Clear All

• Nicolas Milioni
    started a topic Bloodlines 2 Announced.

Bloodlines 2 Announced.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5..._Bloodlines_2/
    Here it is guys.

• CTPhipps
    replied
    A good interview with lots of new information on Bloodlines 2 as well as its delays.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

Well, that is just disappointing. And I was working on a mod to give my character sparkly dancing shoes so he could join.
    One interesting fact is the shoes he's wearing are the Pope's shoes.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    My opinion is, for example, that Prince Cross isn't going to Fred Astair in front of us.
    Well, that is just disappointing. And I was working on a mod to give my character sparkly dancing shoes so he could join.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    Just as a priest can turn every conversation to God.
    And just like that, a priest can get one step closer to excommunication.

Don't feed the ire. The Edition Wars are over.

I find it a litlle... eh.. unbelievable though. Like the dude knows he's playing a character, and knows he's not doing a good job of it; Whats his motivation for that? (I am primarily refering to the guy from the last trailer who asserts "We only have one rule")

Lots of Character-Characters. Few people-characters. That's what I see, and whilst VTMB had a handful of those, most characters could be seen as people, and the few that were character-characters were actually well done and were funny/intriguing for at least the first playthrough. I still find myself impersonating the lines of Fat Larry and the Taxi driver after all. The characters of VTMB2 look like they've come for a quota on quirk, rather than something organic that fits the world.
    I think it may be time to wait until we actually have the game before we establish any of this. My opinion is, for example, that Prince Cross isn't going to Fred Astair in front of us.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Mulengro View Post
    Even in a thread not about V5, MyWifeIsScary finds a way to shit it up and complain about V5
    Report complaints, please don't say them.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Originally posted by Mulengro View Post
    Even in a thread not about V5, MyWifeIsScary finds a way to shit it up and complain about V5

Just as a priest can turn every conversation to God.
    Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

Lot's of people who think they are cocky and or confident are unlikeable to everyone else and sound dumb with an unappealing voice.
    I find it a litlle... eh.. unbelievable though. Like the dude knows he's playing a character, and knows he's not doing a good job of it; Whats his motivation for that? (I am primarily refering to the guy from the last trailer who asserts "We only have one rule")

Lots of Character-Characters. Few people-characters. That's what I see, and whilst VTMB had a handful of those, most characters could be seen as people, and the few that were character-characters were actually well done and were funny/intriguing for at least the first playthrough. I still find myself impersonating the lines of Fat Larry and the Taxi driver after all. The characters of VTMB2 look like they've come for a quota on quirk, rather than something organic that fits the world.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    ...I find them rather unlikeable, because they're just saying or doing dumb shit in an unappealing voice. Cocky and confident are different things after all.
    Lot's of people who think they are cocky and or confident are unlikeable to everyone else and sound dumb with an unappealing voice.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    I find them rather unlikeable, because they're just saying or doing dumb shit in an unappealing voice. Cocky and confident are different things after all.
    Have you...have you played the original Bloodlines?

Serious question.

Leave a comment:

• Mulengro
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spencer from The Hills
    replied
    Physical disciplines in V5 are metaphysically different. Celerity, for example; In VTM, VTMB and VTMB2, celerity can be seen to work by essentially speeding up time, which is why you ignore velocity and don't uncontrolably fling yourself forward whenever you move at super speed, why you can still use all your dice to shoot someone even though you should be moving too fast for that much cognition, and why you don't do extra damage when you hit someone (Untill you get to elder levels where rules can be bent) or recieve extra damage when they hit you (Ok, it's simplified for gameplay reasons, but that's basically how it works) While in V5, Celerity is simply a big collection of speed powers. Potence and fortitude are easier arguments to make because they're very simple and all encompassing outside of V5 whilst in V5 each dot of potence/Fortitude carries a highly specific power...

So, yeah, if VTMB2 treats celerity as just "slow mo", Potence as just a "super strength" ability that can do all things at once (Super jump, super lift, super throw, extra damage) and fortitude as a very simple "reduce all the damage" then it'd be a step away from V5. The simpler the system, the better, and the less like V5 it is, which is also good.
    The disciplines have already been described on the game's website. Every discipline, including the three physical ones, has two distinct powers (except for Thaumaturgy, which has three), which improve in some way as more dots in the discipline are invested. The Celerity that you're talking about is probably "Accelerate", unlocked at Celerity 3.

Apart from that, the diciplines have been interpreted loosely for the sake of gameplay, much like in VTMB1. So they're distinct from any pen and paper version of VtM, although they have more in common with what you'd call VTM disciplines: there are no choices within discipline progression, Dementation is a discipline rather than an amalgam and thinbloods have new disciplines (I think you pick one of three) rather than thinblood alchemy.

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Originally posted by elmerg View Post
    That 'doiesn't mean 'oh look they're ignoring V5!' Otherwise, the devs on both sides have openly stated that they were developed in tandem (some powerrs were developed for BL2 first and ported to tabletop, and vice-versa), and that the material and plot and such will mesh with V5.
    Physical disciplines in V5 are metaphysically different. Celerity, for example; In VTM, VTMB and VTMB2, celerity can be seen to work by essentially speeding up time, which is why you ignore velocity and don't uncontrolably fling yourself forward whenever you move at super speed, why you can still use all your dice to shoot someone even though you should be moving too fast for that much cognition, and why you don't do extra damage when you hit someone (Untill you get to elder levels where rules can be bent) or recieve extra damage when they hit you (Ok, it's simplified for gameplay reasons, but that's basically how it works) While in V5, Celerity is simply a big collection of speed powers. Potence and fortitude are easier arguments to make because they're very simple and all encompassing outside of V5 whilst in V5 each dot of potence/Fortitude carries a highly specific power...

So, yeah, if VTMB2 treats celerity as just "slow mo", Potence as just a "super strength" ability that can do all things at once (Super jump, super lift, super throw, extra damage) and fortitude as a very simple "reduce all the damage" then it'd be a step away from V5. The simpler the system, the better, and the less like V5 it is, which is also good.

But, the trailer is too tacky.
    There's good camp, there's bad camp. I'm not a stranger to this. I feel this trailer just doesn't look good. A few short flashes of scenes look nice, but the stuff it puts a lot of time into doesn't look good. If it turns out the dead family are of plot importance, it might be a really good scene, if it's just whacky antics, it's tired and dumb. World of Darkness has some great camp stuff, it's a fucking satire after all, but a lot of recent writings have proven they're not all that adept with such material. I for one feel like a lot of vampires in these trailers are trying to show charisma and are failing at it, because I find them rather unlikeable, because they're just saying or doing dumb shit in an unappealing voice. Cocky and confident are different things after all.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    The art reminds me a bit of Borderlands and the Outer Worlds.

Stylized art compensates for a AA budget.

Leave a comment:

• Haberdasher
    replied
    The animations certainly look less janky to me than from last year, which is much appreciated.

I certainly don't think the Mr. Damp scene is meant to be humorous. The intention is clearly to create a sense of foreboding and dread by juxtaposing his inhumanity with a light-hearted pop song.

Personally- and people are welcome to disagree with me on this- Masquerade has always had an undercurrent of camp to it, as only something made in the early 90s could. There's horror and mystery, sure, but with a pulp sensibility that keeps things from getting too grim and self-important. So juxtaposing Damp's antics, the Prince(?) dancing in his office, and all the other stuff fits. The soul of the World of Horror is heavily rooted in a late 80s/early 90s aesthetic and sensibility, and nothing will ever change that.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    I will say this trailer fell pretty flat for me. I didn't dislike it, but it didn't show me anything that made me particularly excited about the game, other than the one moment when the guy those the axe at you and you catch it. That was kind of cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X