters spoiler territory that you have to play the game through...

...still, to not lead with any potential V5 goodness, makes the whole "One World of Darkness" transmedia initiative seem like a farce, yeah?
                        They've already said it's 5th Edition V:TM. It's more obvious in the Playthrough shown to news reporters.

Mind you, I'm confused as to what gives you the idea it wouldn't be 5th Edition?

The only difference is probably we'll have some Second Edition missions probably. It's not like the Beckoning would have a big effect on a Seattle Fledgling.

Then again, I think it's in the minds of gamers that 5th Edition isn't just V:TM with a few minor tweaks.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                          They've already said it's 5th Edition V:TM. It's more obvious in the Playthrough shown to news reporters.
                          Oh have they? Where?

Mind you, I'm confused as to what gives you the idea it wouldn't be 5th Edition?
                          My initial impression was that Bloodlines 2 was doing it's own thing separate from V5. That the guys at Hardsuit where doing mostly their own take on VtM, but not being beholden to what V5 was doing.

There's also the impression that, given the usual development time of games, and the timing of where this game seems to be at now compared to V5, wonder at how reactive the development team could have been. In order to get to the point of pre-alpha for Bloodlines 2, the game had to have started development at least a year after Paradox acquired White Wolf. At the very least, a few years before V5 was released. Video game development has a LOT more moving parts to it that tabletop RPG development doesn't have to worry about. They're not just writing up text and playtesting a game to make sure things are balanced, it also includes other moving parts like make assets, build an engine, make sure the game even starts up when booting it up, all before figuring out if the game itself is even fun. That wouldn't leave a lot of room for Bloodlines 2 to react to any changes and developments in the V5 TRPG.

Like, if they had to change or remove anything in response to all of the controversies that V5 has faced, either the changes were done in quick enough time to not impede with development, or there were no changes to be made.

Meanwhile, we've still seen nothing substantial of the Werewolf game aside from the word of its developer...in tandem with us knowing nothing new about Werewolf 5.

Comment

Does it matter a lot which edition the game is based on? Video games based on RPG's tend to take huge liberties with implementing the rules of tabletop RPG's, to make for a good gaming experience. Which is as it should be, in my opinion.

As long as the feeling of the game is right and the system works well.

I really agree that it would be great if you could do mostly non-combat successfully as well. Given that stealth playthroughs is a pretty big thing in lots of games, I think I'll feel hopeful about stealth and/or social options throughout the game.

Comment

We worked on the video game and V5 in tandem, so yes, it is based on V5.

Matthew Dawkins
                              In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: http://https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Working...
                              X