Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloodlines 2 Announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post

    I agree with Nyrufa (although I also like the idea that it's a Ministry thing), but as opposed to which fake Anarch faction(s)?

    Oh, crap, I didn't even think about the Ministry as a possibility!

    Comment


    • Basically, I'm all about freedom for Kindred and overthrowing the man. This seems more like a mafia don thing.



      Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
        Well, if you've never heard of them before, you wouldn't have thought to google them.
        I meant right now, as part of the discussion. Instead of wasting energy and everyone's time opining about why you don't know something, look it up.

        The greatest repository of humankind's knowledge that has ever existed is at your fingertips, and instead of using it to learn, you used it to complain that other people didn't teach you what they should have. That says something, and makes one wonder how much blame those others really had for the current state of affairs.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
          I meant right now, as part of the discussion. Instead of wasting energy and everyone's time opining about why you don't know something, look it up.

          The greatest repository of humankind's knowledge that has ever existed is at your fingertips, and instead of using it to learn, you used it to complain that other people didn't teach you what they should have. That says something, and makes one wonder how much blame those others really had for the current state of affairs.
          Those who complain of other's ignorance should teach instead.


          Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
            Those who complain of other's ignorance should teach instead.
            Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
            FWIW:
            POTUS = President of the United States
            SCOTUS = Supreme Court of the United States
            Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
            Instead of wasting energy and everyone's time opining about why you don't know something, look it up.
            I agree. That's why I provided a fish and fishing lessons both.

            Comment


            • It was my understanding we decided to bring our focus back to Bloodlines 2?

              I just now realized that it seems very odd that this Lou character would have her role as Prince usurped by Cross, and still manage to survive after the fact. I was under the impression that most Princes tend to go down swinging?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                It was my understanding we decided to bring our focus back to Bloodlines 2?

                I just now realized that it seems very odd that this Lou character would have her role as Prince usurped by Cross, and still manage to survive after the fact. I was under the impression that most Princes tend to go down swinging?
                Most, but definitely not all. A good example of a prince leaving/losing the throne without losing their unlife is Maxwell, right out of Chicago by Night.


                “Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                (She/Her)

                Comment


                • The prince looks like a badass!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post

                    Most, but definitely not all. A good example of a prince leaving/losing the throne without losing their unlife is Maxwell, right out of Chicago by Night.
                    Weirdly, Lodin says in Chicago V5 that it's actually tradition not to kill the Prince if you usurp him.

                    Hence what happened to Joseph Peterson.

                    The Anarchs doing it to Don Sebastian is actually part of why it was iffy to the Camarilla (that and coups against Princes aren't actually that big of a deal to most of the Elders).


                    Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                      Weirdly, Lodin says in Chicago V5 that it's actually tradition not to kill the Prince if you usurp him.
                      He clearly thought differently in 1871:
                      "With a small band of Toreador and fellow Ventrue, he attacked Maxwell in the Brujah's East Side mansion. Expecting a swift, one-sided struggle, the usuprers found Maxwell much stronger than they had anticipated. Many was decapitated by Maxwell's saber before one of the Toreador managed to tear his arm off. Maxwell escaped through a window and has not been seen in the city since." - CbN 2ed, p.19.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Imthestein View Post
                        I'm beginning to think Bloodlines 2 will have Gangrel next, then Nosferatu, then maybe Banu Haqim. But I don't think we're ever going to get Lasombra or Setites given 2/3 of their Disciplines are signatures of other Clans, whereas their Signatures can at least be treated like how Tremere call Blood Sorcery Thaumaturgy with unique abilities and Malkavians call Dominate Dementation with their unique abilities.
                        As long as the first two DLC clans sell well they will keep making them until they stop selling well, or run out of clans and bloodlines to sell. That's Paradox's M.O.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Jargal View Post

                          He clearly thought differently in 1871:
                          "With a small band of Toreador and fellow Ventrue, he attacked Maxwell in the Brujah's East Side mansion. Expecting a swift, one-sided struggle, the usuprers found Maxwell much stronger than they had anticipated. Many was decapitated by Maxwell's saber before one of the Toreador managed to tear his arm off. Maxwell escaped through a window and has not been seen in the city since." - CbN 2ed, p.19.
                          This has always been how I've presented Maxwell. I've never presented him as anything but the survivor of a violent coup that wanted him dead, but not enough to follow him after seizing power themselves.

                          In my current Camarilla chronicle, I've had Maxwell return to Chicago to regain influence since the death of Lodin. I've read some of the V5 core and bits posted from other books, like V5 CbN, and so far, I'm not digging the socio-political situation.

                          It's not that it's a bad setup. It just throws too many canon characters into the personality blender for my tastes. V5 canon characters don't feel like themselves anymore, at times.

                          I don't think I'm the only one noticing the pattern of narratively convenient personality transplants, that started with BJD, and are all over V5. Some I understand, like making Vykos more sociable. Some, like the movers and shakers of Chicago, strike me as unnecessary. I question the overall value of rehashing the first VtM "by night" in the first place, though. Ymmv, of course.


                          “Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                          - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                          (She/Her)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post

                            This has always been how I've presented Maxwell. I've never presented him as anything but the survivor of a violent coup that wanted him dead, but not enough to follow him after seizing power themselves.

                            In my current Camarilla chronicle, I've had Maxwell return to Chicago to regain influence since the death of Lodin. I've read some of the V5 core and bits posted from other books, like V5 CbN, and so far, I'm not digging the socio-political situation.

                            It's not that it's a bad setup. It just throws too many canon characters into the personality blender for my tastes. V5 canon characters don't feel like themselves anymore, at times.

                            I don't think I'm the only one noticing the pattern of narratively convenient personality transplants, that started with BJD, and are all over V5. Some I understand, like making Vykos more sociable. Some, like the movers and shakers of Chicago, strike me as unnecessary. I question the overall value of rehashing the first VtM "by night" in the first place, though. Ymmv, of course.
                            I'll be interested in what you think of Maxwell's fate when it's published.

                            Mind you, I easily think Chicago by Night 5E is the greatest supplement since the original so I might not be the best character for this.

                            I'd be very interested in your opinion on the CBN characters as well.


                            Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                            Comment


                            • I hope this game will go well but I will remain sceptical about it until I can see the final product.

                              And in my opinion naming it as "Bloodlines 2" was a mistake which I hope won't come to bite the game in the end.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Gurkhal View Post
                                I hope this game will go well but I will remain sceptical about it until I can see the final product.

                                And in my opinion naming it as "Bloodlines 2" was a mistake which I hope won't come to bite the game in the end.
                                Bloodlines is a cult classic which is arguably better known than Vampire: The Masquerade itself now.

                                It's now a huge success.

                                But that's because of Steam and modding.


                                Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X