Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Fatuus Mastery and Army of Apparitions stack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Fatuus Mastery and Army of Apparitions stack?

I don't see anything in the rules to say they wouldn't, but that would seem to make a 7th generation Ravnos nearly unstoppable.

I'm going to take the lack of reactions as a "duh, yes."

Comment

What are the rules for "Army of Apparitions"? Can't find it in the Core book, where is it from?

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

I'm not sure where the "unstoppable" part is coming from, Army of Apparitions (DA companion) lets you make multiple illusions of creatures and Fatuus Mastery lets you control them with less concentration at long distance, but it's still only going to be up to 10 moving images...

Handy for intimidation, but not much else, it's not like they can fight, certainly the fluff doesn't suggest anything else...

... opponents have been known to rout from artificial cavalry charges, flee from illusory packs of hungry werewolves or attempt to board and capture ghostly galleys
        Not be hurt by any of these illusions.
        Last edited by jamiemalk; 05-15-2019, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiemalk View Post
          I'm not sure where the "unstoppable" part is coming from, Army of Apparitions (DA companion) lets you make multiple illusions of creatures and Fatuus Mastery lets you control them with less concentration at long distance, but it's still only going to be up to 10 moving images...

Handy for intimidation, but not much else, it's not like they can fight, certainly the fluff doesn't suggest anything else...

Not be hurt by any of these illusions.
          Army of apparitions allows you to make multiple examples of apparitions, the level three power, but there is a cost to it.

"...Must spend a blood point for each moving apparition after the first."

A cost that Fatuus mastery negates

"Fatuus Mastery negates the Willpower and blood cost for using the first three levels of Chimerstry."

With this combo you can spam an infinite number of illusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post

Army of apparitions allows you to make multiple examples of apparitions, the level three power, but there is a cost to it.

"Fatuus Mastery negates the Willpower and blood cost for using the first three levels of Chimerstry."

With this combo you can spam an infinite number of illusions.
            She can create a number individual images equal to her willpower rating
            Yes, but there is a top limit of apparitions, your willpower, so a maximum of 10. And still just illusions, incapable of physically doing anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post

Army of Apparitions doesn't have a WPR cost to create an illusion - it costs 1 blood per illusion after the first, and its description makes no explicit requirement for the illusions to have been pre-created by Chimerstry levels 1-3. Apparition (Chimerstry level 3) adds a cost of 1 blood to the cost of creating a Chimerstry level 1 (1 WPR) or 2 (1 WPR + 1 blood) illusion. My position for any player trying to create innumerable free illusions would be that they are two distinct powers, and that use of Chimerstry 6: Army of Apparitions does not involve use of Chimerstry 3: Apparition, and therefore Fatuus Mastery's WPR/blood cost negation for Chimerstry levels 1-3 would not apply.
              Last edited by MalleusXXIII; 05-23-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X