Thin-Blooded Diablerie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thin-Blooded Diablerie

Obviously their is little to gain from consuming the souls of thin-bloods, BUT some thin bloods DO have disciplines through a merit. And under rules for diablerie the book states:

"Every success gives the diablerist 5 experience points to immediately spend on increasing Blood Potency (to a maximum up to the victim’s Blood Potency which in this case is 0) or on disciplines known by the victim."

RAW this would suggest Thin-Bloods could hunt each other for disciplines, and I was curious how some STs here feel about that?
    Last edited by Houston810; 05-13-2019, 08:26 PM.

Thin Bloods could buy Thin Blood Alchemy from another Thin Blood who had it, but unless both Thin Bloods had the Discipline Affinity Merit, the diablerist couldn't get a Discipline from the target as they can't manifest it. Specific rules (Thin Bloods need the Merit to get a single Discipline) trump general rules (buy Disciplines a target has from Diablerie). .

Comment

"RAW this would suggest Thin-Bloods could hunt each other for disciplines."

Funny you should say that. No one has the mental fortitude and depravity enough to commit multiple diableries for disciplines, lest of all Thin-Bloods who are closest to their Humanity. I can see a character like this being an antagonist maybe, but not a trend or a phenomena among Thin-Bloods, not by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post

Funny you should say that. No one has the mental fortitude and depravity enough to commit multiple diableries for disciplines, lest of all Thin-Bloods who are closest to their Humanity. I can see a character like this being an antagonist maybe, but not a trend or a phenomena among Thin-Bloods, not by a long shot.

You say that as if there wouldn't be Thin Bloods out there who are so desperate to escape the persecution levied against them, that they'd begin diablerizing other Thin Bloods in preparation for taking down a full clan member.

Before you're ready to tackle the bigger challenges, you've got to start small and work your way up.

Comment

I'd argue it's impossible to diablerize a Thin Blood as they'd just die.

They are, however, vampires enough for Elders to feed on.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post
            Thin Bloods could buy Thin Blood Alchemy from another Thin Blood who had it, but unless both Thin Bloods had the Discipline Affinity Merit, the diablerist couldn't get a Discipline from the target as they can't manifest it. Specific rules (Thin Bloods need the Merit to get a single Discipline) trump general rules (buy Disciplines a target has from Diablerie). .
            I see the diablerie rule as the specific, ie Thin-bloods generally dont have disciplines except when consuming certain resonate bloods, when they obtain it through alchemy, when they manifest brand new ones, and when they have an affinity for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post

If I were immortal I would kill for super powers....

Comment

Originally posted by Houston810 View Post

If I were immortal I would kill for super powers....

And then go crazy.. wights are sort of a self solving problem for "I'm going to just keep diabing"

Comment

Wights are what happens after three to seven diableries, not after a single one. Let's not blow this out of proportion.

Comment

Aajav and Tariq look pretty sane to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                      I'd argue it's impossible to diablerize a Thin Blood as they'd just die.

Well yeah, that's kind of what happens to every vampire who gets diablerized... unless they have ridiculous amounts of willpower.

Diablerists don't just drain the blood, they drain the victim's very soul as well. So, unless Thin Bloods are walking around without a soul, I don't see why they couldn't be Diablerized like any other vampire.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

Well yeah, that's kind of what happens to every vampire who gets diablerized... unless they have ridiculous amounts of willpower.

Diablerists don't just drain the blood, they drain the victim's very soul as well. So, unless Thin Bloods are walking around without a soul, I don't see why they couldn't be Diablerized like any other vampire.
                        The idea they're closer to ghouls than vampires.

You can't diablerize a human.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by Houston810 View Post

I see the diablerie rule as the specific, ie Thin-bloods generally dont have disciplines except when consuming certain resonate bloods, when they obtain it through alchemy, when they manifest brand new ones, and when they have an affinity for it.

The diablerie rule explains how the rules overall work, thus being a general rule. The Thin Blood rule about not having Disciplines without the Merit. is specific about Thin Bloods. I mean, it's your game, you can do what you want with the rules. By by RAW, Thin Bloods can't have a full Discipline without that Merit.

If Thin Blood A doesn't have the Merit, and eats Thin Blood B that does, it doesn't matter that he can buy Disciplines because of the general diablerie rules. Thin Blood A doesn't have the Merit and, as such, wouldn't be able to buy the Discipline, because of the specific Thin Blood rules.

Comment

I would refer to page 130 the Golden rule. "This is the most important rule of all, and the only real rule worth following: There are no rules.", and "Think of this book as a collection of guidelines: suggested but not mandatory ways of capturing the World of Darkness in the format of a game." The books do have reference to an 11th gen thin-blood and such and in Beckett's Jyhad Diary it marks out what the world of vampire can include. Thin-bloods don't have to be marked by a specific generation nor do Caitiff.

I would also refer to page 111 where it says "Among the dusk-born, the lines are blurred." Thin-bloods are whatever you need them to be for your story and are a by-product of the Gehenna plotline somewhat. So what does your story say they are?

Looking at the world of darkness as a whole you could say that the diablerist's blood thickened by the act of diablerie and even though they are 14-15 gen they lose the thin-blood traits and become a regular Vampire with blood potency 1 and be unable to raise it due to their generation. You could say that Thin-bloods are not potent enough to benefit at all from diablerie as Dr. Netchurch's findings suggest that their blood is diluted or they are unable to access its full potential. You could also say that a character with the Discipline Affinity can benefit if the victim had it as well. In the end, it is up to you and your ST to decide what is best for your game.

In my game since most of the players are fledgeling vampires, I would probably quicken the Thin-Blood blood by the willful act of drinking the soul of another thin-blood and have him become Caitiff with the first discipline dot being that of the one he gained. He would gain blood potency 1 and have a max of Blood potency 1 due to his generation not lowering and he would be an oddity in the game similar to Jenna Cross who is an 11th Generation Thin-Blood. His personal story would partly be about him dealing with being a true vampire now and loosing more of his connection to humanity.

If I was in an all Thin-blood game I would look to see how it would affect the balance of the game and decided if it worked or not and it might not be a consistent thing in the game either as it might not work a second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                              Wights are what happens after three to seven diableries, not after a single one. Let's not blow this out of proportion.
                              Diablerie also takes away part of your sanity from the first time.

Comment

Working...
                              X