Clear All

• Nicolas Milioni
    started a topic Bloodlines 2 Announced.

Bloodlines 2 Announced.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5..._Bloodlines_2/
    Here it is guys.

• Spencer from The Hills
    replied
    My impression of the Camarilla in this game is that they're exclusive, but they impose their authority over everyone else too. And as described in their paragraph on the website, "The Long Game", they do so in such a way that benefits most outsiders enough to deter revolution. A bit like Invictus. The other factions don't necessarily accept it because they like it, but because they don't have the resources or strategy to do anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Cifer
    replied
    Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    What I mean to say is that they are sub-factions within the organization itself. They may technically be considered members of the Camarilla, but their ultimate goals lie elsewhere outside of Cross' plans.
    No, they most likely aren't. Again: The new Camarilla are the 1%. Everyone else is not part of the ivory tower, even though many of them still won't be able to ignore a Prince's decrees. Compared to pre-V5, it's basically reversed:
    Previously, everyone was (nominally) part of the Cam, including many members who just wanted to be left alone. Declaring yourself an Anarch was a political statement that conveyed your rejection of the system.
    Now, being part of the Camarilla means being special - it means the Prince thinks you're worth the danger of staying in contact with in times of the Second Inquisition. If you're not worth that, you're nominally an Anarch, which means the faction called Anarchs contains quite a few people who aren't interested in actual Anarch beliefs and would rather be part of the Camarilla again if they could.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Originally posted by Cifer View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. After all, there is no longer an umbrella - the Camarilla has massively pulled back from its "everyone is part of us" approach and now only contains the people they think are valuable. Everyone else is technically an Anarch, even though they do business with and get bullied by the Camarilla.

What I mean to say is that they are sub-factions within the organization itself. They may technically be considered members of the Camarilla, but their ultimate goals lie elsewhere outside of Cross' plans.

After all, it seems very strange for the Camarilla to hand any degree of territory over to the Anarchs, now that they've officially declared themselves split from the sect. And once again, The Baron's page makes no reference to the Anarchs at all. They come across more as a mercenary crime syndicate, than a bunch of rebels fighting for freedom.
    Last edited by Nyrufa; 10-18-2019, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cifer
    replied
    I wouldn't be too sure about that. After all, there is no longer an umbrella - the Camarilla has massively pulled back from its "everyone is part of us" approach and now only contains the people they think are valuable. Everyone else is technically an Anarch, even though they do business with and get bullied by the Camarilla.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Okay, so if I understand the situation correctly, all of the playable factions are subsidiaries to The Camarilla itself. They technically fall under its umbrella, but they have their own objectives they're trying to achieve. This would explain why "The Baron" is willing to perform dirty jobs for folks like the Camarilla, and their faction page makes no mention at all of any kind of Anarch movement.

It could also explain why some factions which we would normally assume to be clan specific are willing to extend their hand to members of other clans.

Leave a comment:

• GilbyTheFat
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

Yes. This. Shout it from the roof-tops. Write this as a guiding philosophy on the wall in letters of fire.
    I'm not sure what tone to interpret this as having. Half of my brain is going "see, people get it" and the other half is yelling "OY! MATE! GRPGR IS BEING SARCASTIC!"

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    Originally posted by GilbyTheFat View Post
    Better it got pushed back to later in the year than get released with a load of flaws and then get buried a month later when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out and takes all the attention.

Yes. This. Shout it from the roof-tops. Write this as a guiding philosophy on the wall in letters of fire.

Leave a comment:

• GilbyTheFat
    replied
    Originally posted by Reasor View Post
    I'd rather see it delayed than rushed out the door.
    Better it got pushed back to later in the year than get released with a load of flaws and then get buried a month later when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out and takes all the attention.

Leave a comment:

• Cifer
    replied
    Originally posted by Reasor View Post
    But will it be a true Bloodlines successor if it's actually finished at release?

Leave a comment:

• Reasor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Maina
    replied
    For those who posted concerns that the game couldn't be ready by the original release date, the game's release has been pushed back to later in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    You know, I was going to make my first Ventrue side with The Baron, as part of "came from nothing" type of background. But now, I think I want to make them side with The Unseen.

There's just something oddly intriguing about the thought of a Lord dressed in tattered rags and lurking around the slimy underbelly of the city's streets and sewers.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Final Faction Revealed: The Unseen.

Disappointed it's not the Sabbat, but this confirms Nosferatu will eventually be made playable. So I can be happy about that.

It also seems to indicate that most (if not all) of the factions are subsidiaries of the Camarilla as a whole. I'm not completely sure about The Baron, but it seems like both the Pioneers and the Newcomers are working alongside Camarilla interests. At least until they amass enough power to climb out from under their boot.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    4th Faction reveal.

The Newcomers, who seem to be the Tremere, or Pyramid that was alluded to in the demo video.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X