Bloodlines 2 Announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackshade View Post
    So far the game looks dissapointing to me. The combat is atrocious and the animation dont inspire any confidence. Just compare it to cyberpunk or dying light 2 and it reality falls short. The should postpone it. March 2020 is too early for this game. No way they will polish this game enough before launch. i reality hope i am wrong about all this but it looks to be an average game at best

Looks like the combat and animation will match well with the original Bloodlines then; which had the same issues, but OOZED personality and atmosphere.

And it's a classic.

I'm more concerned with Bloodlines 2's writing and characters.

The Final Frontier

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I think people who want photorealistic graphics in every game are a big part of what's wrong with the industry today.

I think people who can't respect other people's opinion are a big part of what's wrong with society today nevermind any industry.

Did i even mention graphics? What has graphics to do with anything i said? i said bad combat and animations.But now that you have mentioned it, yeah the graphics aren't that great either.

Comment

• double post

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

Looks like the combat and animation will match well with the original Bloodlines then; which had the same issues, but OOZED personality and atmosphere.

And it's a classic.

I'm more concerned with Bloodlines 2's writing and characters.

So are okay with a 2020 game having the same shitty animations and combat as a 2004 game?

Comment

So are okay with a 2020 game having the same shitty animations and combat as a 2004 game?

I played the absolute hell out of Bloodlines 1, losing count of how many times I finished the story after 10 or so play throughs.

Animation doesn't have to be AAA perfection, as long as the story is enjoyable enough to keep me coming back.
            Last edited by Nyrufa; 09-09-2019, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Will it have a similar atmosphere, music, and personality Bloodlines had?

Then yes.

The Final Frontier

Comment

So far the game looks dissapointing to me. The combat is atrocious and the animation dont inspire any confidence. Just compare it to cyberpunk or dying light 2 and it reality falls short. The should postpone it. March 2020 is too early for this game. No way they will polish this game enough before launch. i reality hope i am wrong about all this but it looks to be an average game at best
                Combat is my biggest fear for the game. It looked really, really bad.

Comment

• The combat did look awful but, on a more hopeful note, I feel that it speaks well of them to make the "Pioneers" and the Camarilla two separate factions. Usually, you'd expect old money, antiquated, trying to hold on to their power City Founders-type of characters to be tailor made for the Camarilla. That they are leaves me hopeful for the subtlety of the writing and the complexity of the characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kammerer View Post
                    Combat is my biggest fear for the game. It looked really, really bad.
                    That's a understatement. Some of the worst combat i have ever seen. Anybody thinking they are going to fix this before launch is fooling themselves. Can't believe people are buying into 'this is pre alpha gameplay' marketing bullshit.

Will the end result be better then what we have seen so far? ofcourse, but not by enough to make it any good. We are 6 months from release. We have all seen this many times in the past. If the game looks mediocre this close to release, it will be mediocre by release. This game won't be the exception.

I am sure vtm hardcore fans will enjoy it, just cause it's a game in their beloved universe but i was just hoping for a game that can compete with the best of the genre in the year 2019/2020 not early 2000s. This universe has so much potential for a great rpg, it's a shame they gave the rights to a mediocre studio like hardsuit labs. I am sorry if i sound harsh but have they ever made a good game?

But who knows i might be wrong about all this and i get to eat my words. Here is hoping.

Comment

• I think the combat should be clunky and chaotic because the game should discourage you from trying to go on a killing spree.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I think the combat should be clunky and chaotic because the game should discourage you from trying to go on a killing spree.

I'm curious to hear about the different feeding methods, because they mentioned a Light, Full and Lethal feeding.

Up to now, I thought the demo player was draining people to death in combat, but apparently that's not the case. They're draining them to the point of knocking them unconscious, which has me wondering if this game will allow for other ways to incapacitate enemies, without having to outright kill them.

Comment

That's a understatement. Some of the worst combat i have ever seen. Anybody thinking they are going to fix this before launch is fooling themselves. Can't believe people are buying into 'this is pre alpha gameplay' marketing bullshit.

Will the end result be better then what we have seen so far? ofcourse, but not by enough to make it any good. We are 6 months from release. We have all seen this many times in the past. If the game looks mediocre this close to release, it will be mediocre by release. This game won't be the exception.

If there's anything I've noticed about Paradox, it's that they don't just churn out games and then forget about them. They continue to support it's development for years to come. Games like Crusader Kings and Stellaris are still getting new updates and DLC to this day. And usually, this DLC adds new mechanics, or greatly improves upon the game's original design.

I'm not naive enough to think this game will be perfect upon release (then again, neither was Bloodlines 1), but looking at the previous work Paradox has been involved in, I'm inclined to believe things will improve over time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

If there's anything I've noticed about Paradox, it's that they don't just churn out games and then forget about them. They continue to support it's development for years to come. Games like Crusader Kings and Stellaris are still getting new updates and DLC to this day. And usually, this DLC adds new mechanics, or greatly improves upon the game's original design.

I'm not naive enough to think this game will be perfect upon release (then again, neither was Bloodlines 1), but looking at the previous work Paradox has been involved in, I'm inclined to believe things will improve over time.
                            Paradox is just the publisher not the developer unlike the games you mentioned. Hardsuit labs makes the game and they have a shady track record.

Comment

I think the combat should be clunky and chaotic because the game should discourage you from trying to go on a killing spree.
                              Combat in Pathologic 2 is slow and lethal and discouraging from any battle but ones you are sure you have an advantage in. Combat in Bloodlines 2 just looks badly made.

Comment

• Third faction reveal finally, it's the Anarchs!

Comment

Working...
                                X