Bloodlines 2 Announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
    Guys ? What clan you find more dramatic to play in Bloodlines 2 ? I lean towards Toreador-Ventrue.
    Thin-blood!

After the one-third mark, however, I'm probably going to try out a Bruja, a Tremere and a Malkavian, in that order, based on their discipline spread. I'm not certain there's a difference in the game beyond disciplines and bane, though, so I'm just going with good discipline spreads followed by an Anarch type, a Camarilla type and a middle type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imthestein View Post
      Except for the Ravnos Chapter which is post Week of Nightmares
      The Ravnos chapter is set just before the week of nightmares, in that period of time where the war with the Kue-jin awakened the Methuselahs of the Clan.

Comment

• Truth to be told, I get the vibe Malkavians will have their own dialogue options.

Comment

• Going Tremere first, Brujah or Ventrue second and if they get to be an FLC clan which I doubt, Setites third.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Truth to be told, I get the vibe Malkavians will have their own dialogue options.

Hopefully, it will be less unintelligible than Bloodlines 1 was. The Malkavians in that game were fun, but it would really cripple my suspension of disbelief that our character would voluntarily join the clan, if they ended up communicating entirely through metaphors and internet memes.

Comment

• They already stated they would have dialogue options like in BL1. No clue how understandable they will be but that was their weakness after all.

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by Justycar View Post
                Well, I think that the first Bloodlines do lot of things very well, but the Malkavian characters was not one of them. In fact, I have read that the malkavian lines and dialogues were the last being written, with Mitsoda having no more than two days for it. Jeanett Voerman had become the first example of malkavian for lot of people, even more than Anatole (who I do not appreciate in most of their apparitions in the novels). And I do not consider Jeanette, who is even in the cover of the game, as a paradigm of malkavian. She is like Harley Queen, a sexy hysteric character with double personality, she had a sad history and a deep background behind, but that is not seen often for some the players. Furthermore, the malkavian protagonist does not have any real mental illness, his only problem is being eccentric and have a bad sense of fashion, gives to some of the players the impression that being mad is funny, and it is not. Because mental illness is about suffering, is not about being happy doing funny pranks.

Malkavians arent exactly the clan of Mental illness. They are a clan of seer/oracles which have a long history of association with those with illness which causes them to act different from norm. I actually really like the Voerman sisters because they are a great example of a high functioning Malkavian. This is not a clan of fishmalks, that do random nonsensical acts and make you question how they can survive as vampires. No one questions the sisters ability to function and thrive in vampire society. Yes, they have a mental illness but it does seem to have existed before their embrace. So it seems the clan curse simply exacerbated an illness they already had.

My point being is that if all the Malkavians were was mental illness then theres no reason the clan should have survived and be a powerful part of the Cammarilla. Theres much more to the clan then their bane. Also, the writers have already stated that one of their goals is to treat the darker sides of clan Malkavian, such as their mental illness with more care.

And no, Jeanette is not Harley Quinn nor has she even been. She was written before the modern suicide squad look for Harley even existed. And yes Mitsoda did written the Malkavian dialogue last but thats by necessity. Because of how the Malks would speak of secrets from throughout the game, they had to write the whole game first before they knew what could be referenced. You can't make hints for stuff you haven't written yet nor do you want to make references to any cut content. Mitsoda already mentioned that yes, the malk dialogue for VTMB2 will have to the last writing done again for the same reasons.
                Last edited by Wissenschaft; 05-31-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

They already stated they would have dialogue options like in BL1. No clue how understandable they will be but that was their weakness after all.
                  They've also said that they're tyring to be less hilarious and more terrifying with B2.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• I will have to disagree with few people here, I loved the Malkavian RP in Bloodlines 1.

Comment

I will have to disagree with few people here, I loved the Malkavian RP in Bloodlines 1.
                      Speaking for myself I just want to avoid Fish Malks but I know they're already trying to avoid that so I'm not too concerned.

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Comment

Speaking for myself I just want to avoid Fish Malks but I know they're already trying to avoid that so I'm not too concerned.
                        Everyone's definition of a Fishmalk varies.

I don't think of the Fledgling as one.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• They literally had an argument with a stop sign.

I'm not sure how much more fishmalk you can get without a literal fish involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maina View Post
                            They literally had an argument with a stop sign.

I'm not sure how much more fishmalk you can get without a literal fish involved.

The news anchor tells you a delightful story about a fish trying to avenge his father's death, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                              The news anchor tells you a delightful story about a fish trying to avenge his father's death, however.
                              The thing about that parable is that it's also applicable to the story.

Specifically, "Do not trust La Croix because even though he's telling you you're making a deal, he's trying to get you killed."

Comment

• Originally posted by Maina View Post
                                They literally had an argument with a stop sign.

It's also one of many moments where you otherwise have great insights into other characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X