Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodlines 2 Announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was hoping the "factions" would have referred to Camarilla, Anarch and possibly Sabbat. But during the gameplay demo, this Penny character mentions 4 different locations to meet up with them.

    4 locations: The Bar, the Coffee Shop, the Club, and the Parking Garage.

    Now I'm curious as to who they are. Since I highly doubt the Sabbat would have the patience necessary to set up a private meeting, or try to gradually recruit you throughout the game. They seem like the kind of people who are either "join or die" mentality.

    And if the 4th faction are independent, then they wouldn't even try to recruit you at all!

    Comment



    • My thoughts on the 18 minute video.

      * Love they got the same newscaster for the place.

      * Nice apartment. Much nicer than the Santa Monica one.

      * I'm iffy about the first person view. I want to see my Malkavian's pimp outfit.

      * The bad dancing is back!

      * I hope they get Lacuna Coil and Halestorm for the music.

      * I love the cell shading art as it will probably age much better than CGI. Like Borderlands it nicely stays cartoonish as well as sexy.

      * I love the sexy Tremere model even if she's flirting a bit too hard for no flirtation back.

      * I think jumping off the side of a building should be a Masquerade violation.

      * I appreciate the fact the Nosferatu want to take in a horribly disfigured Thin Blood.

      * I'm not overwhelmed so far with the combat as I don't actually give a shit about combat in this game. No one played V:TM:B for its fighting.

      * The fighting in the game looks a lot like Dishonored and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Except people already tried to do that with DARK and I'm literally the only person on the planet who played that crappy game.

      * I like the fact that we're getting options for Intimidation, Persuasion, Humanity, and other options. We're learning from Fallout 4.

      * I feel like Deadpool in the, "Is it more sexist or not sexist?" scene given I feel bad for beating to death realistic women NPCs with pipes. Way more than I do with dudes.

      * We have options on betraying on our backers in multiple ways as well as non-violent ways of resolving the conflict.


      Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

      Comment


      • So, here's another video of somebody playing the game who might be better at handling the combat than the IGN video was. You guys go ahead and decide!




        Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post


        * I feel like Deadpool in the, "Is it more sexist or not sexist?" scene given I feel bad for beating to death realistic women NPCs with pipes. Way more than I do with dudes.
        Hey, if they're shooting at me with assault rifles and semi automatic pistols, they're an enemy just like everyone else!
        Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-14-2019, 09:46 PM.

        Comment


        • FYI, the newscaster is Brian Mitsoda, the head writer of both bloodlines games. He voiced the TV news anchor from the first game.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
            I was hoping the "factions" would have referred to Camarilla, Anarch and possibly Sabbat. But during the gameplay demo, this Penny character mentions 4 different locations to meet up with them.

            4 locations: The Bar, the Coffee Shop, the Club, and the Parking Garage.

            Now I'm curious as to who they are. Since I highly doubt the Sabbat would have the patience necessary to set up a private meeting, or try to gradually recruit you throughout the game. They seem like the kind of people who are either "join or die" mentality.

            And if the 4th faction are independent, then they wouldn't even try to recruit you at all!
            I think that faction might not be as general as the normal vampire sects. After all, being part of a sect doesn't mean you have to like everyone in that sect. Similar to the factional divide between LaCroix and Strauss.

            We may see a similar intra-camarilla divide in this game between two faction leaders. Or it might be two different factions of Anarchs. There might also be some thin-bloods trying to organize. (Which could be a particularly big thing if your character is a former thin-blood, in a "remember your roots" kind of way. (Duskborn are also more typically the type to run with the Anarchs when they get organized. So they could also be an Anarch faction.))

            Comment


            • While "independent" might not be a general sect, I think that rejecting the three Sects could be an option. Assuming that Sabbat is an option at all - the current books seem more "shovelhead-y" Sabbat than anything worth looking at, but the game might change that. Granted, we might also have a switch of direction with OPP and Morpheus taking over the writing now, but so far we only have Cam and Anarch as sect options, so I'm not really sure that video game will include a Sabbat option.

              * Apparently, Thin Bloods of Nosferatu lineage can be horribly deformed.
              Missed this before, but wanted to point it out. Thin Blood of any clan can manifest their parent clan's flaw, be they Tremere, Nosferatu, Malkavian, Tziminsce, whatever. In V5, you take it as a Flaw during character creation, though storywise, its basically random chance.

              * I appreciate the fact the Nosferatu want to take in a horribly disfigured Thin Blood.
              Note that they only do this after Slugg managed to thrive in his own territory and get important information, to make a name for himself, and that's after rejecting him a first time. "We're prepared to give him another look in exchange for some information." The Nos just want to use him, not help out of some kind of altrustic or familial impulse.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MCN View Post

                Note that they only do this after Slugg managed to thrive in his own territory and get important information, to make a name for himself, and that's after rejecting him a first time. "We're prepared to give him another look in exchange for some information." The Nos just want to use him, not help out of some kind of altrustic or familial impulse.
                Yup, and Slugg explains that he's been working as an information broker for years, and the kindred still treated him like crap. They never brought him up in the ranks, and only came to him when they wanted something out of him. The whole reason he starts gathering protection (I'm assuming ghouls?) is because he wanted to be treated with some respect for once.

                Comment


                • Masked girl gets punched repeatedly in the face.

                  +10 Desire Resonance after being drained of all blood.

                  "What kind of fetishes did you have, lady?"

                  Comment




                  • If Outstar's speculation is correct, The Pioneers sound really interesting. I think I might side with them for a first play through option.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

                      Yup, and Slugg explains that he's been working as an information broker for years, and the kindred still treated him like crap. They never brought him up in the ranks, and only came to him when they wanted something out of him. The whole reason he starts gathering protection (I'm assuming ghouls?) is because he wanted to be treated with some respect for once.
                      Mind you, Kindred are assholes in general.

                      Slugg may not be THAT differently treated.



                      Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                      Comment


                      • So, has anybody else noticed that the powers listed for each discipline are called "Active" abilities? This has me hoping that we might also see some Passive abilities at some point in the game.

                        Unfortunately, I'm also nervous that said passives will be these vague "power ups" of the Active abilities.

                        Comment


                        • So far the game looks dissapointing to me. The combat is atrocious and the animation dont inspire any confidence. Just compare it to cyberpunk or dying light 2 and it reality falls short. The should postpone it. March 2020 is too early for this game. No way they will polish this game enough before launch. i reality hope i am wrong about all this but it looks to be an average game at best
                          .
                          Last edited by blackshade; 09-08-2019, 04:44 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by blackshade View Post
                            So far the game looks dissapointing to me. The combat is atrocious and the animation dont inspire any confidence. Just compare it to cyberpunk or dying light 2 and it reality falls short. The should postpone it. March 2020 is too early for this game. No way they will polish this game enough before launch. i reality hope i am wrong about all this but it looks to be an average game at best
                            .
                            I think people who want photorealistic graphics in every game are a big part of what's wrong with the industry today.


                            Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

                              I think people who want photorealistic graphics in every game are a big part of what's wrong with the industry today.

                              Indeed, plus the footage is PRE-ALPHA, so of course it's got some kinks to work out.

                              That being said, I did notice in one demo play that the character's head clipped backwards into their torso, after the player slugged them in the face.

                              It reminded me of the scene in the opening of Bloodlines 1, where they simulated decapitating your sire, by just flipping their head upside down.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

                                I think people who want photorealistic graphics in every game are a big part of what's wrong with the industry today.
                                Who's asking for photorealism in every game?

                                In general, people investing in something that's supposed to be a AAA quality game, want appropriately good graphics. If the creators want to do a stylistic thing? Cool! Plenty of games are popular without photorealism, but they have a strong (often unique and endearing) visual style to them. But half-assing it so the game like it quality photorealism from a decade ago just makes the game look bad and outdated. People want "every" game to have a purposeful visual style, which is not something wrong with the industry.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X