Could you do this with Viccissitude?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you do this with Viccissitude?

This image jumped at me on pinterest, and I was like "my god, I have to have this for a Tzimisce archbishop..."

I realize some might think this is too much. But why, exactly? Is there any reason you couldn't do this with Viccissitude, if you were sufficiently deranged? What do you guys think?

The first problem Vicissitude always runs into is that you can't create new material, so those massive horns would likely need to be hollow and it would cost a few ribs to create them. The rest seems doable, though you'd probably still need more or less useable eyes to see through.

Comment

A few ways to create that image off the top of my head.

1. Vicissitude **** - That is the visual produced when the vampire uses the Horrid Form ability.
      2. Obfuscate *** - The form is just an illusion projected using Mask of a Thousand Faces
      3. Combination of Vicissitude to create the horns, then the vampire uses Masque of Death from the "Corpse in the Monster" Necromancy path to create the skeletal aspect.

It all just depends how you want to use the various rules.

Comment

@Thoth

A Tzimisce with Cappadocian Necromancy? I shudder at the thought....

Furthermore, I believe Carthage should be destroyed.

Comment

the horns don't have to come from the Tzimisce's own body, do they?

-

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post
            the horns don't have to come from the Tzimisce's own body, do they?
            They technically don't, but then they're also not considered part of the body, so they can't be further shaped with Vicissitude or regenerated.

Comment

but wait now, didn't Velya the Vivisectionist back in Children of the Night graft a little girl that he Embraced to his own back? If so, perhaps the material for the horns could somehow be remnants from another vampire's body?

Another option would be that the vampire depicted here had some kind of abnormal bone growth disorder while he was mortal, like the Elephant Man, and has used all that excess bone to reshape his body in this dramatic fashion.

As a fallback option, there's no telling how they'll redesign viccisitude in V5, which is the ruleset I planned to use for this campaign. I'll have to do a a lot of rules tweaking to make all the Sabbat bloodlines and paths and stuff work in V5, so I might as well design my own Viccissitude that, at high levels, allows for some ability to make flesh and bone increase in volume.
              Last edited by Natsymir; 05-13-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                They technically don't, but then they're also not considered part of the body, so they can't be further shaped with Vicissitude or regenerated.
                So then, how to War Ghouls and Vohzd work?
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 05-13-2019, 07:34 PM.

Comment

There is a Vicissitude level 6 power called Craft Life to Life, or something on those lines if my memory serves me right, which allows one to take some extra material from other beings and make them a part of you. This is the way one can add extra functioning hands and arms for example and it could easily be used to take bone from someone else to craft those horns on you.

So an Elder could achieve this, and since your speaking of an Archbishop Vicissitude 6 isn’t too far

The not having eyes thing is likely the most difficult part of this equation. So either you would have to keep his eyes or move them elsewhere for him to see. If there is a power that allows one to see even without eyes its in Abyss Mysticism but I might be misremembering this one. Of course one could also just remove the eyes and use high level Auspex to sense ones surroundings using senses other than sight and Auspex is a Clan Discipline for the Tzimisce.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

So then, how to War Ghouls and Vohzd work?
                    Most Szlachta are made using what the Ghoul already has. If you want bone plates on it you take some bone from where it does not need it, or little bit from everywhere making it slightly smaller overall but giving you material to enforce vitals Etc. It’s more about moving materials around and shaping them into new shapes than anything else.

Vohzd are made either with highlevel 6+ Vicissitude or through Koldunic ritual, both ways have rules in the game, and if I remember correctly Craft Life to Life is one of the main powers in making a Vohzd. But of course for these monsters you need to combine it with Animalism, again if I remember correctly, to meld the multiple Ghouls Beasts into one whole in addition to their bodies being melted together to create a somewhat controllable singular mind to drive the monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post

Most Szlachta are made using what the Ghoul already has. If you want bone plates on it you take some bone from where it does not need it, or little bit from everywhere making it slightly smaller overall but giving you material to enforce vitals Etc. It’s more about moving materials around and shaping them into new shapes than anything else.

Vohzd are made either with highlevel 6+ Vicissitude or through Koldunic ritual, both ways have rules in the game, and if I remember correctly Craft Life to Life is one of the main powers in making a Vohzd. But of course for these monsters you need to combine it with Animalism, again if I remember correctly, to meld the multiple Ghouls Beasts into one whole in addition to their bodies being melted together to create a somewhat controllable singular mind to drive the monster.

So, nothing of this level of magnitude, then?

Technically, the artist claims she's Nosferatu, but I think it works for a Tzimisce, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                        There is a Vicissitude level 6 power called Craft Life to Life, or something on those lines if my memory serves me right, which allows one to take some extra material from other beings and make them a part of you. This is the way one can add extra functioning hands and arms for example and it could easily be used to take bone from someone else to craft those horns on you.

So an Elder could achieve this, and since your speaking of an Archbishop Vicissitude 6 isn’t too far

The not having eyes thing is likely the most difficult part of this equation. So either you would have to keep his eyes or move them elsewhere for him to see. If there is a power that allows one to see even without eyes its in Abyss Mysticism but I might be misremembering this one. Of course one could also just remove the eyes and use high level Auspex to sense ones surroundings using senses other than sight and Auspex is a Clan Discipline for the Tzimisce.
                        Awesome. Actually, he could have been blind as a mortal, then he wouldn't need eyes anyway. I explored that before with a Malkavian, who's main delusion was that there was no such thing as sight. When using Aura sight, she seemed to feel for peoples auras, or even smell them, but when using Dominate, she removed her eyeglasses and stared creepily at people with her unfocused, milky eyes.

The blind Tzimisce archbishop might have been Embraced by a mad Tzimisce scientist, who wanted to know whether he could make his childe gain sight through fleshcraft. He tried and tried, but never achieved this feat. The childe, however, went on to learn how to perceive the world through Auspex and perhaps through a weird echolocation sense in those big horn he crafted onto himself, and always claimed this was an advantage, that he could perceive thruths about the world that other's couldn't, his senses unmuddled by the distraction of sight. Whether there was any truth to these claimes or not, he eventually rose to a high rank in the Sabbat.

Whoa...I came up with a backstory all of a sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by pang4 View Post
                          A Tzimisce with Cappadocian Necromancy? I shudder at the thought....
                          Well with the Harbingers of Skulls joining the Sabbat, I would think that a degree of information exchange would be some what inevitable. Though the more I think about it, a Tzimisce Koldun who also uses Necromancy is a combination that would give most Tremere nightmares.

Comment

The Necromancy stuff is actually rather perfect, as my campaign is set in Las Vegas in the late 1960s and early 70s, and a central plotline is that the feelings of (gambling) loss and despair that permeates the city has created a rift into the Shadowlands, the realm of the dead. One of the player characters just recently found this rift and encountered Eggotha, a Cappadocian trapped on the other side. She tricked him into freeing her, thus releasing what will become a Harbinger of Skulls into the world. This Harbinger, one of the first of her kind, could very well trade Necromancy secrets to an elder Tzimisce on the Path of Death and the Soul, in return for acceptance into the Sabbat. I can even make it a plotline in my campaign once we switch to the Sabbat perspective.

So the Tzimisce's appearance could be due to a combo/amalgam power of Viccissitude and low-level Necromancy. He could be a devout follower of the Path of Death and the Soul, determined to learn more about the strange ghostly phenomena that have recently plagued Las Vegas.

Comment

Vicissitude ••••• • has this as an option, so I assume a different custom power of that level could achieve the effect you're looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X